Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 238 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SOTA_STUNT101 View Post
    people throw around the label of "superstar" player wwwaaayyy to much...lebron and durant are superstars not love sorry bro
    I disagree. I still want to see you provide evidence of any of your claims, instead of issuing blanket opinions and acting like they are a fact.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Durant was on 2 terrible teams, until he got another all NBA player, and the 6th man of the year, along with the runner up for DPOY, within 1 year.

That helps a bit.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    a true superstar NBA player would have his team at .500 every single season even playing with average players, love has been unble to do that
    people throw around the label of "superstar" player wwwaaayyy to much...lebron and durant are superstars not love sorry bro
    You obviously don't get the concept of knowing how a player is great. The T-Wolves were playing over .500 basketball but Ricky Rubio got injured and so did other players as well. You intent to label player who are flashy and althetic like LeBron James and Kevin Durant as superstar. Kevin Love is not flashy and hes not athletic and he may not be the most exciting player ever in the NBA to watch. But the thing he does on the court he gets his recongition from is by get double doubles, rebounding, and being a clutch player. Did you see that one game when the T-Wolves vs the Thunder and the T-Wolves push the Thunder to the limit. That game was like a playoffs game. It was one of highest scoring game last year 149-140. Kevin Love had 51 points and 17 rebounds. It was the first time ever a team had push the Thunder to have Westbrook and Durant score 40 points a piece just to win by 9 points.
    Last edited by Wolfman01; 07-10-2012 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    this question will determine anyone's knowledge of the NBA.

Who would you take for next season only, ignoring the $$.

Carmelo Anthony, or Kevin Love?

vCash
    Love without a question.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    I fee superstars are the players in the league you can build a team around. There arent too many of those type of players, but Love is one.

vCash
    To me, I feel "Super Star" is to loosely used now. I personally feel there are only a couple in the league at any given time, at most 2-4 each season, that I would call a "Super Star".
    I hate to say it, but Love hasnt reached that status yet.

Now if your looking for a star, I would say a star is probably top 50 in the league. In this, I would place Love in the top 10. Love is good, but he doesnt have the killer instinct yet. He isnt the leader of the team that he needs to be to reach the Super Star name. Once he learns how to be the team leader on, and off the floor, then he will be. To be fair, I would have never given KG the title of Super Star either.

vCash
    Love over Melo, all 8 days of the week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    To me, I feel "Super Star" is to loosely used now. I personally feel there are only a couple in the league at any given time, at most 2-4 each season, that I would call a "Super Star".
    I hate to say it, but Love hasnt reached that status yet.

Now if your looking for a star, I would say a star is probably top 50 in the league. In this, I would place Love in the top 10. Love is good, but he doesnt have the killer instinct yet. He isnt the leader of the team that he needs to be to reach the Super Star name. Once he learns how to be the team leader on, and off the floor, then he will be. To be fair, I would have never given KG the title of Super Star either.
    there are obviously tiers of elite, but there are superstars, and I think there are anywhere from 5-8 a year.

Tier 1: LeBron

Tier 2: Durant, Dwight, Paul

Tier 3: Kobe, Love, Wade, Westbrook, Rose

Tier 4: Dirk, Gasol, Rondo, Parker, and a handful of others.

vCash
    my tiers are based off last year, going into this year btw.

vCash
    I agree with you top 2 tiers, but I think the term "Super Star" needs to be just a couple chosen ones that are way above everyone else. Thats why it gets the word "Super" in front of star. The more loosely you use it, the less importance it has.

I totally agree with your list, I just think at tier 3, the players loose the term Super/

vCash
    In my opinion:

Superstar is top 5 in the NBA - or best at their position.

Star is top 20.

By that definition, Love is not a superstar (yet) as far as top-5 in the NBA, but he is the best PF in the league, so is not far off. I would say he is a star, sitting at top 6-8 in the league overall. Hawk's rankings seem about right.

Minnesota ROYalty

vCash
    Melo over Love all day long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Melo over Love all day long.
    Really????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    this question will determine anyone's knowledge of the NBA.

Who would you take for next season only, ignoring the $$.

Carmelo Anthony, or Kevin Love?
    Love, melo is trash.

Love is better at what melo does best which is putting up points,as well as defense and rebounding etc. So why would you want melo.

Page 4 of 238 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast