Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As per dregs on twitter kuli resigned 2 yrs...2.8 per

vCash
    Good price for him. Even if he is a ~15 goal, ~20 assist guy on the 3rd line this year. Plays a good two way game and is good along the boards

Assuming JVR doesn't stick at C.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
    JVR - Grabovski - Frattin/MacArthur
    Kadri - McClement - Kulemin/Frattin/MacArthur/Lombardi/Connolly
    Brown - Steckel - Komarov

We seriously have too many wings... That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Frattin + going the other way for Bernier. MacArthur if he stays probably goes for a 2nd/3rd at the deadline depending on where we are and how he's playing. Connolly or Lombardi to Nashville if Weber goes to Philly. I say this because both of them have 1 year left and will help them reach the cap floor while being able to contribute somewhat.

I don't know... never hurts to have much depth, but soon Kadri will be eligible for waivers so he'll need a permanent spot, same with Frattin.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    To be specific. Kulemin will get $2.6 is 1st year and $3 mil in 2nd for $2.8 aav with Leafs. -- Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger)

Nevermind this his contract

vCash
    MacArthur, Connolly, and Lombardi have to go. Or 3 forwards to make room for everyone. There has to be another deal coming down the pipe. They can't start the year with 15 forwards.

vCash
    Great signing. If JVR sticks at #1 centre, klue will fit in nicely on the 2nd line. Now, move fratton and a pick for Beriner, trade Mac for a pick

Lupul - JVR - kessel
    Klue - grabo - Kadri

Not a bad top 6 with tons of potenional.

vCash
    Burke has to be kicking himself for not trading MacArthur for the late first rounder that he was allegedly offered at last years trade deadline. I would have been fine with a second rounder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Good price for him. Even if he is a ~15 goal, ~20 assist guy on the 3rd line this year. Plays a good two way game and is good along the boards

Assuming JVR doesn't stick at C.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
    JVR - Grabovski - Frattin/MacArthur
    Kadri - McClement - Kulemin/Frattin/MacArthur/Lombardi/Connolly
    Brown - Steckel - Komarov

We seriously have too many wings... That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Frattin + going the other way for Bernier. MacArthur if he stays probably goes for a 2nd/3rd at the deadline depending on where we are and how he's playing. Connolly or Lombardi to Nashville if Weber goes to Philly. I say this because both of them have 1 year left and will help them reach the cap floor while being able to contribute somewhat.

I don't know... never hurts to have much depth, but soon Kadri will be eligible for waivers so he'll need a permanent spot, same with Frattin.
    I agree with you in that he likely wont stick at centre, but if he does, where does this leave Bozak?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMichael View Post
    I agree with you in that he likely wont stick at centre, but if he does, where does this leave Bozak?
    If he does, I think you have to move Bozak to the 3rd centre spot, bumping McClement down

would leave something like;

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
    Kadri/MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin/Frattin
    Kadri/MacArthru - Bozak - Kulemin/Frattin
    Brown - Steckel - McClement (Steckel takes draws, but McClement plays C)
    Connolly, Lombardi, Komarov

This also still allows us to possibly move Frattin in a deal for Bernier, since Lombardi or Connolly can play wing on that 3rd line and we also have the likes of Ashton/D'Amigo/Colborne all fighting for a spot as well.
    Last edited by blujaysrock; 07-20-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Perhaps both Tyler Bozak and Matt Frattin would be the Leafs headed out of town in a potential Jonathan Bernier deal with LA? As some media reports have suggested, Nazem Kadri could be moved to centre? I like the Nikolai Kulemin deal! The next month will be interesting, as Brian Burke will continue to test the trade market. I just don't believe we will be seeing NHL hockey until the end of November the way the NHL's CBA talks are starting to look!

vCash
    Barring any trades that bring in top 6 forwards, I'd like to see this line up:

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
    Kadri - Grabo - Kulemin
    MacArthur - Bozak - Frattin
    Komarov - Steckel - McClement (Steckel just takes draw, McClement plays C)

or

Lupul - Kadri/Grabo - Kessel
    JVR - Grabo/Kadri - Frattin
    MacArthur - Bozak - Kulemin
    Komarov - Steckel - McClement (Steckel just takes draw, McClement plays C)

However, I know this is largely unrealistic unless Connolly and Lombardi are traded or demoted. A trade is possible to Nashville (if they don't match Weber) or Phoenix to get to the floor. Especially since Connolly is being paid $4 million and his cap hit is $4.75 million IIRC.

vCash
    Pumped my favorite Maple Leaf resigned! I was hoping negotiations wouldn't get ugly and then have Burke trade his rights. I honestly wouldn't take Kulemin off of Grabo's line. Especially not for MacArthur. Kulemins a better player obviously and him and Grabo have chemistry. Not that MacArthur didn't, just not to extent those two did/have.

vCash
    There's no way McClement isn't on the third line. I bet he signed here with the promise from Burke and Carlyle that he would get "typical carlyle third line minutes".

I see a Bozak and MacArthur trade going down. I still think our next deal will involve the Avs or the Blues. The Blues are rumoured to have told Arnott he won't be back. Bozak and MacArthur for Stewart? Blues would have 4 legit lines that they can roll out at any time, and get two guys that would likely fit Hitchcocks style a bit more. Blues won because of their depth, and since they struck out on the big fishes (parise,Suter) and i think they will look to increase their depth even more.

Also i wonder if this bernier rumour is just talk. Frattin and a 2nd would be an ok deal for him but i think Burke/Nonis would rather use that (and add another mid-level peice) to get Luongo.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    I would give this a try...

Lupul - Grabovski - Kessel
    JVR - Kadri - Kulemin
    Colborne/Bozak - McClement - Frattin
    Lombardi/Komarov - Steckel - Brown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    I would give this a try...

Lupul - Grabovski - Kessel
    JVR - Kadri - Kulemin
    Colborne/Bozak - McClement - Frattin
    Lombardi/Komarov - Steckel - Brown
    you're forgetting about Connolly, but aside from Grabo and Colborne/Bozak i like it.

What i would try:

Lupul - Colborne/Kadri - Kessel (if JVR fails then experiment with these two at centre. If all fails then stick Bozak back there)
    JVR - Grabo - Kadri
    Kulemin - McClement - MacArthur
    Komarov-Steckel-Brown

Frattin is either traded or sent down after injury. If Mac is traded then Frattin could step in there.
    I like Kadri on the second line wing (more then mac) because i feel he has more offensive ability and could create more for his linemates.
    Only guy missing is Bozak. If he's not traded (and one of JVR/Colborne/Kadri succeed on the top line) i would put him on the fourth line and move Steckel.

vCash
    Colborne's done absolutely nothing at this point to warrant a shot on the top line. Only way that happens is if he has one HELLLL of a camp.(kids talented so won't count it out mind you) I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Kadri in the AHL to start the year again. That'd probably make Kadri go insane!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast