Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 233 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I will say, as far as our pen goes, they've struggled this year but I'm not ready to give up on Salas and Zep for the season, look at their July stats.

they are very good. Salas has pitched in 7.1 innings and allowed 2 hits, 3 walks but has 8 strike outs and batters only hitting .083

Zep has pitched only 3.2 innings but that's because he's throwing to mostly lefties, he's pitched 5 games, had allowed 3 hits and 2 walks but batters are only hitting .231 With 1 strikeout

Im not saying by any means they don't need more bullpen help but they are improving quite well, Boggs and Motte have been fine, we Need to get rid of Marte he's been horrible after his strong start.

Bullpen needs help but I don't think it's as drastic as some people think, not if these guys keep improving

Salas could easily be the 6th/7th inning man we have been looking for, Zep could easily be the guy we use when we have situations like left-right-left scenarios to face.

If those 2 get it right like it looks like they are on their way to doing then our bullpen, combined with Motte and Boggs could be back to very good. Fuentes could be kind of a wildcard, if he can get it back together like the begining of the season.
    Last edited by Skippy15; 07-20-2012 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    Brewers apparently offered Greinke an extension worth 100 million.

vCash
    Yeah they did it's worth 112.5 mil i'm sure he will accept it.

I also read that we inquired about Dempster as well. LMFAO! Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him in a cardinal jersey.

vCash
    I'm not sure I buy that he will accept that contract, he very well could but I think at the same time he could probably get more on the open market, I thought I read that was over 6 years which would be less that 20 million per year, which he would for sure get over on the open market, even at 5 years it's 22.5 per year. Just gonna depend on how well Greinke is attached to the Brewers, he could probably get a few million more on the market.

All just depends, if Pujols can walk away from a place he played 11 years then Greinke could easily leave a place he's played 2.

interesting take

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...e-a-free-agent

vCash
    Cardinals are in on Dempster

vCash
    Pretty crazy. I would be all for us getting Dempster. I've respected but not liked him for so many years with the cubs lol. IF he came to pitch for us it'd be so strange rooting for him.
    I guess i should say I like him but don't like to face him really.

vCash
    Could you guys see the Cards going for Liriano? If so What would a Twins fan like me expect in return? We need pitching badly, I assume Miller, Martinez, Rosenthal, Jenkins would be off limits in a Liriano trade...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    Could you guys see the Cards going for Liriano? If so What would a Twins fan like me expect in return? We need pitching badly, I assume Miller, Martinez, Rosenthal, Jenkins would be off limits in a Liriano trade...
    I'd say little to no interest, They've probably checked in on him but not serious lookers

vCash
    If the Cardinals are going to trade for a SP it is going to be a sure thing SP. I think pitchers like Liriano won't be traded for during a potential post season run. Maybe during the offseason when you can take some risks. Dempster makes sense but the Dodgers appear to be the favorite and Dempster's first choice. With question marks lingering around Garcia, Lynn's workload, and the loss of Carpenter, any SP that is added needs to be quality.

As for Greinke, I am pretty sure that he is going to hit the FA market. Part of the reasons teams like the Phils and Brewers are offering these extensions are last efforts before they trade them probably to appease the fan base or front office to say they tried. Hamels will probably resign but rumors say he'd like to pitch in CA if a trade can be worked out.

vCash
    Joe Strauss just tweeted that the Yankees are there tonight and have been at every cardinals game the last 2 weeks, there's obviously something on our team they are interested In

vCash
    The Yankees are probably trying to find someone who can replace Brett Gardner or something. Maybe they are just scouting us just in case we become sellers which I hope doesn't happen. Not sure how the Yanks match up with our needs unless they are part of a three team deal.

vCash
    Yeah and they may think they could get Craig from us, which isn't happening

vCash
    I'd give em skip and Craig for cano lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I'd give em skip and Craig for cano lmao
    We might not have the Bullpen but you put a Cano in our line up we might not ever make a out lol

vCash
    I'd take Nate Robertson or Rafael Soriano from the Yankees. Have the 8th inning on lock down.

Page 9 of 233 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast