Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 233 of 238 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3557
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimKid View Post
    Damn, that's a bummer. Didn't DC get the start when Love was out against Dallas?
    Yeah I'd expect the same against NY but from Adelman's interviews lately he's liking Williams play a lot more than he did at the beginning of the season.

Also Kahn made it official now, Lee most likely done for the year:
    @BloodStrib
    Love injury occurred at the end of the Oklahoma City game. Should be ok in a few days. Kahn said Lee probably done for the year.
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    wait, Love is injured again? what bad luck this season...but why can't he play through an eye injury? training staff mus be being extra cautious with players now that everyone is injured.

vCash

Nemanja Bjelica and Webster Compensation

The Wolves and Portland Trail Blazers had attorneys working diligently on the Martell Webster compensation claim case for months. Well, a source says we have closure. The Wolves were hoping for financial and/or draft pick reimbursement after they contend that that they got Webster (back injury) as damaged goods in June 2010. What the Wolves got is unknown for now.
    1500ESPN.com

There's a good chance European forward Nemanja Bjelica is with the Wolves next year, so here's a scouting report from an executive who saw him recently: "Great wing scorer who uses length to score over defenders. Great touch from deep three and has a nice one-two dribble drive with a step back game. Offensively, he's solid and will score in the NBA. Defensively, he will struggle guarding quick 3s and 4s and he has to learn to play angles. He will struggle in this department though he can be coached up. But one can't correct slow feet. He's a great kid with talent."
    1500ESPN.com
    Last edited by topdog; 12-22-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Title

vCash
    Good write up on Bjelica....but the defense thing, I never really trust a defensive analysis for European players. Ricky Rubio was supposed to be a bad defender in the NBA, and has been a terrific defender. Shved was supposed to be horrible, and is adequate.

vCash
    Bad news on Lee, doubt he ever returns to our team... This was his perfect opportunity for him, to get some playing time and a chance for development..

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Bad news on Lee, doubt he ever returns to our team... This was his perfect opportunity for him, to get some playing time and a chance for development..
    Lee has guaranteed money next year so it's been said he might stick around.

But news on Lazar Heyward's workout:
    Wolfson:
    told Lazar Hayward looked good in the workout. #twolves
    I honestly wasn't a fan of Hayward when he was on our team before but he was young, and now he's played on a great team like the Thunder so maybe he learned a couple things. Still not expecting much at all. Kahn did say he still might bring in a player next week.
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Good write up on Bjelica....but the defense thing, I never really trust a defensive analysis for European players. Ricky Rubio was supposed to be a bad defender in the NBA, and has been a terrific defender. Shved was supposed to be horrible, and is adequate.
    The nice thing about the Euros we have picked up is that they are long so that helps to compensate somewhat for a lack of athleticism. Overall, I will be skeptical until we actually see him, but it's good to hear he is doing well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I didn't say keep Williams. Especially for Reddick trade him yesterday. I said keep Pekovic and Buddinger.
    sorry, didn't read it right I guess...

Besides, I think you and I were talking about trading Williams for Reddick long ago

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Love is hurt again? My god, can that dude ever stay healthy?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    On injuries - its like a sad joke that has run its course. I get when Roy and Ak might miss time, but Love and Chase and young guys? Its absurd. And the people we can bring in to replace them is a wasteland of garbage.

On JJ - I am officially bored with the conversation. I think it would be a good idea to have a JJ only thread, and have everything else be a JJ free zone. Its like he's our version of Tebow -the guy that gets far more attention than he deserves because some fans worship at the altar of Loompa. I am no longer going to feed the beast.

vCash
    He played too much minutes last year, and then played Olympics over the summer.

I feel like it's a long term thing. His body probably just needs that summer vacation.

Wolves United

vCash
    Douglas-Roberts signed with the Mavs

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    The nice thing about the Euros we have picked up is that they are long so that helps to compensate somewhat for a lack of athleticism. Overall, I will be skeptical until we actually see him, but it's good to hear he is doing well.
    Yup, I was going to mention something about the length of the Europeans we have drafted as well. Rubio and Shved's length help them disrupt passing lanes. I am expecting, or hoping that will be the same for Bjelica.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I mentioned something similar in another post recently. It's a case of knowing how to use their bodies. Rubio, Shved and AK use excellently their length and look at how Pek uses his massive body. He knows not only how to box out but he runs the floor quite well as well.

United we Run

vCash
    Here is his team's stats page. He's leading his team in rebounds and this PIR(some efficiency rating). Also close to leading them in points.

Doubt he will surprise us with defense like Rubio/Shved..

Wolves United