Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 238 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the Sixers game says otherwise, as does his 51 point effort against OKC, or his game winner against the Clips. He has more killer instinct in his left pinkie than KG did in his entire body.
    I think clutch is overused in general but man did KG piss me off late in games. It seemed like he could never take over late in games when it was tight. I know he did every now and then but not as much as he should have.

vCash
    There was a time when KG could not be stopped.....by anyone but himself. He just didn't have that killer instinct. If only he had that gene, man ohhhh man!

vCash
    I would rather have my guy make the right basketball decision, then to have that "killer instinct," which causes players like Kobe or Melo to play 1 v 5.

vCash
    Very good point.

vCash
    there's only a couple superstars in this leauge.. bron an kd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think clutch is overused in general but man did KG piss me off late in games. It seemed like he could never take over late in games when it was tight. I know he did every now and then but not as much as he should have.
    dude, I have typed books on how clutch is not even a real thing, but what I mean is, when its winning time, Love has shown he wants to step up and take it, where KG always made the right basketball play. That works when it isn't Trenton Hassell you are throwing the ball to many times, but KG so often disappeared in closing minutes.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Are some people serious about Melo over Love? http://www.basketball-reference.com/...veke01&y2=2012

Thats a comparison of last year. Also note that love has played half as many seasons as carmelo and love has improved every year so far. So Love not quite in his prime vs Melo in his prime and those are the stats.
    only knicks fans or delusional fans in love with PPG would ever choose Melo.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I would rather have my guy make the right basketball decision, then to have that "killer instinct," which causes players like Kobe or Melo to play 1 v 5.
    you need a mix. There is a grey area dude.

vCash
    dude, I have typed books on how clutch is not even a real thing, but what I mean is, when its winning time, Love has shown he wants to step up and take it, where KG always made the right basketball play. That works when it isn't Trenton Hassell you are throwing the ball to many times, but KG so often disappeared in closing minutes.
    I think your ignoring one side of the court.I cant tell you how many games KG's killer instinct on defense willed us down the stretch.My favorite t-wolves game all time was the 1st time we beat Jordan and da bulls.KG was checking JORDAN on the final possessions of the game ,stealing it once and blocking JORDAN once b4 Starbury threw the ball through the target center roof.He did this for us so many times that I can't even count as well as killer insticting(on defense) his way to a ship in boston.

No KG hasn't hit to many spot up 3's to win games nor has he scored 51 points in a loss too many times but to say Love has more killer instinct in his pinky than KG ever had is IMO 1st forgetting about defense all together and 2nd just not fair to say YET.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillzhere View Post
    I think your ignoring one side of the court.I cant tell you how many games KG's killer instinct on defense willed us down the stretch.My favorite t-wolves game all time was the 1st time we beat Jordan and da bulls.KG was checking JORDAN on the final possessions of the game ,stealing it once and blocking JORDAN once b4 Starbury threw the ball through the target center roof.He did this for us so many times that I can't even count as well as killer insticting(on defense) his way to a ship in boston.

No KG hasn't hit to many spot up 3's to win games nor has he scored 51 points in a loss too many times but to say Love has more killer instinct in his pinky than KG ever had is IMO 1st forgetting about defense all together and 2nd just not fair to say YET.
    nah, I have said numerous times that Love will never be KG on that side of the ball, but he doesn't have to be. I mean, he shut down a prime T-Mac for christs sake. What 7 footer can stick with him?

Point is, on the other side, Love>>KG. At age 23, which one do you like better? Love still needs to do 2 things imo. Make others better, and continue working on his defense. He will never be a shutdown defender, but if he is just a plus defender, and starts setting up teammates, he enters top 3-4 player in the NBA category.

vCash
    furthermore, I don't care what KG did in Boston. Screw them

vCash
    nah, I have said numerous times that Love will never be KG on that side of the ball, but he doesn't have to be. I mean, he shut down a prime T-Mac for christs sake. What 7 footer can stick with him?

Point is, on the other side, Love>>KG. At age 23, which one do you like better? Love still needs to do 2 things imo. Make others better, and continue working on his defense. He will never be a shutdown defender, but if he is just a plus defender, and starts setting up teammates, he enters top 3-4 player in the NBA category.
    I agree Love is better on offense but the gap is a thousand times smaller than the gap between the 2 on defense .I'm just sayin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillzhere View Post
    I agree Love is better on offense but the gap is a thousand times smaller than the gap between the 2 on defense .I'm just sayin.
    23 year old comparison? Or are you thinking prime KG versus current Love?

vCash
    23 year old comparison? Or are you thinking prime KG versus current Love?
    I think prime to 23, comparing he is.

Do or do not, there is no try.

vCash
    Garnett's offensive game was nowhere near Love's at 23.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...veke01&y2=2012

Love is far superior in everything offense outside assist percentage, something KG was always good at. Defensively, KG was not the KG of his prime, but he was already damn good on that end.

Page 6 of 238 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast