Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 238 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    23 year old comparison? Or are you thinking prime KG versus current Love?
    In KG's 6th year at 23 he was far,far better on defense than love.Are u sauing he wasn't?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillzhere View Post
    In KG's 6th year at 23 he was far,far better on defense than love.Are u sauing he wasn't?
    absolutely not. Love was a far superior offensive player at the same age however. It's basically a trade out.

In reality, this conversation is kinda not important anyways haha, I simply laid out why Love is a star player to a new user, lising his killer instinct and ability to step up and make shots down the stretch as a strength compared to the other franchise player we have had. KG and Love are totally different players.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he was 1st team all defense at 23.

vCash
    10 seconds remaining in the game, down by 2, I put the ball in Love's hands 10 out of 10 times. Kg had a great fade a way jumper, but it is a low percentage shot, compared to driving it to the basket, and taking a much better shot, like Love does.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    5th year comparison

KG ts% was 54.5 and loves 56.8

Kg 23/11.4/5
    love 26/13.3/2

That a lot closer than if you compare them defensively at that point IMO.
    Last edited by DW3421; 07-11-2012 at 10:43 AM.

vCash
    5th year comparison

KG ts% was 55 and loves 56

Kg 23/11.4/5
    love 26/13.3/2

That a lot closer than if you compare them defensively at that point IMO.
    Love's offensive rating, WS/48, PER, all much higher. Better rebounder. Much better at drawing fouls and hitting bombs.

Again, I am not comparing the two specifically, I am saying what KG lacked, Love has. The same can be said the other way around.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    IMO KG hurts u a lot less on offense than love does on defense and KG was a better offensive player than love is a defender.Im just saying.
    Last edited by DW3421; 07-11-2012 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    IMO KG hurts u a lot less on offense than love does on defense and KG was a better offensive player than love is a defender.Im just saying.
    meh, we can disagree. I get what you are saying, that the gap between the two on either side of the ball favors KG. I tend to disagree, and I think Love's offensive gap will only become greater.

vCash
    The most significant difference between Love and KG, is Love's ability to get to the line. KG, like all the other wolves at the time, fell in love with the 17 footer when he should have been getting into the lane and drawing contact. Love is effective because he makes a concerted effort to get near the rim which means: 1. more fouls for the other team; 2. trips to the free throw line, and 3. More offensive boards and second chance points for Love and Pek.

The most frustrating part about Love when he first got here was his inability to finish. But now he has developed that little hook shot, and has become far more effective at finishing and is a far more polished offensive player at 23 than KG has ever been.

I get that KG was a beast on defense, and love will never be able to physically match his length or athleticism on that end. Despite the height and length advantage, Love is just as good on the defensive glass as KG, and that, last time I checked, was one of the main defensive assignments for a PF. Also KG played on teams with much better defenders, which allowed him a lot of freedom that Love doesn't have.

With the team the Wolves have assembled I would take Love over KG for the simple reason that we don't have enough scoring anywhere else to make up the difference. On a team with a dominant wing scorer, and a guard that can penetrate and get easy shots, I would take KG.

vCash
    BTW, in my book an offensive rebound is as good as a steal or a block, and Love is the best I have seen at that since Moses (malone not the prophet).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    BTW, in my book an offensive rebound is as good as a steal or a block, and Love is the best I have seen at that since Moses (malone not the prophet).
    In his defense - The prophet Moses wasn't a great rebounder, but he did have that one assist...
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpagemn View Post
    In his defense - The prophet Moses wasn't a great rebounder, but he did have that one assist...
    And like a lot of all time greats, He never got to the promised land either...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    The most significant difference between Love and KG, is Love's ability to get to the line. KG, like all the other wolves at the time, fell in love with the 17 footer when he should have been getting into the lane and drawing contact. Love is effective because he makes a concerted effort to get near the rim which means: 1. more fouls for the other team; 2. trips to the free throw line, and 3. More offensive boards and second chance points for Love and Pek.

The most frustrating part about Love when he first got here was his inability to finish. But now he has developed that little hook shot, and has become far more effective at finishing and is a far more polished offensive player at 23 than KG has ever been.

I get that KG was a beast on defense, and love will never be able to physically match his length or athleticism on that end. Despite the height and length advantage, Love is just as good on the defensive glass as KG, and that, last time I checked, was one of the main defensive assignments for a PF. Also KG played on teams with much better defenders, which allowed him a lot of freedom that Love doesn't have.

With the team the Wolves have assembled I would take Love over KG for the simple reason that we don't have enough scoring anywhere else to make up the difference. On a team with a dominant wing scorer, and a guard that can penetrate and get easy shots, I would take KG.
    It's hard for mee to see KG at 23(6th yr)not leading this team to the playoffs even with this roster.Not because of offense because I agree love is a better offensive player than KG, but think I think KG made people better on offense and for sure made them better on defense more than love does.KG was probably one of the greatest emotional and vocal leaders ever as well as being probably the best vocal communicator on defense ever.I don't take those things lightly and loved watching it all those years.

vCash
    Im hearing alot about Kyle Kover in a S&T we would want to dump some cap which could lead to nothing going down but he would be great off the bench IMO

vCash
    I think our league is much tougher now, then it was 10 years ago, so I dont think would make much difference.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

Page 7 of 238 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast