Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 186 of 238 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3557
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    the trades that year in that draft were so ridiculous, its hard to keep up with...What did we receive from Orlando for Mirotic? what did we receive for Chandler Parsons?
    First, Houston received: Flynn, draft rights to Montiejunas (20th pick) [a guy mentioned for the lottery for a few year], and 2012 second rounder

Minnesota received: Brad Miller, Nikola Mirotic (23rd), Chandler Parsons (38th) and Memphis' top 14 protected 2013 pick.

We gave Parsons back to the Rockets for cash. That's a shame too because he was a good pick coming out of Florida.

Mirotic we traded to Chicago for the pick that became Norris Cole (28th) and the pick that became Malcolm Lee (43rd) who Kahn was supposedly high on going into the draft and cash.

We then traded Cole to the Heat for Bojan Bogdanovic (31st), a 2014 second rounder and cash.

Then, Bogdanovic was traded to the Nets for a 2013 second rounder and cash.

The bold is what we kept at the end of the night.
    Last edited by topdog; 10-23-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Combine previous post for full details

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Flynn was a stud in college and a bunch of teams were going to get that pick wrong if we didn't take him so yeah it turned out to not work but harder decision at the time.

Even though I don't agree with it since we took Rubio so it made no sense but if we went in another direction I still could have seen us drafting flynn
    A second point guard wasn't necessarily a bad decision as the other positions were severely limited. Better choices at the time were college vets Darren Collison and Ty Lawson. Steph Curry also would have been a decent option considering his excellent shooting would have been a change up from Rubio's poor shooting.

Flynn came out of left field for me. Kahn got up in the hype of one game.

vCash
    Looking back at that draft class it was pretty awful.. But we could have still went in another direction.. Like you said Curry would have probably made the most sense but even Derozan as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    We gave Parsons back to the Rockets for cash. That's a shame too because he was a good pick coming out of Florida.

Mirotic we traded to Chicago for the pick that became Norris Cole (28th) and the pick that became Malcolm Lee (43rd) who Kahn was supposedly high on going into the draft and cash.

We then traded Cole to the Heat for Bojan Bogdanovic (31st), a 2014 second rounder and cash.

Then, Bogdanovic was traded to the Nets for a 2013 second rounder and cash.

The bold is what we kept at the end of the night (plus the other parts from original Rocket's deal).
    We got rid of Rambis (using that cash). So that was good.
    Do we have to go again to that draft?

United we Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    It looks that way...

vCash
    I was fooled by Flynn, big time - and he wasn't bad his rookie year.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Oh, for sure that was good. Purple just brought up the Jonny Flynn trade so we were sorting through it again because Kahn did some serious wheeling and dealing.

To be fair, Kahn didn't just get cash though. He got a few picks as well coming next draft and in 2015 I believe.

vCash
    That draft was funny as hell. Taking a pick and "selling it" for a lower pick. Then taking that lower pick and "selling" it for an even lower pick. Repeat. Our mid first rounder turned into millions upon millions of dollars. That's pretty funny. It almost makes a mock of the draft and drafting process.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    I heard a rumor that the new CBA will have a provision in there where a GM can't just have a fire sale like Kahn did. Haven't looked at it in enough detail to see if that is in there however. Furthermore, not sure how you can prevent it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I heard a rumor that the new CBA will have a provision in there where a GM can't just have a fire sale like Kahn did. Haven't looked at it in enough detail to see if that is in there however. Furthermore, not sure how you can prevent it.
    Are you serious? There could be a "Kahn Rule?" Awesome!

I don't see the point though if people are willing to buy because there are already limits on the amount of cash you can get from a team.

vCash
    Im sick of talking about that draft
    But in Kahns defense, it was not only him that fell in love with flynn off ONE GAME!!

And while it would have been nice to keep mirotic or even motiejunas for that matter, i think we did the right thing. Rambis needed to go and the cash allowed us to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Are you serious? There could be a "Kahn Rule?" Awesome!

I don't see the point though if people are willing to buy because there are already limits on the amount of cash you can get from a team.
    for sure. And how do you prevent it? A GM could simply say, "we didn't like anyone available to us, figured we would turn it into future picks and cash".

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    What are peoples thoughts on Stiemsma? I dont hate him...hes just...so...meh. Not really talented at all, and doesnt do anything on the court to make me like him, or hate him.

vCash
    What are peoples thoughts on Stiemsma? I dont hate him...hes just...so...meh. Not really talented at all, and doesnt do anything on the court to make me like him, or hate him.
    I think it depends on the opposition's bigs. Strength wise not a lot of players can go against Pek. But there will be situations that we are going to need both Stiemsma and Amundson.

United we Run

vCash
    I would rather have him over Darko as our bench C.