Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3557
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wes wasn't going to see a minute this year guys. The pick is the only beef anyone should have. You could see the total disgust in Adelman's face when he was talking about Wes. With AK-47, Roy, Shved, Budinger, Williams, there will be no time for him.
    I'm pretty sure the pick is the ONLY problem some fans are having, me included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3XDouble View Post
    Sure, but that's not the point. I would be Kahn could have a deal with 24 hours to trade Wes for a 2nd rouind pick in 2016 so why give up the 1st round pick. He is not that stupid. Something is missing here.

The argument that we don't want to wait also make little sense. A three team deal is always more likely to fall apart and take longer to execute.
    From what I read, the only holdup is Lopez returning from vacation to get his physical done. Should be within a day or so.

And yes, there is something missing. I am sure we have a player coming back in this trade, a big hopefully.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillzhere View Post
    Because IMO ther is no way in hell you have to give up a 1st rd pick to get there.
    I think you guys may underestimate the value of these 2nd round picks coming back. Unlike 1st round picks, they are non-guaranteed and no player has to add salary to your cap or take a roster space immediately. The fact that we are talking about them probably being NOLA picks means that they will be high picks in the second round.

I think Kahn would much rather have 2 overseas prospects that he can watch over there versus a mid-first American player who would have to develop with the team or in D-League.

vCash
    Out:

Wes Johnson- 8.0-0.6-65

New total out-- 77.7 (avg 11.1)-4.7-258

In:

AK-47- 16.7-4.7-n/a

New total in-- 89.7 (avg 14.95)-21-175

So, statistically, if we do all the additions we are rumored to be doing, we win 16 more games in a 66 game season, not including what improvements we have with Love, Pek, and the health of Barea, Luke, and Rubio. If you stretch it over an 82 game season, we statistically, on paper, have a lineup that should win 48+ games.
    15 wins... not to mention we won't lose our last 18 of 20 games or however bad we were at the end when I stopped paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I think you guys may underestimate the value of these 2nd round picks coming back. Unlike 1st round picks, they are non-guaranteed and no player has to add salary to your cap or take a roster space immediately. The fact that we are talking about them probably being NOLA picks means that they will be high picks in the second round.

I think Kahn would much rather have 2 overseas prospects that he can watch over there versus a mid-first American player who would have to develop with the team or in D-League.
    Great way of looking at it....
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I have problem with Kirilenko's contract. It seems to be 2 year + player option for 3rd. If he doesn't pan out, we're screwed for next couple of years. I would love a 2 year deal with team option on the second.
    I agree, but he just dominated Europe this year, winning MVP, and Defensive Player of the Year in the Euroleague, and has gotten healthy again. He is worth the risk for 3 years. It should help with Shved's entry into the NBA as well.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

Good point!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    15 wins... not to mention we won't lose our last 18 of 20 games or however bad we were at the end when I stopped paying attention.
    that would inflate statistically to about 20 wins over the course of an 82 game season. Basically, we have literally upgraded everywhere, outside Randolph's statistical value. And he played very sparingly.

vCash
    The Rubio "risk" this year might deflate that number to 17-18. Roys projections are optimistic imo. But then again, you know me.

vCash

Or you package them and trade into the 1st. But the fact is, Kahn is making some serious contract commitments this year, and we will be hard pressed on space to add more players next year outside flipping one under contract. Which could easily be done. It's not like its that difficult to get a 1st rounder.

vCash

Excellent point

vCash
    Post of the day goes to Topdog.

vCash
    The Rubio "risk" this year might deflate that number to 17-18. Roys projections are optimistic imo. But then again, you know me.
    I scaled Roy's projections down to 2/3 of what he was in 09-10'.

vCash
    I scaled Roy's projections down to 2/3 of what he was in 09-10'.
    That is still optimistic i think.

vCash
    Post of the day goes to Topdog.