Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2250
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Well, if perhaps Pekovic is too expensive is there a chance management would consider Gasol? Something like this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2hown7

You get all 2 year deals.
    If the reason behind getting rid of Pek would be financial, why would we want Pau Gasol?

vCash
    PJ, stop making sense! Your wrecking their dreams on how to dump their over paid, injured, washed up players, and getting 10x their value.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    If the reason behind getting rid of Pek would be financial, why would we want Pau Gasol?
    2 year deal...after its over flexibility to keep at less or make a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    2 year deal...after its over flexibility to keep at less or make a change.
    The trade doesnt make sense man. Its a salary dump, trying to get rid of Pau, Blake, in exchange for a couple of good players.

vCash
    Sources say the Cavs and Timberwolves have talked about a Varejao trade. Minnesota would probably want the Cavs to take back forward Derrick Williams, which could be a deal-breaker. The Cavs could have interest in center Nikola Pekovic, a bruising 6-11, 290-pounder. Before anyone gets excited, forward Kevin Love is not available. Morning Journal

I smell a block buster trade if things do happen. This is what I think will happen. Draft picks may also be included too in this trade I'm assuming that the Cavaliers might have to give their 2013 1st round pick to make it work.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=alvqsyu

vCash
    I don't think the Wolves would want Cleveland to take on Derrick Williams, I think Cleveland would want him. Derrick Williams is much more than just a throw in.

And regarding Varejao, this forum seems really split on him. I love him. Terrific defense, great at running the court, solid rebounder...and the most reasonable contract ever for a Center of his quality.

vCash
    I would love to have Andy on this team, but he's hurt. I've heard anywhere from a contusion to quad tear. Also, giving up both Pek and Willum with Love being out doesn't seem like a wise idea.

vCash
    We all say it and we all know it that the T-Wolves are no longer a rebuilding team but the T-Wolves are still struggling just to get over that .500 winning percentage. Be honest do you think the T-Wolves needs to take that next big step and add another great player to play along with Love and Rubio? The last time I check the T-Wolves had players playing at the 1,2, and 3 who average more then 15 points a game was 2004 when the T-Wolves had Sam Cassell, Latrell Sprewell, and Wally Szerbiak. Ever since that the T-Wolves leading scorer always been a big man.

vCash
    I feel the Wolves did a fine job of putting a quality squad around Love and Rubio, but due to unforeseen circumstances, such as everyone getting hurt, and Rubio having a hard time recovering from injury, we have not seen the affect that our offseason acquisitions should be making.

vCash
    There are also rumors about Celtics trade involving Cousins.

What if Cousins is coming here, Pekovic going to Sac, and Varejao to Boston?

Wolves United

vCash
    doubt RA wants cousins.
    man im upset im hearing this AV for pek AND dwill rumor again... not even close to equal value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    There are also rumors about Celtics trade involving Cousins.

What if Cousins is coming here, Pekovic going to Sac, and Varejao to Boston?
    Oops Varejao is CLE, doesn't make sense LOL

Wolves United

vCash
    What the team need is health. We haven't played a game with a complete squad yet and we are not likely to do it for a while. Let me put it in another way. We haven't played a single game with all of our starters yet.
    As for Varejao you know my opinion. I hate him but I recognize that he could help our team. That said I believe he would be ideal to come behind Pek off the bench. Not a starter. If there are guys that complain about Pek, they would be frustrated with Varejao.

United we Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    What the team need is health. We haven't played a game with a complete squad yet and we are not likely to do it for a while. Let me put it in another way. We haven't played a single game with all of our starters yet.
    As for Varejao you know my opinion. I hate him but I recognize that he could help our team. That said I believe he would be ideal to come behind Pek off the bench. Not a starter. If there are guys that complain about Pek, they would be frustrated with Varejao.
    Bolded part is what I have been trying to say for awhile now too. Last year, when healthy, we were a fringe playoff team, with a terrible supporting cast. Addin Kirilenko/Chase/Cunningham/Shved (Roy gets a slight mention) to this team was more than plenty to not just make us a playoff team, but to put us somewhere around the 4-6 seed. The injuries that have derailed us, have just been asinine. On a regular basis, we are starting 2-3 bench players, who have been belittled by our fan base, because they are being judged as starters...with that said, the fire from our main contributors that we had last season (namely Love) seems to have gone missing as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Bolded part is what I have been trying to say for awhile now too. Last year, when healthy, we were a fringe playoff team, with a terrible supporting cast. Addin Kirilenko/Chase/Cunningham/Shved (Roy gets a slight mention) to this team was more than plenty to not just make us a playoff team, but to put us somewhere around the 4-6 seed. The injuries that have derailed us, have just been asinine. On a regular basis, we are starting 2-3 bench players, who have been belittled by our fan base, because they are being judged as starters...with that said, the fire from our main contributors that we had last season (namely Love) seems to have gone missing as well.
    Exactly. And the thing is you can't blame anyone. The players have been trying, the FO did as you said assemble this team and outside Roy no one of our injured players was injury prone, the coach is doing what his can with what he has.
    The question is what you are going to do now. I am in favor of keeping this team together (re-signing Pek, Bud and Cunningham) and wait until the injuries finish. Play it safe. So we might not make it to the play-offs. We are going to do it next year.
    The reason I am saying this is because I see all these rumors for Varejao, Gay, Gasol etc. Do not destroy this team as we have not yet seen it's full potential.

United we Run