Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 189 of 238 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3557
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    with all these players from Rubio's draft inking new deals right now, do you guys think that we got a little lucky with the delay in Rubio coming over? Guys like Derozan and Curry just signed deals paying them about 10-11 mill per year...Brandon Jennings will get a big deal...yet, we have a player better than all those guys, and many more from that draft, who is still being paid on his rookie scale. Instead of paying Rubio something like 12 million per year next year, we will be paying him $4 million...which will make it a hell of a lot easier to sign Pekovic.
    I just saw the ESPN headline "Derozan gets $40M" and I thought first: "that better be over 5 years" and then: "I'm kind of glad we didn't draft him..."

Seriously, these contracts are crazy with guys expecting $10-$15M for being good players (but not even fringe all-stars).

vCash
    With all these ridiculous contracts being signed, I'm starting to like David Kahn.

Wolves United

vCash
    with all these players from Rubio's draft inking new deals right now, do you guys think that we got a little lucky with the delay in Rubio coming over? Guys like Derozan and Curry just signed deals paying them about 10-11 mill per year...Brandon Jennings will get a big deal...yet, we have a player better than all those guys, and many more from that draft, who is still being paid on his rookie scale. Instead of paying Rubio something like 12 million per year next year, we will be paying him $4 million...which will make it a hell of a lot easier to sign Pekovic.
    I guess we got lucky that we didn't have to pay right now? I mean idk what you're really trying to get at because we are eventually going to have to extend Rubio and that contract is going to be larger than some of the other deals we've seen in the last day or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    I guess we got lucky that we didn't have to pay right now? I mean idk what you're really trying to get at because we are eventually going to have to extend Rubio and that contract is going to be larger than some of the other deals we've seen in the last day or so.
    How do you not know what I am getting at? We have Rubio right now on the cheap, which will make it easier to sign Pekovic. Had Rubio come right after he got drafted, we are paying him over 10 mill a year next season. Of course we will have to pay him eventually, but that time comes in 3 years now, not 1...if you do the math, that is 2 extra years of financial flexibility for Taylor and Kahn.

vCash
    How do you not know what I am getting at? We have Rubio right now on the cheap, which will make it easier to sign Pekovic. Had Rubio come right after he got drafted, we are paying him over 10 mill a year next season. Of course we will have to pay him eventually, but that time comes in 3 years now, not 1...if you do the math, that is 2 extra years of financial flexibility for Taylor and Kahn.
    Yeah good point. I didn't really think about that.

vCash
    watching the OKC vs SAS game, Harlan threw out an interesting stat, which was that Kevin Martin and Dwight Howard are the only players in the league to average 18 points or more per game throughout their career, while only shooting 13 shots or less per game...

which made me think "Kevin Love has to be on that list too..." so I looked it up, and Love misses that list, because he is a career 17.3 point per game guy...lame.

vCash
    watching the OKC vs SAS game, Harlan threw out an interesting stat, which was that Kevin Martin and Dwight Howard are the only players in the league to average 18 points or more per game throughout their career, while only shooting 13 shots or less per game...

which made me think "Kevin Love has to be on that list too..." so I looked it up, and Love misses that list, because he is a career 17.3 point per game guy...lame.
    Love is garbo thats why

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Love is garbo thats why
    He is white and not a number one option on a good team. He cant even do push ups with out getting injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    He is white and not a number one option on a good team. He cant even do push ups with out getting injured.
    and barely has a 5" vert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Exactly we should release his scrub arse

vCash
    ESPN listed their top 50 rookie list...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings

Shved debuts at #34.

and im not an insider, so if anyone is, can they post the analysis of Shved?
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 11-01-2012 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    ESPN listed their top 50 rookie list...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings

Shved debuts at #34.

and im not an insider, so if anyone is, can they post the analysis of Shved?
    What does it take to become an insider? A subscription?? If so, I'll pass.

If they reference him being white......

vCash
    Isn't it like 2 bucks a month do be an insider?

vCash
    no comments on Shved's rookie report.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Alexey Shved Hollinger StatsStats

Scouting report
    + Long combo guard who has developed an accurate long-range shot.
    + Fluid offensive player who can create off the dribble and find the open man.
    + Needs to add strength and improve defense. Good rebounder for size.

Analysis
    Picture a right-handed Goran Dragic with Ricky Rubio's hair, and you have some idea of Shved. His translated Euroleague stats from last season are very encouraging -- 14.7 points, 5.7 boards and 7.2 assists per 40 minutes, with a PER of 13.15, and he shot a sizzling 33-of-67 on 3s. He backed that up with strong play in the Olympics for Russia and should add some size to what was a tiny Minnesota backcourt last season.

Shved's translated numbers from the year before are poor but came in a very limited sample of minutes (86). Besides, the big question with him won't be production; it will be defense. If he shows he can be more than a speed bump on that end, he'll play, and he's still young enough to get better.
    Not to bad for Hollinger.