Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Still had a 50 point year which would have led our 2nd line... and in this offense he'll probably put up more than that. He can perform in the playoffs and he provides something we don't have.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    And chances are, if he signs here, he will give a hometown discount because 1. we don't have a lot of cap space, and 2. Gillis only overpays for Florida Panthers castoffs. lol. Just j/k. Doan is a quality player and would be a great addition to the team, shoring up the 2nd line, and taking a spot on the PP at least until Kesler gets back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Still had a 50 point year which would have led our 2nd line... and in this offense he'll probably put up more than that. He can perform in the playoffs and he provides something we don't have.
    I'm just saying he's marginally better than what we have.

vCash
    I like Doan, he's an upgrade, I'm just not sure he blows me away in terms of improving the offense.

vCash
    What he does is lengthen the lineup. As of now we have Booth Kesler Higgins on the 2nd. And Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen on the 3rd. Doan would move Higgins to the 3rd creating one of the best checking lines. Plus, he would be a good mentor for Zack Kassian. And like i said, he can perform in the playoffs... take away some pressure off the Sedins and Kesler to do everything.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I like Doan, he's an upgrade, I'm just not sure he blows me away in terms of improving the offense.
    I can't say he is the answer to all questions but he is a quality power forward and he would provide something this team has needed for years. I have the same doubts about his actual scoring contributions though.

vCash
    What he does is lengthen the lineup. As of now we have Booth Kesler Higgins on the 2nd. And Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen on the 3rd. Doan would move Higgins to the 3rd creating one of the best checking lines. Plus, he would be a good mentor for Zack Kassian. And like i said, he can perform in the playoffs... take away some pressure off the Sedins and Kesler to do everything.
    I agree. He lets our 3rd liners be 3rd liners. Higgins moves down and strengthens the next line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I'm just saying he's marginally better than what we have.
    He plays a different game, more of a power game, and he has leadership abilities that we're lacking in our lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I can't say he is the answer to all questions but he is a quality power forward and he would provide something this team has needed for years. I have the same doubts about his actual scoring contributions though.
    Why doubt the scoring? He'd be playing with the best passing C in the league and this offense is a bit more dynamic than Phoenix's.

<3

vCash
    Why doubt the scoring? He'd be playing with the best passing C in the league and this offense is a bit more dynamic than Phoenix's.
    Maybe for part of the season he'd be on the PP with Henrik but most of the time he would have Kesler as his C.

vCash
    Maybe for part of the season he'd be on the PP with Henrik but most of the time he would have Kesler as his C.
    I think AV would use Doan on the 1st line a lot though.

<3

vCash
    I think AV would use Doan on the 1st line a lot though.
    I see your point but I still think it would be situational. Our 2nd line is desperate for the kind of energy a power forward would bring. That would be a different Canucks top 6.

But I can also see how a PF would appeal to AV on the first line too. It all depends on whether he gets signed, and whether he clicks with the Sedins.

vCash
    I see your point but I still think it would be situational. Our 2nd line is desperate for the kind of energy a power forward would bring. That would be a different Canucks top 6.
    Gotcha. Using Burrows on line 1 and Doan on line 2 gives us a more complete top 6 as opposed to Doan on line 1 and Higgins 2, Burrows 3.

Let's get this guy signed first.

<3

vCash
    Doan is not the best player in the world, but he is a tough power forward with superb leadership, and good 2nd line offense. He is exactly the kind of player our 2nd line needs on it. Like these guys said, signing him improves our 2nd and 3rd lines immensely.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    If Doan comes here hopefully he can be somewhat of a mentor to Kassian.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast