Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 238 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The biggest advantage Melo has over Love is the distinct to win, and take control. Other then that, Love is a better player.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    with the Schved signing (however you spell his name), in order to get Batum and Roy signed, we need to move all of our expirings, amnesty Darko or trade him, and trade one of our midgets.
    is a shved signing official? or are you saying if?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    The biggest advantage Melo has over Love is the distinct to win, and take control. Other then that, Love is a better player.
    damn you eyes, after each thread i read through, you post in the thread that i just read so i have to go back in the thread and see only one more post.........

Back on topic, how about the thunder game last year, the clippers game, that is love having killer instinct.

vCash
    If you meant instinct to win, I couldn't disagree more. Watching Love in the 4th quarter last year was a revelation - no one has more desire to win than Love. Guys has balls the size of church bells.

vCash
    there are obviously tiers of elite, but there are superstars, and I think there are anywhere from 5-8 a year.

Tier 1: LeBron

Tier 2: Durant, Dwight, Paul

Tier 3: Kobe, Love, Wade, Westbrook, Rose

Tier 4: Dirk, Gasol, Rondo, Parker, and a handful of others.
    I would bump wade and kobe and up and switch Paul and Rose just for the draw and excitement fator.Now as far as superstars for me it's a short list with bron-Wade-Dwight-Kobe-KD-Rose(borderline).My definition might be different for kobe because he has almost reached a legend status within the game so it's hard for me not to call him a superstar.

To me a superstar is a player that is not only a baller but a player everyone wants to see.They also have to have won somewhat in the NBA b4 being mentioned as a superstar IMO.Now my 5 or 6 guys are probably the 5 or 6 that most fans would pay to see 1st(exluding griffin)and also have won extensively in the NBA.Maybe my standards are high but thats my opinion of what a super star is.
    Last edited by DW3421; 07-10-2012 at 11:08 PM.

vCash
    Besides Miami and Chicago, where he played last season, other teams looking at John Lucas III are Washington, Boston, Minnesota and Toronto. The Wizards, Celtics and Timberwolves all have offered more than the veteran minimum. Sulia
    If the Timberwolves actually did offer that, this must mean that we are still looking for a true pg even with the Shved signing. Hopefully this also means we plan on giving away JJ in the S/T for Batum ray:
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Melo over Love all day long.
    I wouldn't have expected anything less from you.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    please, Love shows up and has the killer instinct that most players don't have, and Melo is arguably the best closer, so I get what you are saying, but there are 45 other minutes in a game.

Instink to win? Why would you think Melo has more than Love? Love just threatened the front office to get him into the playoffs, and I think Love will go nova over his playoff career. He showed more killer instinct in his pinkie than KG did ever.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    damn you eyes, after each thread i read through, you post in the thread that i just read so i have to go back in the thread and see only one more post.........

Back on topic, how about the thunder game last year, the clippers game, that is love having killer instinct.
    Haha, that sucks!

Hawk, I did mean the drive to close and win the game. To me it just seems at times, Love plays a good game, but he just doesnt have that extra oomph when down by 7 with one minute left. I think once he gets into the playoffs, and gets a little taste of it, he will be that complete player. Otherwise, Loves game and talent is many times better then what Melo brings to the court.

vCash
    Are we talking about Carmello Anthony? Not sure what you are talking about? When he was with Syracuse? He is the ultamite black hole and if you confuse that with a closer..... BIG DIFFERENCE! Love over Carmello 10 days out of 10!! Better rebounder, better passer, better defender, better teammate. Carmello better scorer thats it.

vCash
    I wouldn't have expected anything less from you.
    I was kidding. I do like Melo though, probably more than most of the people here.

vCash
    Haha, that sucks!

Hawk, I did mean the drive to close and win the game. To me it just seems at times, Love plays a good game, but he just doesnt have that extra oomph when down by 7 with one minute left. I think once he gets into the playoffs, and gets a little taste of it, he will be that complete player. Otherwise, Loves game and talent is many times better then what Melo brings to the court.
    the Sixers game says otherwise, as does his 51 point effort against OKC, or his game winner against the Clips. He has more killer instinct in his left pinkie than KG did in his entire body.

vCash
    Melo is an A-type scorer, and he will always be agressive for himself on offense...but do not mistake that for a winning instinct.

vCash
    Are some people serious about Melo over Love? http://www.basketball-reference.com/...veke01&y2=2012

Thats a comparison of last year. Also note that love has played half as many seasons as carmelo and love has improved every year so far. So Love not quite in his prime vs Melo in his prime and those are the stats.

vCash
    Nowhere did I say Melo was better then Love at all.

Page 5 of 238 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast