Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 181 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Vargas for Jenkins wouldn't be very wise.

Not that Jenkins is gonna be this great pitcher, but Vargas is just not what we need.

He is as good as Joe Kelly, and Kelly barely should be in the rotation.

Why give up a piece for a guy that makes more and does the same thing that our worst starter does?

If you are going to give up Jenkins, I think you can get a little more, like Wandy for example.

vCash
    Honestly, I kinda wonder if this was more a mistake on Rosenthal's report. I just can't see us bringing in Vargas, he's simply a pretty ****** pitcher

vCash
    Mo was recently in a Yahoo Sports article discussing the new CBA agreement and how it is affecting the trade market. He was mentioning that teams asking prices in terms of prospects are way too high especially when you can't get draft pick compensation in return. Unfortunately or fortunately, depends on how you view it, Mo might be just trying to find the cheapest pitcher he can get without giving up top prospects.

vCash
    I saw that, the only thing is we have moveable propects so I think he's willing to deal, Wandy makes the most sense since he's under control next year

vCash
    Yeah Wandy would make sense. I think under the new system, I personally wouldn't trade top prospects for any rentals. Not sure what Wandy's contract situation is, but it would only worth it if he is currently under contract or if not will sign an extension after a trade. He seems like a quality pitcher to fill in for Westbrook after this season (if the Cardinals decline his option) or for Garcia if he is going to miss a lot of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Yeah Wandy would make sense. I think under the new system, I personally wouldn't trade top prospects for any rentals. Not sure what Wandy's contract situation is, but it would only worth it if he is currently under contract or if not will sign an extension after a trade. He seems like a quality pitcher to fill in for Westbrook after this season (if the Cardinals decline his option) or for Garcia if he is going to miss a lot of time.
    Wandy is signed through next season, the Astros will need to eat some of the contract though, probably half or at least 1/4th of it

vCash
    Yeah I think one of the negatives about dealing for Wandy is that Luhnow might raise the price, in terms of prospects, for the Cardinals because he knows our system too well. But like you mention Skippy, maybe by having the Astros pay down his contract we might be able to lower the cost of prospects we send their way.

vCash

Cardinals Trade Discussion Thread

The way things are looking right now, looks like we need to trade for an Rbi kind of guy. Cant really blame the pitching the last few games, we need some runs! I just cant see the cards making a deal for wandy unless they plan on giving in on most of his salary. He makes way to much for what he will be worth to us.
    Last edited by freydoggy; 07-18-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: no reason

vCash
    Can't blame the pitching today really. Crappy defense is what did us in! Don't blame it on not knocking in runs had we not had those errors i'm sure the runs they got would be alot fewer. We have plenty of "rbi" guys. It's just the defense needs to get right. Think they need to work on fundamentals alittle more maybe.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Can't blame the pitching today really. Crappy defense is what did us in! Don't blame it on not knocking in runs had we not had those errors i'm sure the runs they got would be alot fewer. We have plenty of "rbi" guys. It's just the defense needs to get right. Think they need to work on fundamentals alittle more maybe.
    Yea your right we do have the rbi guys , just wish they would do more scoring with all the hits they been getting and quit leaving so many guys on. As far as the defense goes, kind of hard for the defense to gel when they been doing so much shuffeling around with dicalso, greene, schu, jay , and carpenter. Almost feel as if Larussa is back. Same kind of crap he pulled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freydoggy View Post
    Yea your right we do have the rbi guys , just wish they would do more scoring with all the hits they been getting and quit leaving so many guys on. As far as the defense goes, kind of hard for the defense to gel when they been doing so much shuffeling around with dicalso, greene, schu, jay , and carpenter. Almost feel as if Larussa is back. Same kind of crap he pulled.
    First of all, we can't keep Beltran, Craig and Berkman playing every single game, they all have injury issues and need rested once or twice a week. Those guys your referring to are our bench and they are being played exactly how they should be, resting regulars and pinch hitting, don't see the problem?

Second, this is one of the most productive offenses in baseball, the last thing we need is another RBI guy. They are in a bad stretch, every team goes through it. We need more bullpen pitching, better bullpen pitching. Don't over react over a bad stretch of offense

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    First of all, we can't keep Beltran, Craig and Berkman playing every single game, they all have injury issues and need rested once or twice a week. Those guys your referring to are our bench and they are being played exactly how they should be, resting regulars and pinch hitting, don't see the problem?

Second, this is one of the most productive offenses in baseball, the last thing we need is another RBI guy. They are in a bad stretch, every team goes through it. We need more bullpen pitching, better bullpen pitching. Don't over react over a bad stretch of offense
    First of all, I was just being sarcastic! Yea I know we dont need another RBI guy! And yes I know thats our bench and thats the way its used, but there is also times when it makes no sense on the way he uses that bench, but we dont get his milllions of dollars to figure that out. Thats just baseball and I know every team goes through it and yes I know we need pitching, can we vent on here once in a while when we would like to see our team winning? Or do you have a problem with that also? I am not over reacting, I know this team will be fine, just venting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freydoggy View Post
    First of all, I was just being sarcastic! Yea I know we dont need another RBI guy! And yes I know thats our bench and thats the way its used, but there is also times when it makes no sense on the way he uses that bench, but we dont get his milllions of dollars to figure that out. Thats just baseball and I know every team goes through it and yes I know we need pitching, can we vent on here once in a while when we would like to see our team winning? Or do you have a problem with that also? I am not over reacting, I know this team will be fine, just venting...
    Your sarcasm clearly didn't come through well since other people also told you that we dont need another RBI guy and that you can't blame the offense.

Venting is perfectly fine but if your going to vent sarcastically I reccomend using the smilies, lol, haha, something that makes it clear sarcasm, it doesn't travel well over the net and we've had issues with guys making completely crazy statements and being legitiment about it. You'll make it much easier on yourself and other posters to put something like a stuff like that.

You don't have to of course, it will just help people know when your venting or making a joke vs making a legitiment statement. Certain things just don't translate well online lol

vCash
    One of the big problems during the last month or so has been the Cardinals inability to get things done with RISP. Over this past road trip for instance we were 8/51 (.157). On the season as a whole we rank in the top ten of all MLB as a team (9/10) hitting .265 with RISP. The White Sox have the best with .295 and there is a huge drop off between teams ranked after 5th. Our team is hitting .254 (9th) in the 7th inning plus as opposed to .283 (second best) from innings 1-6. We are also hitting .254 (which is the 9th best) as a team with RISP and less than 2 outs.

So we are in a funk and we need to do a lot better with RISP especially with our bullpen issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    One of the big problems during the last month or so has been the Cardinals inability to get things done with RISP. Over this past road trip for instance we were 8/51 (.157). On the season as a whole we rank in the top ten of all MLB as a team (9/10) hitting .265 with RISP. The White Sox have the best with .295 and there is a huge drop off between teams ranked after 5th. Our team is hitting .254 (9th) in the 7th inning plus as opposed to .283 (second best) from innings 1-6. We are also hitting .254 (which is the 9th best) as a team with RISP and less than 2 outs.

So we are in a funk and we need to do a lot better with RISP especially with our bullpen issues.
    Agreed, Beltran in a slump and Craig's slump hurts, Berkman needs to get bat speed back together and our Lund up will be quite good again. Our starters are carrying us right now

Page 6 of 181 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast