Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 238 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3557
    vCash
    If Shved continues to show how good of a PG he is in the olympics, maybe Kahn will be more inclined to trade Barea or Ridnour.

vCash
    Did a lot of us miss the quote where Kahn said that "the move won't happen until after the olympics, in case someone gets hurt in London"

Does this not imply that he is trying to get someone in the olympics? Iguodala came to mind right away for me, but Zgoda said it will not be him. So I am maybe thinking Gasol, who doesnt seem to fit well, unless the trade revolves around Pek...but I still don't like that trade much.

I am thinking if we make a move, it has to be for a SG...so, SG's of note in the olympics
    Ginobli - unlikely for us to get
    Harden - A slight possibility, as OKC needs to make a decision on him and Ibaka this year
    Barbosa - not too exciting of an idea to get, but still probably an unpgrade
    Fernandez - had the chance to get him a couple times before, and never did

Kahn's comments lead me to believe the player being targeted is in the olympics, and team needs leads me to believe it would be a SG...but there doesnt seem to be any likely targets.

vCash
    Or did he mean this would be the "all in" move and he doesn't want Love to get hurt after making such an important decision? Wait until everyone from our team comes back healthy then make that decision/move?

I would guess you are right, PJ, but there is another way this could be looked at...
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    that could definitely be Tony. We have 3 olympians, and two of them are starters on the Wolves (Love and AK), if either of those guys gets hurt, our best trade chip...Derrick Williams, would likely become the starter for either position, which could end any negotiations for any significant move.

vCash
    I guess we will see. I wouldnt' mind one more "all in" move before the season starts. Kind of fun to be on this side of the coin for a change.
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    I think I am fine with the roster right now, unless we could make a move for Iggy and put him at the 2 spot. He probably is more of a 3. But I don't think it's possible, money wise. I would swap JJ for Barbosa somehow.

vCash
    I also agree that we won't be making a move unless someone gets hurt in the Olympics.
    Of course there's another possibility. If Taylor is looking for a replacement he may want to attract investors by presenting as much of a strong team as possible. But that's just a scenario.

United we Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    Here's your answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well, the cap space is cleared now, so it won't be long I would guess.
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I also agree that we won't be making a move unless someone gets hurt in the Olympics.
    Of course there's another possibility. If Taylor is looking for a replacement he may want to attract investors by presenting as much of a strong team as possible. But that's just a scenario.
    I think you are missing Kahns quotes, which said he will attempt to make a significant move, after the olympics.

Tony and I were saying, if someone who plays for us in the olympics, i.e. Kirilenko or Love gets hurt, then we probably wont make a move, as Williams is our biggest trade piece, and will be forced to play significant minutes if one of those guys go down...which would be why Kahn would wait until after the olympics to make a move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I think you are missing Kahns quotes, which said he will attempt to make a significant move, after the olympics.

Tony and I were saying, if someone who plays for us in the olympics, i.e. Kirilenko or Love gets hurt, then we probably wont make a move, as Williams is our biggest trade piece, and will be forced to play significant minutes if one of those guys go down...which would be why Kahn would wait until after the olympics to make a move.
    Nah I didn't miss them. I just think they wont make a significant (as we regard it) move unless someone is hurt in the Olympics. Kahn may consider Cuningham a significant trade. I don't and that's the difference.
    I don't think Barea or Ridnour will leave until Rubio is back healthy. Sved might have been great against a team of Deng and basically anyone who could bounce an orange ball in UK but until he is tested in an NBA game it's too much of a risk to let go of one of your veteran PGs. Also if Williams leaves the only PF behind Love is Cuningham. AK can play there but we need him to start at SF.

United we Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Nah I didn't miss them. I just think they wont make a significant (as we regard it) move unless someone is hurt in the Olympics. Kahn may consider Cuningham a significant trade. I don't and that's the difference.
    I don't think Barea or Ridnour will leave until Rubio is back healthy. Sved might have been great against a team of Deng and basically anyone who could bounce an orange ball in UK but until he is tested in an NBA game it's too much of a risk to let go of one of your veteran PGs. Also if Williams leaves the only PF behind Love is Cuningham. AK can play there but we need him to start at SF.
    I get what you, and many others, are saying about not moving JJ. I think it might be true, but the more I think about it the more I think that it isn't that big of a deal to move JJ. The wolves clearly think enough of shved to give him a 3 year deal, and as a back up to Luke is he really that big of a risk? Defensively he simply can't be worse than JJ. Offensively, he may not give the spark that JJ can, but maybe he can make an entry pass and won't shoot as much. JJ had some nice games last year, but more games than not I thought he was selfish and out of control. Shved may turn out to be an upgrade, and if not, there aren't that many minutes where he would be exposed.

vCash
    My guess is that it would be more likely for teams to want Luke and Williams who can play multiple possitions and are cap friendly. As much as I would love Iggy I just don't see it - I hope I am wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    I get what you, and many others, are saying about not moving JJ. I think it might be true, but the more I think about it the more I think that it isn't that big of a deal to move JJ. The wolves clearly think enough of shved to give him a 3 year deal, and as a back up to Luke is he really that big of a risk? Defensively he simply can't be worse than JJ. Offensively, he may not give the spark that JJ can, but maybe he can make an entry pass and won't shoot as much. JJ had some nice games last year, but more games than not I thought he was selfish and out of control. Shved may turn out to be an upgrade, and if not, there aren't that many minutes where he would be exposed.
    JJ may not be great defensively but he gets a lot of charges. But yeah of course Sved may be an upgrade. But until we are sure, do you want to risk it the year we are set to make the play-offs for the first time after so many years? It's a rhetorical question. I get your point and you get mine.

United we Run

vCash
    I think we are getting Lebron.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Iggy is a terrible 2k player. we dont want that