Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Canucks re-sign Mason Raymond -- 1 year/2.2

Media Release: Canucks have re-signed left wing Mason Raymond.
    https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/statu...86525416071168

No cup for us!
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Which option do you select?

A.

B.

C.

vCash
    B. I had more of a 'here we go again' reaction than a '****' reaction.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    yepp B

vCash
    Seems like a bit much to pay him for underachieving. Is it possible that they signed him and will now trade him? Possibly in a package involving Luongo? Or is this another one of those: he has great potential to be an offensive force...... - thoughts from Gillis and ownership.

IMO, Raymond has had his chances, before and after his accident in Boston. I'm hoping he is part of a trade, but I'd also hate to give him away and then watch him turn into Grabner the season after he left the Canucks.

vCash
    I still like Mason Raymond even if he sucks, but this is a mistake. We need to trade him and let him try to fix his game elsewhere, like we did with high potential but disappointment Steve Bernier, except he still sucks. All I can say, if he is on the team all season, 3rd line is where he belongs. No 2nd line.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Cannot speak on the reliability of this twitter source, though they have been right on a lot in the last few years, but here is this at least:

C.B. ‏@NHLSourcesSay

#Canucks and Mason Raymond settle on a 1 year deal worth $2.2M, sources say he may be on the move...doesn't fit in Canucks top 6 plan
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Cannot speak on the reliability of this twitter source, though they have been right on a lot in the last few years, but here is this at least:

C.B. ‏@NHLSourcesSay

#Canucks and Mason Raymond settle on a 1 year deal worth $2.2M, sources say he may be on the move...doesn't fit in Canucks top 6 plan
    I'm hoping he's a trade piece too.

vCash
    Trade for what? a 5th round pick?

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Trade for what? a 5th round pick?
    Part of a bigger deal, cap management.

vCash
    I'll believe it when i see it.

<3

vCash
    He could be part of the Luongo deal in an effort to try to move some cap and maybe add a better piece...Who knows.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    D: All of the above. He needs to be waived and sent to the minors.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    He could be part of the Luongo deal in an effort to try to move some cap and maybe add a better piece...Who knows.
    That would be awesome!

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.