Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Dream: Doan signs with Canucks, then Lu is traded for Versteeg and pick.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Logic 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IversonIsKrazy View Post
    Dream: Doan signs with Canucks, then Lu is traded for Versteeg and pick.
    Eh, I'm more in favor of prospects than an unsigned RFA.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    If the Phoenix Coyotes weren't worried about losing their captain before, they should be now.

After spending two weeks gauging interest and fielding offers, Shane Doan is making his first official visit of free agency Friday, and he is doing it in New York.

Doan, the 35-year-old free agent, who has spent his entire career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization, is in New York and meeting with the Rangers brass to discuss a future on Broadway.

The Rangers finished with the most points (109) in the Eastern Conference this past season and reached the Eastern Conference Finals before losing to the New Jersey Devils in six games. The Rangers were showing interest in Doan last week, and he currently has offers on the table from Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Detroit, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

One offer Doan has is a four-year contract in excess of $30 million. There are several other teams interested in Doan, who had 22 goals and 28 assists in leading the Coyotes to the Western Conference Final last season, but the visit in New York is his first since free agency started.
    http://arizonasports.com/43/1560290/...g-with-Rangers

As i stated before. If our only offensive upgrade is Shane Doan, this would be a successful offseason. Of course, Garrison is probably an upgrade over Salo, but Doan is Doan.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    So, while Gillis has been fishing for tuna, a lot has happend in the NHL the last couple of weeks. Looks like now, Doan may sign with the Rangers. I'll bet it's because the Rangers offered Doan security in the form of a longer term contract and the big pay day. Gillis, being the frugal guy he is, won't land a big name like Doan, unless he can convince them to "return home to play". Doan's not biting, neither would Weber, neither did Sakic and so on. Okay, he did manage to lure Hamhuis and Garrison home.

I have a bad feeling that Gillis' acquisitions are done. He may not be able to deal Lu, so we could be stuck with him. He just gave Raymond a new contract. We also lost Salo.

So, who's left out there that could possibly come to Vancouver to fill the centre/wing spot on the 2nd line? If Lu stays, do the Canucks have enough cap space to sign a top 6?

vCash
    Luongo is going to be traded. Just a matter of time.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    If Doan returns to Phoenix I will be happy for him because I am a huge fan of player loyalty. If he goes anywhere else, I will be disappointed, unless its Vancouver for my own selfish reasons. The sports fan in me wants him to stay in Phoenix. The Canucks fan in me wants him here and nowhere else.
    If Shane Doan did leave, I wouldn't question his loyalty at all. He's in a horrible situation. He's tried to re-sign. If he leaves, I will still respect the hell out of this guy, unlike players in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    If Shane Doan did leave, I wouldn't question his loyalty at all. He's in a horrible situation. He's tried to re-sign. If he leaves, I will still respect the hell out of this guy, unlike players in the past.
    Exactly he gave 21 days into free agency as well as all of last season to be extended. I'm excited to see the possibilities. He could be a great piece for a team to get them over the edge. A second line in Vancouver with Booth - Kesler - Doan would be a soild second line. Would be two good moves with Garrison being the other. Doan deserves the shot to win a cup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Exactly he gave 21 days into free agency as well as all of last season to be extended. I'm excited to see the possibilities. He could be a great piece for a team to get them over the edge. A second line in Vancouver with Booth - Kesler - Doan would be a soild second line. Would be two good moves with Garrison being the other. Doan deserves the shot to win a cup.
    The reason I like that for Doan is that being a key piece on a 2nd line doesn't put ridiculous pressure on him. He gets the chance to win a Cup with a realistic role.

vCash
    Here's an article about Gillis/Doan:

On Doan

Vancouver remains in the hunt, according to Gillis, who in general disdains multiyear contracts for players 35 or older. But such rules are not set in stone and Gillis chases Doan alongside other teams such as the New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers.

“We’re one of the teams that are active in trying to pursue him and see if he’d like to play here in Vancouver,” said Gillis in an interview in his office at Rogers Arena on Monday morning. “Not sure of a timeline yet but we’re hopeful we have a chance to convince him to play here.”

Doan turns 36 in October and has played his whole career for the Phoenix Coyotes. In the past three seasons, he has had an average of 55 points, compared with an average of 69 the three seasons before that.

A Doan signing will be expensive, and demand a multiyear deal. Despite Vancouver’s aversion to such contracts for older players, Gillis said Doan’s availability as a free agent is a rare occurrence.

“There are specific situations that cause you, not to reconsider the guidelines, but present a different set of a facts, a different set of circumstances, that take you outside of those guidelines.”
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4436168/
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Here's an article about Gillis/Doan:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4436168/
    Good news, getting Doan and Garrison would definitely be a solid offseason. Gillis stated that Schroeder is in the mix for second line center until Kesler is back. Could be interesting.

vCash
    I think it's a long shot but I would be pumped.

vCash
    Doan is looking for 30mil over 4 yrs, I would say the Canucks will pass on that.

vCash
    Where do you see that?

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Okay, I see it on TSN.

I know all of you will disagree, for good reasons too, but I would cave in and give him that. If we acquired Doan it would be our best chance to win the stanley cup since I've started following this team. Gives us 4 complete lines. We go 6 deep on D.

But most importantly, Kesler finally will have a wing... and there will be absolutely no excuses. Cap wise it would be difficult. But trading Luongo could make it possible as long as Mike doesn't take back a bad contract. We could unload Booth maybe. LTIR Kesler. Waive Raymond. Anything is possible.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
    Booth - Schroeder - Doan
    Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
    Malhotra - Ebbett - Weise

#3in5

<3

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast