Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Colborne's done absolutely nothing at this point to warrant a shot on the top line. Only way that happens is if he has one HELLLL of a camp.(kids talented so won't count it out mind you) I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Kadri in the AHL to start the year again. That'd probably make Kadri go insane!
    I think its NHL or bust for Kadri at this point. If you don't have a spot for him, you have to trade him before you ruin his trade value by saying he can't crack the lineup on the 26th ranked team on his 3rd try...

vCash
    I'm probably wrong here. But sometimes I wonder if because Dean Lombardi embarassed Burke by not trading him the pick to get Brayden Schenn that Burke got insulted and took Kadri just to insult Bryan Murray because that's who Murray wanted lol.

vCash

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Good deal for both sides

vCash
    Time to trade wingers...

Top six wingers: JVR (he won't stay at C IMO), Kadri, Kulemin, MacArthur, Lupul, Kessel.
    That is 6 and we need 4

Bottom 6 wingers: Lombardi, Brown, Komarov, Connolly (finished year at RW), Frattin, with possibilities of Colborne, D'Amigo (according to Burke), and darkhorses like Deschamps, Mueller, and Hamilton (probably not, but you never know).

That's 11 or 12 NHL ready wingers with possible others and we need 8. I know you have to account for injuries and whatnot but still, we need to trade two of Connolly, Lombardi, MacArthur, Frattin, or Kadri (hopefully not).

Get on the phones and ship MacArthur out at least.

vCash
    Mueller signed with modo today....so hes not a leaf anymore

vCash
    He can go have fun in Sweden with Oscar Moeller.

vCash
    As it stands right now, this is how I think the lineup should look.
    Lupul Bozak Kessel
    Mac Grabo Kulemin
    JVR Kadri Frattin
    Brown Steckel McClement

Its a tiny lineup without a great deal of talent, but its time to play them and see what happens.

vCash
    ^
    I'd swap JVR on to the 2nd line and drop Mac to the 3rd. JVR's just more talented. What part of NS do live in anyways Lobster?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    ^
    I'd swap JVR on to the 2nd line and drop Mac to the 3rd. JVR's just more talented. What part of NS do live in anyways Lobster?
    Shelb. Co. How about yourself?
    Last edited by lobster; 07-20-2012 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    Guysborough Co. Right on the Strait. Thankfully not on the island

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Lupul Bozak Kessel
    Mac Grabo Kulemin
    JVR Kadri Frattin
    Brown Steckel McClement

Its a tiny lineup without a great deal of talent, but its time to play them and see what happens.
    Personally I wouldn't have JVR and/or kadri playing on the 3rd line. I believe Caryle loves kluemin on the 3rd line, then move JVR on the left side of grabo on the 2nd line.

For the first time in 7 yrs I'm excited about this team. Sure we're missing a #1 centre, #1 goalie and a #2 dman to play with phaneuf, but we fisnlly have good depth. Our wingers are highly skilled.

Trades to look for through rumors
    Chris Stewart
    Jonathan Beriner
    Roberto Lou
    Stashny
    Getzlaf

If we can add bernier and stashny, our team would be young and very talented with tons of potenional.

vCash
    Bernier and Statsny would dramatically improve this team immediately and even more so in the long run if Bernier continues to develop into a number one goalie. And the best part about this is, it can be done.

Lupul - Statsny - Kessel
    JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin

That top six has playoffs written all over it IMO. I wouldn't go as far to post the bottom six because it all depends on what COL would want for Stats and what the hell we would do with all of our extra dead weight contracts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    Time to trade wingers...

Top six wingers: JVR (he won't stay at C IMO), Kadri, Kulemin, MacArthur, Lupul, Kessel.
    That is 6 and we need 4

Bottom 6 wingers: Lombardi, Brown, Komarov, Connolly (finished year at RW), Frattin, with possibilities of Colborne, D'Amigo (according to Burke), and darkhorses like Deschamps, Mueller, and Hamilton (probably not, but you never know).

That's 11 or 12 NHL ready wingers with possible others and we need 8. I know you have to account for injuries and whatnot but still, we need to trade two of Connolly, Lombardi, MacArthur, Frattin, or Kadri (hopefully not).

Get on the phones and ship MacArthur out at least.
    I really think that at this point, you have to give Kadri a shot at center and see what he can do. I'd like to completely juggle the lines and see him with Kessel and maybe Kulemin who can play defensive hockey to take some of the defensive brunt away from Kadri right away. Then you go Lupul with JVR and either Grabo or Connolly and then Grabo or Connolly with Bozak and MacArthur and I think that accounts for everyone who NEEDS a spot. Frattin won't be ready for camp so you don't need to worry about him. Komarov (until he doesn't make the team) and Brown with Steckel then would make up the 4th line with Lombardi as the extra.

EDIT: COMPLETELY forgot about Jay McClement...you gotta deal someone then I guess. JVR might even be the guy I'd consider dealing. I think he has significantly more value than what Schenn had and I think you look around and see maybe if you can flip him with stuff for a number 1 center like Getzlaf, however unlikely that is. Can you realistically do a line of Bozak, Connolly, and McClement though? I don't think so, doesn't look right. Maybe Kulemin and have Kadri ont he wing...I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Lupul Bozak Kessel
    Mac Grabo Kulemin
    JVR Kadri Frattin
    Brown Steckel McClement

Frattin won't be ready for the beginning of the season so maybe you slide McClement (who seems to have been guaranteed 3rd line minutes) in there into that spot and give Komarov, Lombardi, or Connolly that last spot and roll with it...

I think I would personally completely shuffle the lines like I said before...

Kulemin - Kadri - Kessel
    JVR - Grabovski - Lupul
    MacA - Bozak - Connolly
    Brown - Steckel - McClement
    Komarov/Lombardi

or, you start with dealing Mac and then go...

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
    JVR - Grabovski - Kadri
    Kulemin - McClement - Connolly
    Komorov - Steckel - Brown
    Lombardi

Not that different from yours, I just don't think we need to even both keeping that Kulemin, Grabo, Mac line together because they didn't spend much of the end of last season together. And my second lineup could have Mac on that 3rd line with Connolly in Komarov's spot on the 4th line too, or on the bench and then deal Mac to make room for Frattin when he's ready.

Ideally, you would deal 2 guys for an upgrade on one of them. Something like, for example (not suggesting this as possible even or a real option), Lupul and MacArthur for Matt Moulson or something like that. But it makes sense because you take advantage of your depth. Probably makes MORE sense to deal Kadri with MacArthur or Lupul to get something similar to that done but if we're under the impression that management likes the idea of keeping Kadri then we shouldn't be leading the charge to deal him...

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised to see BB deal Kadri this off season in a bigger package deal for a #1C like Statsny or maybe even Getzlaf if Ana. wouldn't start the deal with Gardnier,which they will.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast