Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    12,630
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see BB deal Kadri this off season in a bigger package deal for a #1C like Statsny or maybe even Getzlaf if Ana. wouldn't start the deal with Gardnier,which they will.
    Could you imagine that we got Lupul and Gardiner for Beauchimin (sp?) but now those two have the value to potentially start a Getzlaff trade scenario. Great trade from BB no doubt.

    Not that i'm saying it will get done or anything, justing pointing out how much their value has risen.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...



    We've been through tough times, man.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    B.C. Kelowna
    Posts
    3,778
    vCash
    1500
    Why would burke trade gardiner back to the ducks?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,615
    vCash
    1500
    This is exactly why you trade Lupul while his value is high. We've got a glut of wingers and I don't expect that guy to be a PPG player next year. If he's on the team opening night obviously I hope he his, hell I hope he's a 100 pt player. But realistically the smart move may be to trade him while he's high in a deal for #1 center. Then you have JVR on the left, Kessel on the right and a 70-90pt centermen(depending who) in the middle. Looks sexy.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    12,630
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Why would burke trade gardiner back to the ducks?
    I was just talking about their increase in value. Don't worry Gardiner is not going to the Ducks.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...



    We've been through tough times, man.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    12,630
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    This is exactly why you trade Lupul while his value is high. We've got a glut of wingers and I don't expect that guy to be a PPG player next year. If he's on the team opening night obviously I hope he his, hell I hope he's a 100 pt player. But realistically the smart move may be to trade him while he's high in a deal for #1 center. Then you have JVR on the left, Kessel on the right and a 70-90pt centermen(depending who) in the middle. Looks sexy.
    The only reason i was not 100% on trading Lupul earlier was because i didn't see who could take his spot. JVR has the talent and now i'm 100% on board with moving Lupul.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    B.C. Kelowna
    Posts
    3,778
    vCash
    1500
    I hate this whole trade a player because he will never repeat his pts ...sometimes players have chemistry together so i say we hang on to lupul and see what he does this yr

  7. #52
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,295
    vCash
    1500
    And sometimes Tim Connolly plays 70 games in a season, but history shows he will be hurt soon

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,615
    vCash
    1500
    Thus the life of a Leafs fan. We sign an injury prone guy that was a plan B to be our first line centre. Then he ends up staying healthier than anyone thought but plays his way on to the 3rd line and as a winger/part time centre. Ahhh... I love my team.. I love my team..

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Prince George
    Posts
    1,464
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Thus the life of a Leafs fan. We sign an injury prone guy that was a plan B to be our first line centre. Then he ends up staying healthier than anyone thought but plays his way on to the 3rd line and as a winger/part time centre. Ahhh... I love my team.. I love my team..
    Connolly wasn't a bad signing. Burke made his pitch for Brad Richards, then turned to plan B when plan A didn't work out. The 2 yr deal was solid, in the case Burke anticapatied Kadri or Colborne would be ready, as connollys deal expired.
    Now, the fact Connolly didn't stick on the top line with lups and kessel isn't a shocker. Connolly will be a 4.5 mil 3rd line plug, but I give Burke credit for trying to sign a "solid" centre to play with the top line.
    Burke said (on the fan 590 a few weeks ago) kadri has done what has been asked of him. He become stronger, thanks to an invite from GAry Roberts to come work out at his gym, and go through his program. Dallas eakin has helped drastically in kadri's two way game. Burke believe kadri is here to stay this coming season.
    Personally I do not believe kadri is here to stay unless it's a top 6 spot. Kadri needs skilled players to blossom.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,646
    vCash
    1500
    Not sure why so many people hate on the Connolly signing. He was signed for 2 years, 2 years. He's not stopping us from signing anybody and at least gives some kind of scoring depth down the middle. He wasn't great last season but I wouldn't be shocked to suddenly see him healthy and playing well in a contract year. He was a stopgap a year ago and he's a stopgap now.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,615
    vCash
    1500
    The same reason we hate Komisarek. We paid him 4.5 to play on the top 2 pairings and he ends up on the 3rd D pairing and ends up sitting in the press box some nights. We paid Connolly 1st/2nd line money to end up playing on the 3rd line and not even at center half of the time. People are getting sick of these signings not working out. I honestly hope Connolly rebounds because it benefits the team. But right now it is what it is. I would of rather gave a kid a shot on the team then had Connolly playing on the 3rd line and saved around 3.5 million dollars. Hard to argue that. Burke was under the gun to get a 1st line centre. Couldn't get Richards obviously and went for plan B. Sometimes it's best to count your loses and forget plan B. This is one of those cases. 1 year, 2 years, 5 years.. doesn't matter.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 07-22-2012 at 12:23 AM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    32,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    And sometimes Tim Connolly plays 70 games in a season, but history shows he will be hurt soon
    I feel like I'd rather see Connolly produce closer to a PPG and play less games than what I saw last season. I'd much rather see like 35 points in 40 games or something than the 36 in 70 we saw last year. Even like 20 points in 25 games. I'd just rather see him produce at a high rate than just not produce...

    I think he's gonna have a better year though. I would not at all be shocked if he took the number 1 center spot away from Bozak (which he isn't holding on to firmly too).

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500

    Nikolai Kulemin to arbitration

    If Connolly is our number one center next yr, we are not making the playoffs.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    32,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    If Connolly is our number one center next yr, we are not making the playoffs.
    That's such a blanket answer. Bozak was our 1st line center last year and we weren't even close. Are we even better? At all? If Connolly scores 65 points in 73 games like he did 3 seasons ago, he's the highest scoring centerman in Toronto since Sundin had 78 points in 07-08.

    If Connolly scored 65 points, we'd make the playoffs.

  15. #60
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    That's such a blanket answer. Bozak was our 1st line center last year and we weren't even close. Are we even better? At all? If Connolly scores 65 points in 73 games like he did 3 seasons ago, he's the highest scoring centerman in Toronto since Sundin had 78 points in 07-08.

    If Connolly scored 65 points, we'd make the playoffs.
    If Connolly scores 100 points and the goaltending is like last year this team still doesn't make the playoffs...love how Burke builds from the net out...truculence

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •