Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 138 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3557
  1. #2056
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    U of M - MPLS
    Posts
    683
    vCash
    1500
    Average to slighty above average seems about right - gambles like Roy & Shved are high ceiling so it depends if they pan out. Budinger and AK should be safe solid pick ups.

    C+/B- as of now, perhaps A+ later

  2. #2057
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am not as high on the upgrades as some here, but at the very least, our wing/bench situation went from terrible to average. That alone should warrant a B-.
    That's what I'm saying! At the end of the day, I don't think any of us cares that much, but Kahn addressed areas of need in a cap-conscious way (2 years from now we can re-boot if it doesn't work). Every player we brought in is better on paper than the guy that left. That's better than the "average" a "C" represents.

    Let's not forget that AK has looked really good the past year in EuroLeague and the Olympics.

  3. #2058
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    1500
    So has Patty Mills Topdog...take that for what its worth. I'm excited to see how AK comes back as much as anybody, but I have predetermined that my expectations for him will be about 10 ppg 6 rpg and decent defense for about 65 games. Anything more would be an added cherry on top.

    I could care less about offseason grades, its really just further indication typically of the motherships love for the "trending" teams and the big markets.

    Anybody else notice how Ford said overpaying Batum was the right move, and in the very next sentence took a stab at Kahn for overpaying...little bit of a lose lose I'd say.

  4. #2059
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsohnasty View Post
    So has Patty Mills Topdog...take that for what its worth. I'm excited to see how AK comes back as much as anybody, but I have predetermined that my expectations for him will be about 10 ppg 6 rpg and decent defense for about 65 games. Anything more would be an added cherry on top.

    I could care less about offseason grades, its really just further indication typically of the motherships love for the "trending" teams and the big markets.

    Anybody else notice how Ford said overpaying Batum was the right move, and in the very next sentence took a stab at Kahn for overpaying...little bit of a lose lose I'd say.
    To be fair, Kirilenko dominated the Euroleague and played defense like the AK-47 from 5 years ago. Mills got hot scoring wise for 5 games in the Olympics. Kirilenko is a proven NBA player.

    Yeah dude, I love how he says overpaying Batum was the right move, and immediately says Kahn overpaid for some vets. MMkay

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #2060
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    vCash
    1500
    Rockets waive C Josh Harrellson.
    Harrellson was traded to the Rockets as part of the deal that sent Marcus Camby to the Knicks back in July. The Rockets needed to make a cut after they signed Carlos Delfino and Harrellson was the unfortunate casualty. He's a three-point shooting big man that may draw interest on the free agent market from a team looking for that skill set.
    Source: Jonathan Feigen on Twitter
    Big white guy, cheap, space eater and can shoot a bit. Sounds like our man

  6. #2061
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    To be fair, Kirilenko dominated the Euroleague and played defense like the AK-47 from 5 years ago. Mills got hot scoring wise for 5 games in the Olympics. Kirilenko is a proven NBA player.

    Yeah dude, I love how he says overpaying Batum was the right move, and immediately says Kahn overpaid for some vets. MMkay
    Mills was the one NBA player on the Boomers. He's a nice player that surprise surprise has found his way to the Spurs (who know talent and how to use it). The Russians are the bronze medalists. There is a bit of difference in the level of play between the two teams and their players. My point is that AK doesn't seem all that off from the player he was just 2 years ago in the NBA. Shved is a bit more questionable, but his passing should have been mentioned.

    He not only said that overpaying Batum was the right move, but that we didn't overpay enough. He also neglects to mention that they are only 2 year deals that aim at making us better now and giving the opportunity to re-boot if all does not go well.

  7. #2062
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Mills was the one NBA player on the Boomers. He's a nice player that surprise surprise has found his way to the Spurs (who know talent and how to use it). The Russians are the bronze medalists. There is a bit of difference in the level of play between the two teams and their players. My point is that AK doesn't seem all that off from the player he was just 2 years ago in the NBA. Shved is a bit more questionable, but his passing should have been mentioned.

    He not only said that overpaying Batum was the right move, but that we didn't overpay enough. He also neglects to mention that they are only 2 year deals that aim at making us better now and giving the opportunity to re-boot if all does not go well.
    Ford/Hollingers Future Team rankings came out today, and its mentioned that we will have space in 2014, but it dropped us for not signing Love to 5 years. I agree with that. But we are inching up everytime they release those things.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #2063
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    Big white guy, cheap, space eater and can shoot a bit. Sounds like our man
    I think Harrellson would be a nice player for our system. Definitely a change of pace center from Stiemsma.

  9. #2064
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    734
    vCash
    1500
    overpaying is kahn's specialty...

    his rating meant nothing after reading that rediculous statement.

    also, when the rumors first came out the FO was planning an offer for Batum, it set our offseason expectations at a high level, and outsiders/the media were always going to grade our offseason poorly if/when we didn't get our man.

    as for harrelson, i think i'd rather re-sign tolliver. he'll be better than last year assuming he's overcoming his injury.

  10. #2065
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    5,796
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think Ford is far off - we still haven't solved our SG issue, so unless we can pick up another servicable big and another back SG, C sounds about right - unless offcouse all works out for the better and Roy and Kirilenko play like studs.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  11. #2066
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    696
    vCash
    1500
    We only have so many roster spots to fill. We cant just keep adding back ups.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

  12. #2067
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    We only have so many roster spots to fill. We cant just keep adding back ups.
    ? We have 13 of 15 possible spots filled and basically are looking for backups at this point unless we can pull a "significant" move as Kahn had stated.

  13. #2068
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,728
    vCash
    2500
    some other free agents still left out there...

    SG/SF: Barbosa, Chris Douglas ROberts, Michael Redd, Terrence Williams, Matt Barnes, Josh Howard, Michael Pietrus, Carlos Delfino

    PF/C: Kenyon Martin, Louis Amundson, Anthony Tolliver, Andray Blatche, Yi Jianlian, Troy Murphy, Alabi, Kyrylo Fesenko, MehmO.

    A lot of names on this list I wouldnt mind taking...keep in mind, that if we added someone from this list, that player would likely be a 10 minute or less guy, with about 30 DNP's...we are not looking for a major contributor off this list, so for example, I would like Amundson...that does not mean that I think he would come in here, and be competing for a starting job, it means I think he would be effective in playing a role of less than 10 minutes per game.

    Terrence Williams also intrigues me, as does Barbosa. Barbosa is the lone player on the list, that I think could come in and be a 20 minute per game contributor.

  14. #2069
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    some other free agents still left out there...

    SG/SF: Barbosa, Chris Douglas ROberts, Michael Redd, Terrence Williams, Matt Barnes, Josh Howard, Michael Pietrus, Carlos Delfino

    PF/C: Kenyon Martin, Louis Amundson, Anthony Tolliver, Andray Blatche, Yi Jianlian, Troy Murphy, Alabi, Kyrylo Fesenko, MehmO.

    A lot of names on this list I wouldnt mind taking...keep in mind, that if we added someone from this list, that player would likely be a 10 minute or less guy, with about 30 DNP's...we are not looking for a major contributor off this list, so for example, I would like Amundson...that does not mean that I think he would come in here, and be competing for a starting job, it means I think he would be effective in playing a role of less than 10 minutes per game.

    Terrence Williams also intrigues me, as does Barbosa. Barbosa is the lone player on the list, that I think could come in and be a 20 minute per game contributor.
    Delfino signed with Houston.

    G- Don't see Rick wanting a chucher like Barbosa, Don't think CDR has game, Redd might be a fit for minimum, Howard kind of a knucklehead and Williams a definite knucklehead and not coming her after getting rid of ours. I do like Pietrus as he does seem to be what Rick likes defense, passing and good team player. Not sure what money he wants though.

    F/C - Martin and Blatch - knuckleheads -OUT. I could see Amundson, Toliver, Murphy, or Fasenko as a minimum type sign if we don't move on something else.

    Pietrus and Murphy to fill out the bench if we want vets would be fine if we don't do the "significant" thing.
    Last edited by specialiststeve; 08-16-2012 at 04:54 PM.

  15. #2070
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,297
    vCash
    1500
    If we aren't shipping Williams off, I think Barbosa would be a nice addition for cheap. He is fast, can hit jumpers, and is an average defender. Depth at the very least.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •