Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 194 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm becoming frustrated, I'm hearing nothing about us being in on anyone lately, I'll be very upset if Mo brings in Vargas like that's an upgrade just because he's cheap

vCash
    ^ not me.

I don't want to mortgage anything this year. Our specs are really valuable to me right now, especially with the new CBA.

Our run differential is easily the best in the NL Central, and if we can fix our one-run record we will be the class of the NL Central.

We don't need any huge upgrades to win this division or make the wild card. So I wouldn't be giving up to much.

Vargas isn't anything special or really an upgrade, but he should be cheap to get and could help overall, especially if it means Kelly or Lynn helping the bullpen.

vCash
    I mean I'm not looking for cole Hamels or anything. I just want a quality starting pitcher. Not Vargas. I'm not saying by any means trade our farm

vCash
    The reason I want Lohse back even on a 3 year deal:

(pre-injury, and 2011-present) 87 games, 41-16 W-L, 3.32 era, 1.19 whip, 1.99 bb/9, 5.29 k/9.

vCash
    I think this trade deadline period it appears to be really tough for teams. Asking prices appear to be astronomical and I think with the new CBA Mo might be handcuffed on potential trades for SP, but I wouldn't put it past him to pull of a Matt Holliday type deal (Felix Hernandez) either. Like I said, if the Cardinals go after SP they need to get pitchers that will be under contract for next season. Adding a SP will be great so Kelly can move to the BP and spot start for Lynn. Whether it is Wandy or Vargas, I don't want it to be similar to the Westbrook type deal. One things for sure is that it doesn't hurt to have enough pitching.

I was listening to the Bernie Miklasz show and he and Derrick Goold were talking about it wouldn't be farfetched if the Cards add a CF that can bat from the right side to help Jay out and even a 2B as well in a similar deal that brought over Furcal. I am thinking any deal made will be similar to last years deal with Toronto to get a SP, Bullpen help, and a 2B/ RHH CF. Not sure which teams or three way deal that can get us all that in one swoop. Joe Strauss during his chat today said that the Mariners and the Padres match up with us real well in terms of trading partners. This trade deadline might be one of those years were it goes down to the wire or something.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if a deal doesn't happen till the day of the deadline and even then within the last 20 minutes of it. We absolutely need a bullpen pitcher. If we don't get one we are conceding the season basically.

As far as Vargas, it seems pointless to me. Kelly is as good as Vargas, I don't see a point in adding another of what we have to replace what we got already.

I'd like to see Kelly in the pen, the guy seems to have some real mental toughness along with a good fastball, could be good in there.

I'd like to see us go for Wandy Rodriguez, I don't wanna trade a ton for a Hernandez, Wandy will be significantly cheaper than Felix, Cole Hamels or Greinke. He fits our needs better for himself and the price.

vCash
    Kelly deserves to be starting all he has done is give this team a chance to win every time he goes out basically. He's probably our #4 pitcher in my opinion with Westbrook being our worst pitcher out of the 5. I think the kid deserves to keep starting this year.

vCash
    Kelly has done a fine job but he's walking far to many and batters are hitting a solid .275 off him, he's had a lot of luck along with pitching himself out of jams, a starter to replace him is really needed, he won't keep this getting himself out of constant jams every game up.

We need a better starter to reach the playoffs with Garcia being far from a sure thing

vCash
    What about the Cardinals trading for Edison Volquez and Luke Gregerson/Huston Street? The trade probably would not cost us a ton in prospects, and would upgrade our rotation and bullpen.

vCash
    I think if the Cardinals trade with the Padres it will be for bullpen help only. Personally I would lay off Volquez. From what I hear he has some baggage that comes with him. I think many will remember when he started at Busch this year and he totally showed up his catcher throughout the game.

vCash
    I do not want Volquez no matter what

vCash
    I also agree with Kelly being moved to the pen. He isn't as good of a starter as he has been getting away with. He has been really lucky and gotten the right plays behind him at the right times. It won't last.

vCash
    I'd take Volquez in the offseason, a spring trial with no promises of making it. Guy has potential, but seems to be a bit of a nut

vCash
    Some moves have been made today. For those of you who wanted Jonathan Sanchez he was traded to the Rockies for Jeremy Guthrie. Also the Astros and Blue Jays completed a 10 player deal that sent J.A. Happ, Brandon Lyon, and David Carpenter to the Jays for Francisco Cordero, Ben Francisco, and 5 minor leaguers. I didn't expect the Astros to trade Happ and didn't even know he was available. Seeing that they got Cordero back who will close for the Astros, Myers is probably going to be traded soon.

vCash
    If they offer it I'd take Rodriguez and Myers from the Astros, I think Myers, Rosenthal and Kelly would upgrade the pen enough from the right side

That's of course with the Astros eating a lot of money.
    Last edited by Skippy15; 07-20-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Page 8 of 194 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast