Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 234 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals Trade Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Your sarcasm clearly didn't come through well since other people also told you that we dont need another RBI guy and that you can't blame the offense.

Venting is perfectly fine but if your going to vent sarcastically I reccomend using the smilies, lol, haha, something that makes it clear sarcasm, it doesn't travel well over the net and we've had issues with guys making completely crazy statements and being legitiment about it. You'll make it much easier on yourself and other posters to put something like a stuff like that.

You don't have to of course, it will just help people know when your venting or making a joke vs making a legitiment statement. Certain things just don't translate well online lol
    Ok Skippy, Sorry, didnt realize it was sounding that bad. I enjoy this site and like the discussions, not on here to make anyone mad or make trouble, sorry if it sounded to strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freydoggy View Post
    Ok Skippy, Sorry, didnt realize it was sounding that bad. I enjoy this site and like the discussions, not on here to make anyone mad or make trouble, sorry if it sounded to strong.
    It's not a big deal, I'm sorry if I've offended you by any means.

Your relatively new here as far as amount of posts so I'm just assuming your not on here a whole lot, you'll get it with experience how to say things easier for people to understand in here, I got jumped on all the time when I first started especially In the nfl forum, I completely quit going there because of how so many act.

Luckily mostly everyone who posts in here is easy to get along with

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freydoggy View Post
    Yea your right we do have the rbi guys , just wish they would do more scoring with all the hits they been getting and quit leaving so many guys on. As far as the defense goes, kind of hard for the defense to gel when they been doing so much shuffeling around with dicalso, greene, schu, jay , and carpenter. Almost feel as if Larussa is back. Same kind of crap he pulled.
    I believe he did that and we won a world series though, Correct? Mike Matheny is doing the right thing with shuffeling guys, he's gotta keep guys fresh and rest guys. Beltran needed rest and so did jon jay. Matheny is doing a great job in my opinion, the guys just aren't coming through for him like they usually do. Plenty of time for us to come back and get the division, and if not let's remember theres two wild card spots now.

vCash
    Its funny how the Cardinals, Pirates, and Reds have alternations of a similar problem. Pirates don't have a middle of the order hitter besides Mc Clutch. The Reds have no one that gets into RISP for Votto. The Cardinals can't drive anyone in while in RISP.

On the Cardinals front, here is what our problems have been as of late. (ranking doesn't necessarily mean importance but in the order I thought of them) 1) Hands down the bullpen--- anyone not named Boggs and Motte have been trouble. Our SP have worked their butts off to get to the 6th-7th innings only to lose by 1 run after Marte, Cleto, Rzep and Sanchez blew it. The Memphis, and now Springfield, express to the bullpen needs to be fixed quickly 2) Losing games by 1 run-- Cardinals are way below .500 in one run games and have been prone to late innings miracles to save themselves. 3) Problems as a team hitting in RISP-- this has been a problem as of late but this team needs to improve on this front so we can win more one run games and with our bullpen being subpar 4). Health- everyone has found themselves on the DL at some point and it has been somewhat of a juggling act for Matheny to keep players fresh while rolling out a competitive lineup. This has prevented Beltran from hitting in the 2 hole where he is best at and has forced some players to press to perform in the absence of other players 5) Players have been pressing for instance David Freese-- David Freese has been trying to pull the ball almost on every swing since May... Freese needs to regain that opposite field stroke and drive balls into Right-Center... 6) One knock I have on Matheny so far is that he seems to pick the wrong time or the wrong player to ph in certain situations. Carpenter and Berkman need to be listed under clutch situations not Tyler Greene or Descalso. 7) Second base has been an issue not a significant one since Skip has done well, but I guess what I mean is that the Tyler Greene experiment is over. For me spot start when there is a LH pitcher and pitch running from here on out. 8) A problem I can potentially see is Lance Lynn tiring out in August and September and he might need to have some starts skipped. 9) Sp has been great but we are going to probably have to land a SP so Kelly can go to the pen and potentially spot start for Lynn

I am sure there are more problems but one this is for sure... Thank god for Yadier Molina
    Last edited by cards7; 07-19-2012 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    I'd want the Cards to go after SP Scott Diamond on Minnesota. He's incredibly underrated this season, and we could easily trade a few prospects or Jay to get him (Twins lack offense). Scott Diamond has flown under the radar this year and is pretty young. Thoughts? His stats are below:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...iamosc01.shtml

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarGator9 View Post
    I'd want the Cards to go after SP Scott Diamond on Minnesota. He's incredibly underrated this season, and we could easily trade a few prospects or Jay to get him (Twins lack offense). Scott Diamond has flown under the radar this year and is pretty young. Thoughts? His stats are below:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...iamosc01.shtml
    We wouldn't trade jay he is our everyday cf and really coming into his own as a hitter

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    For sure interested in Diamond but need to keep Jay, no one really to take over offensively or defensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    For sure interested in Diamond but need to keep Jay, no one really to take over offensively or defensively
    the only person we have that could stand a chance of replacing him would be Taveras but he is still around a year or two away

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Hey for pitching help, yeah i know he wasn't very good with the royals but he was good with the giants and wouldn't cost us anything which is what i'm sure MO is looking to do. Why not go out and get Jonathan Sanchez? He'd be a decent pickup and can be very good when he's on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    the only person we have that could stand a chance of replacing him would be Taveras but he is still around a year or two away
    Plus our outfield defense would be horrible, Beltran has had one of the lowest ranges in RF this year.Tavares will be a great RF option with his big Arm but not a good MLB CF option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Hey for pitching help, yeah i know he wasn't very good with the royals but he was good with the giants and wouldn't cost us anything which is what i'm sure MO is looking to do. Why not go out and get Jonathan Sanchez? He'd be a decent pickup and can be very good when he's on.
    The inconsistency scares me with Sanchez, I think it's time to pull the trigger on a guy like Wandy Rodriguez and Myers. More sure things than another reclamation project like Sanchez

vCash
    Maybe inconsistency recently but he was always a solid starter for the giants and I believe he still can be.

vCash
    I don't doubt he could be but at mid season like this by bringing him in we could cost ourselves games we can't afford to lose, off season I'm completely down for a trial, but now it could cost us the year bringing in a struggling player for the rotation. We need a good starter and bullpen arm. Not a gamble

vCash
    I think our starting pitching is fine, we don't need to trade for any one. I think Bullpen is the only thing we should trade for if we do trade for anything.

vCash
    I think we need another starter, there's no promise garcia comes back or Lynn holds up

Page 7 of 234 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast