Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 177 of 238 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3557
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    You know what I absolutely hate? Portland misses the playoffs for a year and likely get the 2nd best player in the draft in Lliard. They are going to be awesome next year if not later this year.
    I don't know about them getting the second best player. He's probably one of the players most prepared to contribute, but guys like Beal and Barnes have the tools to be better imo.

Plus, let's not forget how unfortunate they have been in recent years losing both Oden and Roy to injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I don't know about them getting the second best player. He's probably one of the players most prepared to contribute, but guys like Beal and Barnes have the tools to be better imo.

Plus, let's not forget how unfortunate they have been in recent years losing both Oden and Roy to injury.
    That's the point, the manage to loose to superstar caliber players due to injury and still only miss the playoffs for one season, maybe two counting this one.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    By the way: Rondey Carney sighting on the Miami roster. I think he scored 12 pts today.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    AK only had 3 points but he still filled up the boxscore as usual: 3PT, 6 REB (3-3), 2 AST, 3 STL, 1BLK

Buddinger and Williams are going to be key imo. We can't count on Roy making the whole year, but Bud can play the 2 if Williams can handle the backup 3 and Shved should be able to do enough to be a credible backup 2.
    That has always been Kirilenko's deal. A 8-8-5-4-3 boxscore.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    That's the point, the manage to loose to superstar caliber players due to injury and still only miss the playoffs for one season, maybe two counting this one.
    Well, simply put, Portland's front office has been, and is, top notch when finding talent. Far better than ours. If not for injuries, they would be with OKC and the Lakers easily. THAT BEING SAID, their medical staff is obviously lacking big time. They took a risk drafting Oden, who had injury concerns, and taking Roy in that trade, when many teams stayed away from him due to his knees. I also read an article earlier this summer about how their training staff is not very good when trying to nurse players back from injury. A Phoenix for instance, has a staff that makes sure and watches recovery, and also understands which body parts will be trying to over-exert themselves to make up for the injury to the initial bodypart. Many think Rose's injuries last year stemmed from this type of neglect as well.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 10-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think the playoffs are debatable for Portland in the near future. While teams like Dallas and San Antonio may fall off, Portland would still be competing with Minnesota, Golden State, Utah and some other upcoming teams.

They project to have a nice starting 5 in: Lillard/Mathews/Batum/LMA/Hickson but don'y have much behind that and also have a brand new coach who is not anyone special. I think they have some growing pains ahead.

vCash
    I have been waiting for San Antonio to fall off the radar for so long...It just simply doesnt happen with them. People like to point at OKC as the model for small market teams to succeed, but San Antonio (though not really a small market), has done an incredible job at building the right way...They dont rely on free agency to build...they have done it through the draft, and have been a great team for more than a decade straight now.

vCash
    spurs also have a incredible coach. I think that's the reason their franchise has had so much success developing talent and being a contender every year. we have adelman but he's not gona be around forever, hopefully the next guy is just as good if not better.

vCash
    /
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 10-12-2012 at 06:37 AM.

vCash
    At 2649 posts this thread is getting huge. It will be interesting how Shved/Buddinger and Williams do when asked to step into the starting lineup - I fully expect Roy/AK to miss games this year.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash
    very big indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I have been waiting for San Antonio to fall off the radar for so long...It just simply doesnt happen with them. People like to point at OKC as the model for small market teams to succeed, but San Antonio (though not really a small market), has done an incredible job at building the right way...They dont rely on free agency to build...they have done it through the draft, and have been a great team for more than a decade straight now.
    Well, letting the Admiral sit while healthy for the remaining 35 games that year landed them the #1 pick, which is complete bull **** to me. They also were able to draft Ginoboli, a well known player, at a time when taking Euro's who aren't coming that year was beyond rare. Many teams knew Manu was a good player, but nobody wanted to wait. That being said, yes, they are the model. And where exactly do you think OKC's GM came from? You guessed it, from the Spurs organization.

The Spurs will fall off a bit in a couple of years. Manu and Tim are getting old. Parker is awesome, Leonard looks like yet another steal, and even Splitter will be a good NBA player. But their contender days are over, despite them probably winning 55 games again this season.

vCash
    I will seriously never get over the tank job the Spurs did to land Duncan. Never.

vCash
    Why do we play the Pacers again or did I just read that wrong or something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Good point as usual.
    My wife wanted to post something.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter