Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Science Off-Topic Thread

Other forums have 'em, no reason we shouldn't. I find them good for camaraderie and that they help keep chatter out of other discussions, though this thread could also be used for cool science **** that might not deserve a thread.

Whatever. Yeah science!

vCash

vCash
    Science? More like witchcraft.

Lets go.

vCash

vCash
    Neil Degrass Tyson is such a good PR guy for the science community. I can watch videos of him speak for hours.
    YOU TRIED HARD MIAMI

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Hey I want to thanks the folks who yelled and screamed about this till we got it. Yeah us.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Neil Degrass Tyson is such a good PR guy for the science community. I can watch videos of him speak for hours.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4238NN8HMgQ

His 2012 debunking is hilarious too. I saw him speak in San Diego a few years ago and it was great. Took a lot of questions too.

vCash
    NDT is the ****ing boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Hey I want to thanks the folks who yelled and screamed about this till we got it. Yeah us.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    And now that it's here, those same people hardly post in it

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    It takes a while to get used to going to a new forum. I have one of the most successful groups in PSD history (I don't know if thats true or impressive I just felt like saying it) and members still forget to check it our from time to time cause its not their usual PSD clicks.

vCash
    Not to mention it's way at the bottom of the forum page and there are no links in either the header or footer menus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Not to mention it's way at the bottom of the forum page and there are no links in either the header or footer menus.
    Yup. It's easier to just leave a separate tab open in this forum alone than to go to the main forum page, scroll all the way down, and then get in here, considering there is no other forum I go to that is that way.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I guess I just don't agree on the big out cry for the navigation bar. I don't ever use it. And most of the forums I go to I just scroll down. Fitness Food Politics, and occasionally here to read the headlines and see if there is something cool (like the nasa thread).

I personally like I said came around to the idea but I do think it's mostly going to be shorter threads. Which is fine. Heck it can be a quasi news filter for all I care.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I guess I just don't agree on the big out cry for the navigation bar. I don't ever use it. And most of the forums I go to I just scroll down. Fitness Food Politics, and occasionally here to read the headlines and see if there is something cool (like the nasa thread).

I personally like I said came around to the idea but I do think it's mostly going to be shorter threads. Which is fine. Heck it can be a quasi news filter for all I care.
    I use the nav bar at the bottom almost exclusively to go between forums. Outside of a pull-down menu, it's the single most efficient and quick way to do it.

Scroll to the bottom of a thread, and if you want to go back to GD or a team forum or whatever, the nav bar is right there. No more scrolling necessary.

In a forum, scroll to the bottom of a forum, and again the nav bar is right there. No back button, no scrolling back up for the forum link at the top.

The fact that the Saber forum still isn't on the bottom bar is just pathetic. I remember when this place had a pull-down menu, but they got rid of it. I can't imagine any argument against bringing it back at this point. Outside of the completely inept running of this place, from the technical side at the least.
    Visit my Blog.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast