Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

Nikolai Kulemin to arbitration

Looks like Kulemin willing be heading to arbitration. Sounds like Kulemin wants a long term deal (3-4 years)...sounds like he is looking for a raise from his $2.2 million ($2.35 cap hit). Should be interesting to see what comes of this. I'd sign him to another 1 year deal to let him prove himself and decide from there next year. After this season, Kulemin only has 1 year left being an RFA.

vCash
    This isn't necessarily a bad thing. After the ****** year he just had, he won't get a very significant raise, if he gets one at all.

I think whether you sign him to a longer term deal depends on what you see in him. I think I'd offer him a 4 year deal in the low 3s range like 3.15-3.35 or something and have him decide if that's what he wants. If he scores 30 goals and 60 points again, he's worth a lot more than 3.35 million per...

vCash
    Give him 4 years/ 13-14M and call it a day.

I think he's a steal if he scores 15 per season and plays like he does (and is healthy). get it done long term, try and take advantage of his down season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Give him 4 years/ 13-14M and call it a day.

I think he's a steal if he scores 15 per season and plays like he does (and is healthy). get it done long term, try and take advantage of his down season.
    I agree. I think when this team starts to make serious playoff runs he will be the most valuable bottom 6 player with the potential to fill in on the 2nd line if injuries plague the team

vCash
    Ideally after a poor season, I'd look to go 4 years, 12M, or even 5 years, 15M tbh. 3M per would be great.

vCash
    Between this year and last it seems as i this kid and his agent are a son of a ***** when it comes to contract talks. I'm pretty much banking on the fact that he'll revert back to atleast a 20 goal scorer. His forechecking and pursuit of the puck are so much fun to watch. Hardly ever loses a puck battle. I'd like to sign him long term but it may not be a bad idea to do another one year deal and let him prove last year was a fluke like was already mentioned in an above post.

vCash
    I bet Kule wishes he had negotiated a long-term deal last year. At least he'd be garunteed at least $3M on a long deal

vCash
    This is a sticky situation. As fans we know what he can do but we also know that he can fail to put up numbers. Consistancy is an issue, and it is with most guys. I like Kulemins all around game and I think its clear that both sides want to accomplish a deal before arbitration. He'll get a raise, whether he deserves one or not, but I can definitely see a 1yr deal come at just a bit above what he made last year as a proving season. Then as an RFA again next season they can renegotiate based on what he puts out next year.

vCash
    If Burke gave Armstrong 3M, Kule should get that.

Give him 4 years at 12-13M. Even if this is the offensive side we see from him (~10 goals 25 assists), his all around game is worth that. Perfect 3rd liner on a play off team.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    He'll be awarded a 1 year, 3 mil contract. I believe Mac was awarded a 3.1 mil contract, when he was with Buffalo. So i tend to believe Klue will get roughly around the same.
    Klue will go off and score 20 this yr, then Burke will sign him to a 5 yr 4.5 mil dollar contract, when he should have signed him this yr to a 4-5 yr contract around 3-3.5 mil contract.

vCash
    Well if we can save some money I'm all for it. He was pretty disappointing last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    He'll be awarded a 1 year, 3 mil contract. I believe Mac was awarded a 3.1 mil contract, when he was with Buffalo. So i tend to believe Klue will get roughly around the same.
    Klue will go off and score 20 this yr, then Burke will sign him to a 5 yr 4.5 mil dollar contract, when he should have signed him this yr to a 4-5 yr contract around 3-3.5 mil contract.
    The sad truth.

vCash
    Can't say for certain that this will happen, but I'd say the signs point to it happening. He's a 26 year old who's a home grown talent (we drafted and developed). As a rookie he had 31pts, then 36pts, then 57 pts, and then an off year. We should see it as an opportunity to sign this guy at a reasonable number. After what we saw on July 1st this year, what do you think he'll be asking if he scores between 20-30 goals next year, 40-50 pts, and continues to show the tenacity and hard work he puts in every night? Plus, he really wants to be here... as much as we think that it should be a given, more guys seem to be opting for Florida, Anaheim, LA, Carolina (warm climate) where they have a relatively normal life while still playing on a competitive team.

vCash
    Now you're assuming Kule was only asking for 3.5 mil. I honestly think Burke is playing hard ball because Kule is asking for 4 mil or more, burke wants him to prove he can put up 50 pts again before he secures him long term. I see this as a win/win situation for us. If he only scores 30-40 pts we can lock him for long term for around 3 mil.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    No way Kulemin would take a multi year contract at $3.0-3.5 a year when he could be a UFA after 2 more years. The best thing for both sides is a 1 year deal to give Kulemin the opportunity to show that last year was just a bad year. If he bounces back and puts up 50 points I think a longer term deal will be worked out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast