Page 155 of 238 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3557
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    haha, anyone see this picture Love took with "Robin and Brook Lopez?"

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UGSm21E8WS0
    Those kind of look like some hipster cavemen, but that's awesome

vCash
    Here they are out to eat.... not nearly as funny as kloves.
    http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/...restaurant.jpg

vCash
    Bayno on second-year forward Derrick Williams, who is expected to open camp almost exclusively at the 3: "He still has a lot to prove and I tell him that. He's got a lot of baby fat. He needs to stay focused on his diet and being lean, keeping the weight down. ... It will take time with him. He's such a good kid, he really is. He's a sweetheart. But he can't be that kid on the court. He needs to be a junkyard dog. We'll be patient with him."

Not really a ringing endorsement...

vCash
    All sorts of training camp updates from Wolfson...I will highlight some

-If the Wolves didnt sign Amundson, plan B was Yi, plan C was Sean Williams

-Amundson had the same contract offer from the Knicks

-Still a chance the Wolves bring in Whiteside with a non-guarenteed contract (awesome), they have been making calls to check around on his background (what about his background?!)

-Pekovic is noticeably thinner (duh), the coaches convinced him to get in the best shape of his life, as he will be playing more games and minutes than he ever has.

vCash
    Bayno on second-year forward Derrick Williams, who is expected to open camp almost exclusively at the 3: "He still has a lot to prove and I tell him that. He's got a lot of baby fat. He needs to stay focused on his diet and being lean, keeping the weight down. ... It will take time with him. He's such a good kid, he really is. He's a sweetheart. But he can't be that kid on the court. He needs to be a junkyard dog. We'll be patient with him."

Welcome to the end of the bench to start the season Derrick.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

Ugh....

vCash
    2k player ratings for wolves have been released:

89 - Kevin Love
    80 - Brandon Roy
    79 - Ricky Rubio
    76 - Nikola Pekovic
    74 - Andre Kirilenko
    72 - Luke Ridnour
    70 - Chase Budinger
    69 - Derrick Williams
    68 - JJ Barea
    65 - Malcolm Lee
    60 - Greg Stiemsma
    59 - Dante Cunningham

for whatever reason no schved or amundson (or conroy).

video games aside, where do you guys rank our players after this offseason?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    2k player ratings for wolves have been released:

89 - Kevin Love
    80 - Brandon Roy
    79 - Ricky Rubio
    76 - Nikola Pekovic
    74 - Andre Kirilenko
    72 - Luke Ridnour
    70 - Chase Budinger
    69 - Derrick Williams
    68 - JJ Barea
    65 - Malcolm Lee
    60 - Greg Stiemsma
    59 - Dante Cunningham

for whatever reason no schved or amundson (or conroy).

video games aside, where do you guys rank our players after this offseason?
    Too low: Ricky, Pek, Chase and maybe AK. Too high: ML, JJ, Luke Missing: Shved?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    derrick williams 69.. Hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Sorry man, I don't see it. Bad comparisons all around.
    Yeh.. Probably not that comparable as it seems to me.. I loved that team though, I was about 11, used to watch the games with my father. We rooted for our stars Divac/Stojakovic. Their generation won world championsip or olypmics(can't recall it) for Yugoslavia.

I also remember Minnesota from those times. Didn't know much about players or game overall, but I knew Garnett's team was tough as hell.

vCash
    regarding the 2K ratings, its just a video game, but it still shows the NYK bias...Carmelo Anthony a 92 when Love is an 89....Iman Shumpert an 80, when Rubio is a 79.

Something cool about 2K though, is that it is more about the skill set. I imagine Rubio is only a 79 due to his shooting, and athleticism ratings. Meaning, if you use him right, he will still have high assist numbers, and steals...but will only shoot around 40% from the field.

vCash
    regarding the 2K ratings, its just a video game, but it still shows the NYK bias...Carmelo Anthony a 92 when Love is an 89....Iman Shumpert an 80, when Rubio is a 79.

Something cool about 2K though, is that it is more about the skill set. I imagine Rubio is only a 79 due to his shooting, and athleticism ratings. Meaning, if you use him right, he will still have high assist numbers, and steals...but will only shoot around 40% from the field.
    They also update their stats so if Roy/AK play out of their minds, their ratings will increase. Rubio should be higher regardless, but you are right his shooting % kills him. As far as athleticism goes, he is average and that's not bad.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash

this is hilarious to me honestly. In what universe would any GM or coach take Melo over Love..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

Ya, if used right last year with Rubio you could run the offense very easily with him. This year they also added signature skills for players which I think is pretty awesome. Rubio will probably get the pickpocket, Dimer, and maybe even floor general. Dimer means when he passes to an open player their fg% goes up if you shoot right away. Floor general would make everyone on your teams offensive abilities increase when hes on the floor.

Heres a list of the 31 signature skills players can have (scroll down a little): http://2ksports.tumblr.com/

vCash
    video games have come a long way since Double Dribble...