Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 185 of 238 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3557
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Well, we'll see if our depth at PF is worth a damn. What is the new lineup going to be?

PG: Ridnour/JJ/Conroy
    SG: Roy/Shved/Lee
    SF: Buddinger/Williams
    PF: Kirilenko/Cunningham
    C: Pek/Steamer/Amundson

By the way, that's only 13 and with Rubio and Love 15, am I missing someone? So the whole Conroy vs Lee thing is nonsense since we have room for both.
    That's what I was saying before. The decision I talked about is that if you keep Conroy, two things happen: 1. You don't have room for anyone else like say a scoring PF you could pick up... 2. You have 13 active players so 2 are going to have to be inactive - Rubio was going to be one, so the question was do you send Lee to the NBDL or do you find minutes for him to develop (meaning Conroy would have to be inactive)?

vCash
    Does Love going down mean we get rid of Conroy, and sign another big? I have my doubts, they probably try and see what they have in Williams/AK/Pek starting and then maybe trade a guard midseason, but its food for thought.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    We have enough bigs, imo..

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    We have enough bigs, imo..
    Do we have enough "post scorers" though? Steamer, Cunningham and Amundson are very limited offensively and Williams is undersized.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Do we have enough "post scorers" though? Steamer, Cunningham and Amundson are very limited offensively and Williams is undersized.
    Well it's not ideal, but it's close enough in my books.

Ask yourself if the Lakers have enough options off the bench, or does Miami have any legitimate centers?

Wolves United

vCash
    Well it's not ideal, but it's close enough in my books.

Ask yourself if the Lakers have enough options off the bench, or does Miami have any legitimate centers?
    Miami and LA have stars that mask their deficiencies...right now, we do not. Without Love or Rubio, those deficiencies are going to stick out like a sore thumb...just like Miami's deficiencies would stick out if Lebron and Bosh went down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Miami and LA have stars that mask their deficiencies...right now, we do not. Without Love or Rubio, those deficiencies are going to stick out like a sore thumb...just like Miami's deficiencies would stick out if Lebron and Bosh went down.
    They are also aiming for the championship, while we're looking to stay alive until our main players recover.

What I'm trying to say, I believe we have reasonable depth at 4/5.

Wolves United

vCash
    They are also aiming for the championship, while we're looking to stay alive until our main players recover.

To come off the bench in relief of Love? Absolutely we are deep...to spot start for a game of 3 if Love is injured, sure, we have enough depth to do that...to fill in for a superstar for 17-28 games...no, we do not have enough depth for that...AK does not like playing the PF position, and likely would not have played it at all this season if Love didnt have this injury, Derrick Williams doesnt have an NBA position...that leaves us with Amundson and Cunningham...a guy with no offensive skills, and another undersized PF.

Great off the bench, terrible to rely on for the long absence of Love.

vCash

We have good depth, but we've known all along that injuries could be an issue. So, while I like the bigs we have, we have to consider what would happen if someone like Roy went down. We're not necessarily going to be able to find as capable of a scorer at SG and so you look at other positions and ask where you can best replace his and Love's scoring and that might just be a 4.

I'm just saying too that Conroy isn't likely to score too many points, Lee isn't going to, Shved isn't going to, AK isn't going to, Amundson isn't going to, DC is unlikely to, and I don't think we want Barea to.

vCash
    I understand what you guys are talking about, Carl Landry would be perfect for that role, but we didn't have enough resources. For the minimum we had, I would still take limited offensive player Amundson over someone like Blatche.

If you look at last year Philadelphia, their main scorer was Lou Williams averaging like 14 ppg, and they were still a good team.

Wolves United

vCash
    I understand what you guys are talking about, Carl Landry would be perfect for that role, but we didn't have enough resources. For the minimum we had, I would still take limited offensive player Amundson over someone like Blatche.

If you look at last year Philadelphia, their main scorer was Lou Williams averaging like 14 ppg, and they were still a good team.
    in the east. With the best wing defender in the game.

Look, now may be the time to look at flipping a guard for Varajeo or something to that degree, but I am sure we will stand pat, and see if our somewhat soft schedule can allow us to be 10-9 ish by the time Love returns, Ricky 2 weeks later.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Jonny Flynn got released by the Pistons today...not sure how he was ever considered a lottery type talent...and I have no idea how Kahn still managed to salvage a 1st round pick from Houston for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Jonny Flynn got released by the Pistons today...not sure how he was ever considered a lottery type talent...and I have no idea how Kahn still managed to salvage a 1st round pick from Houston for him.
    Debatable. Considering the pieces involved, it's more likely that we got the pick for Montiejunas.

Houston received: Flynn, draft rights to Montiejunas (20th pick) [a guy mentioned for the lottery for a few year], and 2012 second rounder

Minnesota received: Brad Miller, Nikola Mirotic (23rd), Chandler Parsons (38th) [which turned into cash] and a "future 1st rounder"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Debatable. Considering the pieces involved, it's more likely that we got the pick for Montiejunas.

Houston received: Flynn, draft rights to Montiejunas (20th pick) [a guy mentioned for the lottery for a few year], and 2012 second rounder

Minnesota received: Brad Miller, Nikola Mirotic (23rd), Chandler Parsons (38th) [which turned into cash] and a "future 1st rounder"
    the trades that year in that draft were so ridiculous, its hard to keep up with...What did we receive from Orlando for Mirotic? what did we receive for Chandler Parsons?

vCash
    Flynn was a stud in college and a bunch of teams were going to get that pick wrong if we didn't take him so yeah it turned out to not work but harder decision at the time.

Even though I don't agree with it since we took Rubio so it made no sense but if we went in another direction I still could have seen us drafting flynn