Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 238 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3557
    vCash
    I agree with the assessment so far of Tyreke, but I will add this bit of fractured logic. Tyreke is flawed, sure. But Williams is flawed, too. More over, he probably just doesnt fit into our system, and I doubt Adelman, or the FO for that matter, wants to wait around and see if he "gets it" - Tyreke fills a need. If a fair swap could be made between these two players, I would be on board. It probably also mitigates how bad Kahn will get slammed for ading the number two pick so early, as it is young star potential for young star potential, with both being high draft picks.
    This is not ideal, but TBH, nothing this offseason has been. I would guess we would resign AT for that back up role, and our roster would be complete.
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

vCash
    A user on twitter asks Zgoda who the Wolves may be trageting in a Williams trade.

Zgoda responds: Shooting Guard I would think. Tyreke maybe...

Now, this should not be taken as a rumor that we are going after Tyreke, or that we are actively shopping DWill. Zgoda does this often, and there is nothing wrong with it, where users on twitter ask Jerry for his opinion, and he gives it. He does not lead anyone to believe that he has inside info on the situation. Someone however, did ask him, as soon as the Wes J rumor emerged, who would be left in free agency that the Wolves would need to accumulate more cap for, and his response, in very similar fashion to his Tyreke comment, was, Andrei Kirilenko for one...

It just sounds like he is guessing, or giving his opinion, but his opinion/guess counts more than ours, as he is much more in tune with what is going on in the front office, than any of us ever will be.

vCash
    Love Reke but I'd rather not give up williams for him at this point. You guys think his trade value is low enough to where we can offer luke/jj and a future first for him?

vCash
    Trading Evans at this point makes a lot of sense for the Kings with Salmons and Thorton tied up the next few years. PF is a need for them and it isn't for us. I guess it all depends on the progress Williams has shown so far in making the move to the 3, but I would definitely not put it past the Wolves to trade Williams for Evans straight up. The contracts are fairly similar, although Williams is under control for two more years than Evans.

vCash
    So, we give up a player who gets paid $25 million over the next 4 years, to sign a player long term for at least double that (because that is what it will cost to keep him, unless we are just giving Williams away)? Reke is fantastic at getting to the rim, but he is an isolation player, can't shoot a lick, and does not fit Adelman's offense in the slightest.

Essentially, we would put ourselves in a position of zero financial wiggle room for the next 3 years by making that trade.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchuckdoubles View Post
    Love Reke but I'd rather not give up williams for him at this point. You guys think his trade value is low enough to where we can offer luke/jj and a future first for him?
    That isn't going to happen. The Kings already have Thomas and they signed Brooks this offseason as well. Also with our recent additions any first-round pick we give away will have less value. If we want Evans we are going to have to trade Williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    So, we give up a player who gets paid $25 million over the next 4 years, to sign a player long term for at least double that (because that is what it will cost to keep him, unless we are just giving Williams away)? Reke is fantastic at getting to the rim, but he is an isolation player, can't shoot a lick, and does not fit Adelman's offense in the slightest.

Essentially, we would put ourselves in a position of zero financial wiggle room for the next 3 years by making that trade.
    I like Evans but i have to agree that he does not fit Adelman's system. On the financials I have to agree as well. As you said, we have Williams tied up for 2 more seasons, and about the time we are going to be paying Williams 6 mil Evans is going to be asking for twice that. Basically if the Wolves make that move they need to be damn sure Evans is going to be here for the long haul, because if Williams takes off that would be devastating for us. This would be a win now type of move, yet there is still a question mark as to how well Evans will fit in our system.

It's funny though how a decent player who fits your system can have just as much impact as a very good player who doesn't. Something to keep in mind.

vCash
    I also think that Evans can conform to Adelman's system, Hawkeye. The guy is still very young. Sure he can't shoot very well and that is something he will have to work on, but he has a very high basketball IQ and understands the game. We would be trading one project for another. The difference in the contracts, Evans' being 2 years 12 and Williams being 4 years 25 is a concern, but the difference is at least slightly made up by the fact Evans plays a position of need is more proven than Williams. Is it a risk I would take? I can't say at this point. But I think it is worthy of discussion, at least.

Perhaps if Evans is willing to extend his contract a couple seasons at 8 million per? I don't know how often something like that happens. Perhaps he would rather wait until his contract runs up to get a huge payday in free agency.
    Last edited by Wisdom Listens; 07-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    I also think that Evans can conform to Adelman's system, Hawkeye. The guy is still very young. Sure he can't shoot very well and that is something he will have to work on, but he has a very high basketball IQ and understands the game.
    It's tough to evaluate a King's player, they have been a mess since his rookie year. I disagree, I don't think he has much basketball IQ, I think he relies strictly on athletic ability and physical strength to play. I analyzed his shot coming out of college and said he will be a terrible shooter, he has so much wasted motion and no touch on it. He doesn't fit, because he isn't a cutter, can't spot up, and only creates off the dribble going to the rim. I think Sac hindered his development by forcing him to be a PG.

We would be trading one project for another. The difference in the contracts, Evans' being 2 years 12 and Williams being 4 years 25 is a concern, but the difference is at least slightly made up by the fact Evans plays a position of need is more proven than Williams.
    These types of decisions are why I continue to say Kahn is a rather poor GM. If we traded Williams for Reke, we would then need to re-sign him to a deal somewhere in the $7-9 million range, double what Williams would be getting paid. For all the patting on the back Kahn gets here about managing assets and understanding financial flexibility and value, this trade would go directly against it. We did the same thing on a small scale with Budinger. Instead of paying Royce Williams $5 million over the next 3 years, we will have to re-sign Budinger to a multi year deal for far more following this year.

Is it a risk I would take? I can't say at this point. But I think it is worthy of discussion, at least.
    Fair enough. At best, Reke projects as a 6th man who can fight for 6th man of the year potentially. But I don't think it would happen in this system, Adelman has brought in guys who use cuts and off ball movement, Reke simply doesn't fit that.

Perhaps if Evans is willing to extend his contract a couple seasons at 8 million per? I don't know how often something like that happens. Perhaps he would rather wait until his contract runs up to get a huge payday in free agency.
    Well, I don't think he would. It doesn't happen often, a young player like Reke will be entering his big pay years, he isn't settling for some short term deal, too much risk.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I know Tyreke Evans is a sexy name, but he is overrated, and still getting a positive reputation off his rookie season. I don't think he is a fit, and would be a big financial committment. Furthermore, a Rubio/Evans backcourt would be the worst shooting guard situation imagineable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I know Tyreke Evans is a sexy name, but he is overrated, and still getting a positive reputation off his rookie season. I don't think he is a fit, and would be a big financial committment. Furthermore, a Rubio/Evans backcourt would be the worst shooting guard situation imagineable.
    Besides the obvious financial implication a move like this would make, the thought of Rubio w/ Evans in the back-court makes me nervous.. Rubio needs somebody who hides his shooting deficiencies, and at this point, Tyreke is not that type of guy.. I do agree with you that Sacramento has been a disaster since he arrived there, making it hard to fully judges their players though..

It's all mere speculation at this point, but it does create some interesting hypothetical's.

vCash
    Martin, yes. Evans, seems like a desperation move.
    “Never argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

vCash
    dont like either move as ur gonna be thin at back up PF, id rather keep williams team friendly contract at least till the akroy experiment is over.

personally id move ridnour for a defensive minded 2guard in the case that roy goes down. i wouldnt give up on williams yet. dont even think id trade for iggy anymore because we would have a really bad shooting starting line up

the roster is fine imo, a playoff team if everyone stays healthy.

vCash
    No thanks to Tyreke. We would be exposed pair Rubio with a SG that can't shoot. However, if we can get good value in a trade, trading Williams would be a good move. Assuming we resign Tolliver, we have plenty of depth at B/U PF between AK-47, DC, and Tolliver.

vCash
    I hope the only move the Wolves do for the rest of this off-season is re-sign AT. We are a playoff team as is. Don't mess with it anymore.