Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Magic @ Timberwolves 8 PM EST SEASON OPENER

Hopefully this is the season we get back to the playoffs.

I wish for a healthy one! Go Wolves!

Wolves by 10

ON WEDNESDAY by the way! Sorry if I confused anyone!

vCash
    Wolves by either 15+, or 2pts on a Love buzzer beater. I'll take either

vCash
    So excited, guys. Last years team was a playoff team going into the season and this years is as well. I won't say we will have home court or anything in the playoffs but I honestly think this is a playoff team. I'm mister pessimist if you remember, so this should be high praise coming from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    So excited, guys. Last years team was a playoff team going into the season and this years is as well. I won't say we will have home court or anything in the playoffs but I honestly think this is a playoff team. I'm mister pessimist if you remember, so this should be high praise coming from me.
    Very much, but really, what Wolves fan isnt?

vCash
    ^Tony is extra pessimist.

vCash
    Will be recording the game, won't be able to watch until a little after 10.

What I am looking forward to the most, is our new and improved three point shooting. I am hoping for an easy win, and out starters not playing much more than 30 minutes so they are well and rested for a Westbrook-less OKC. Also curious to see how Adelman uses the rookies tomorrow. It would be pretty fun to see Hummel get around 7 meaningful minutes and do something like 2-3 from three...would also be fun to see us get an early lead and see Shabazz get in early and be aggressive.

vCash
    So the Lakers look good, and are minus Kobe right now...is this an unexpected team to have to compete with to make the playoffs?

locks to make the playoffs in the west IMO...
    Houston
    LAC
    GS
    Memphis
    OKC
    SA

and then bubble teams we will have to compete against...
    LAL, Denver, Portland, Dallas

vCash
    Wes Johnson tonight...1-11 from the field...man I miss him.

vCash
    I wouldn't make any snap judgements on the Lakers, personally. They aren't going to shoot 60%+ and have zero turnovers in the 4th quarter of many games, at least imo.

vCash
    I don't think they will be too much of a worry. They just played well tonight and particularly in the 4th quarter. I don't see that happening too often. Also, I can't help but think that when Kobe comes back it will completely disrupt the flow of the offense. That's unless of course he's ready to take more of a hindered role with the team and I don't see that happening. But it's no coincidence that if you go back and look at the true numbers, they often have a pretty darn good record without him.

vCash
    Never discredit the Lakers when they are not in rebuild mode. The fan expectations for that team cause the players to rise to the occasion. You never discount the Yankees, Packers or Red Wings, because they are the premier teams in their leagues. The Lakers are the premier team in the NBA, and you never discount them...unless they are in full rebuild mode, which they never will be, they will be a major factor in the standings until the end of the season.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 10-30-2013 at 06:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushed View Post
    I don't think they will be too much of a worry. They just played well tonight and particularly in the 4th quarter. I don't see that happening too often. Also, I can't help but think that when Kobe comes back it will completely disrupt the flow of the offense. That's unless of course he's ready to take more of a hindered role with the team and I don't see that happening. But it's no coincidence that if you go back and look at the true numbers, they often have a pretty darn good record without him.
    I also see this way too. It's like...luck out of that game only.

vCash
    Exciting for the game tonight. I'll like to see Dieng get some minute behind Pek. We're going to need rim protection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Never discredit the Lakers when they are not in rebuild mode. The fan expectations for that team cause the players to rise to the occasion. You never discount the Yankees, Packers or Red Wings, because they are the premier teams in their leagues. The Lakers are the premier team in the NBA, and you never discount them...unless they are in full rebuild mode, which they never will be, they will be a major factor in the standings until the end of the season.
    I think currently, they are a team we should beat with ease if we are completely healthy. (And remember this is minus Kobe)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    So the Lakers look good, and are minus Kobe right now...is this an unexpected team to have to compete with to make the playoffs?

locks to make the playoffs in the west IMO...
    Houston
    LAC
    GS
    Memphis
    OKC
    SA

and then bubble teams we will have to compete against...
    LAL, Denver, Portland, Dallas
    I am still not decided on GS this season.

The Lakers are not going to hold up. Nash if 40, and they played over their heads last night. They are a 30-35 win team.

Denver is starting Randolph at PF.

I am also curious to see what Memphis does. Clearly they are stuck in the middle of the pack in the west playoffs. With no cap space. That could trigger a move that would define a step back now, for a step forward later.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast