Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I was gone for 3 days with no internet and still nothing happened . Doan is taking his sweet time.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    July 16th is his Phoenix Coyotes deadline supposedly. And tomorrow is the day where he's going to consider other offers if nothing with Phoenix materializes.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I love Shane Doan and have been a fan of his for quite a while. He would be the perfect fit for the top six forward group. No offense to Vigneault, Gillis and other's. But Mason Raymond should not be in the top 12 forwards on this team. I want him buried and gone.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I honestly think Raymond is fine in the bottom six as a penalty killer but should not be counted on for offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I honestly think Raymond is fine in the bottom six as a penalty killer but should not be counted on for offense.
    What about the total lack of physicality from him?

vCash
    Haven't heard anything yet, and maybe we won't for a while. Doan has a big decision to make. Tough for him not to lean towards Pittsburgh though, to have an opportunity to play with Crosby and Malkin - but does he want to relocate all the way out east? I thought he wanted to remain in the west.

I'm very anxious to find out what will happen with Lu as well. Gillis has to do something, because if we start the season with both Lu and Schneids in goal and Raymond skating wildly (and falling) on the 2nd line - I'll be choked.

Versteeg still hasn't signed with Florida, so maybe there's a deal in the works? (Lu and Raymond to Florida for Versteeg and Theodore?)

Tough to want any ex-Hawks from 2010 on the Canucks, but if it makes our team better, why not? Just as long as they're professional about it and put those hater feelings aside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Haven't heard anything yet, and maybe we won't for a while. Doan has a big decision to make. Tough for him not to lean towards Pittsburgh though, to have an opportunity to play with Crosby and Malkin - but does he want to relocate all the way out east? I thought he wanted to remain in the west.

I'm very anxious to find out what will happen with Lu as well. Gillis has to do something, because if we start the season with both Lu and Schneids in goal and Raymond skating wildly (and falling) on the 2nd line - I'll be choked.

Versteeg still hasn't signed with Florida, so maybe there's a deal in the works? (Lu and Raymond to Florida for Versteeg and Theodore?)

Tough to want any ex-Hawks from 2010 on the Canucks, but if it makes our team better, why not? Just as long as they're professional about it and put those hater feelings aside.
    I read/heard that Chicago offered Bolland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post

I'll take anyone who can help this team reach its potential.

vCash
    If we don't sign Doan, I would be praying we get Versteeg in a Luongo trade. He is a really good player, and definitely the type of guy we need.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Even if we get Doan, I would like Versteeg. If anyone read the province today, Botch said that the Canucks offered a competitive deal that's 3 years. Gillis signing over 35 players to multi year deals is against his rules but not for Doan.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Here's article i mentioned:

It may not have been the big fish Canucks fans were hoping for, but you can bet pumping a 140-pound tuna to the surface in Panama was memorable for a vacationing GM Mike Gillis.

Those tuna are renowned fighters and that was a huge fish. It’s not easy.

Much like trying to land Shane Doan.

The Canucks are in on the Doan sweepstakes, having offered the power forward a competitive multi-year contract that is at least three years in length.

How competitive? Well, it’s relative, but teams aren’t in on Doan if they’re offering one- and two-year deals.

The Canucks offer probably is not near the four-year, $30 million monster an Eastern Conference team reportedly tabled.

But that offer did have a ring of absurdity to it. You could see it coming from the Magical Man who lives in Happy-Land on Lollipop Lane.

Whether it’d be enough to sway Doan remains to be seen. But, remember, this is a player who has dedicated his entire career to the Phoenix Coyotes organization. Could that same player be lured to a situation that doesn’t fit his criteria just because it’s the largest financial windfall?

First and foremost among Doan’s criteria is to stay in Phoenix.

He wouldn’t be rounding into late July without a contract otherwise. And his return to Phoenix became more likely Monday when Glendale formally rejected the petition which was seeking a referendum on the Coyotes lease agreement.

Following that, an ESPN report quoted one general manager who claims he’s “90-per-cent sure” Doan will be playing in the desert whenever the NHL hockey season starts.

If Doan were to ever decide this summer the Phoenix ownership situation is just too tenuous to re-sign, he already has lots of multi-year offers from good teams to choose from.

There are several fascinating options that fit some, or all, of his criteria, which, aside from term and money, include location, management, players and Stanley Cup chances.

John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix has the number of offers in for Doan up to six, including the Canucks, L.A Kings, San Jose Sharks, Detroit Red Wings, Buffalo Sabres and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Seven, if you’re including the Coyotes.

That’s quite the list of options, allowing Doan to consider the opportunity to play with either the Sedins, Anze Kopitar, Joe Thornton, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Evgeni Malkin or Sidney Crosby.

Yeah, there’s just a little bit of talent on that list.

Doan’s agent Terry Bross confirmed to Kukla’s Korner on Tuesday that Buffalo is still in the running, which will only encourage speculation the Sabres are the team that made the massive $30-million offer.

Also not helping the perception is that this is the same organization that committed $67 million to Ville Leino and Christian Ehrhoff last summer.

The Canucks are serious enough in Doan to bend something Gillis has called an “unwritten rule,” offering him a multi-year deal, even though he’s 35 years old and has played 1,000 games. Under the Canucks’ current management, players who are both more than 34 years old and have played 1,000 games have been considered high risk.

Look no further than Sami Salo, who couldn’t get the two-year deal he wanted out of Vancouver.

But Gillis has said he’s willing to make exceptions, and this is a team that isn’t shy about saying it’s going all-in to try to win a Stanley Cup. There is just no free agent who could help them as much as Doan could.

Doan has been durable, having missed only 33 games in 13 years. But that also means there are significant miles on the treads.

Many believe Doan is exactly the type of player the Canucks have been missing the past two years, most notably because he’s 230 pounds and the Canucks have been playing small for years.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ca...#ixzz20xfveQaB

<3

vCash
    It's tough to think we have a great shot at Doan, based on the amount of teams in on him, and the fact that he is the last big fish out there. I really hope we made a good offer and his potential mutual interest in the Canucks is enough for him to sign.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I think at this point it's about 90/10 split out of 100% that he's returning to Phoenix. No one can blame a player for his preference. I still am not sure what Phoenix will do to get him further than the did this past year. Losing Whitney hurt them in more ways than one.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I believe Doan staying in Phoenix has almost everything to do with his family, and not wanting to upset that part of his life. They've been in Arizona since the late 90s, after the Jets moved from Winnipeg. That's home to him. As for the Coyotes, they lost Whitney, Pyatt and Aucoin this off-season so far, I believe. Their chances of even making the playoffs this year are slim. This late in Doan's career, he should be going for it with another team. Phoenix will not win a Cup.

I heard the Canucks offered a 3-year deal to Doan, but who knows how much compensation they offered. I hope Gillis put in a tempting offer anyway.

vCash
    If Doan returns to Phoenix I will be happy for him because I am a huge fan of player loyalty. If he goes anywhere else, I will be disappointed, unless its Vancouver for my own selfish reasons. The sports fan in me wants him to stay in Phoenix. The Canucks fan in me wants him here and nowhere else.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast