Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash
    why does everyone think we would consider moving Craig he has been our best player besides beltran and molina imo

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I can't see us trading zep... He's the only thing remaining from the Colby trade. He's still got plenty of potential
    We got plenty o picks for that trade as well..They might pan out and be good picks that is what I am looking foward to..I believe we got 3 picks in the top 50 for that deal.

vCash
    I feel like that the White Sox, B Jays, and Yanks sending scouts to watch the Cards would be fruitless from our point of view b/c they don't really match up as ideal trade partners. I am sure that most front offices send scouts to almost all other organizations to fully prepare for all the trade deadline possibilities, but we don't really match up with these teams.

vCash
    Craig I can see teams scouting, not that we'd trade him. But really they think we'd trade Molina lol

vCash
    Yeah Yadi would be going nowhere unless MOZ wants fans to call for his head! lol. But yeah MOZ knows what he's doing I fully trust the guy and he hasn't dissapointed me yet.

vCash
    I really wish and am hoping that we re sign Lohse. The guy has been really good when he's healthy. Plus look at our rotation next year. We have

Wainwright

Then we have Garcia, who's having shoulder problems that hopefully aren't to serious. Then we have Lynn who no body knows how he will finish but he should be in the rotation. So now we have:

Wainwright
    Lynn

We have Miller who isn't fairing well in the minors but could still make the team. Westbrook will be gone.

We have no real for sure anchor except wainwright. We have the possibility of

wainwright
    Carpenter
    Garcia
    Lynn
    Miller

I think signing Lohse to a couple years would be good. there's just to many ifs in our rotation not to.

vCash
    I want Westbrook gone that's all I really care about.

Lohse, if he is willing to come back at like 1 year, 5 mil or something. But I don't really love Lohse that much.

He has been a lot better this year though.
    Adam Wainwright
    Cards Sig Game (ranks right after list)

11-4 (18 starts)1st
    131.0 IP2nd
    7.63 K/9
    1.85 BB/912th
    4.67K/BB5th
    1.79 ERA1st
    2.50 FIP1st
    50 -ERA1st
    69 -FIP1st
    3.2 fWAR 1st
    5.1 rWAR 1st

vCash
    Honestly I really do like Lohse a lot and I'd be willing to go at about Westbrooks current deal for him. But not more.

Lohse is always good for 30 starts outside of the injury when he was hit in the forearm. Something he couldn't help. Is Lohse brilliant? No. But we need someone we can for sure guarantee 30 starts out of and to be quality starts. Something i don't know will happen with Carpenter, Garcia, Lynn or Miller next year.

vCash
    I'd be fine with a 3 year 26-30 mil extension for lohse. If he'd accept that. Maybe the last year or the 3 year deal be an option.

vCash
    I'd be fine with that, I think he's happy here and would accept that.

vCash
    I like Lohse also, but I wouldn't offer more than 2 years. I don't think anyone really expects us to move Craig, but I'm sure Mo will listen to any offers.

vCash
    Yeah, If I was a GM I'd listen to offers on any player on our roster but your gonna have to put together an amazing package to get certain guys. guys like Molina, Holliday, Craig, Wainwright among others are completely untouchable if I'm the GM but I'll take the offers

As far as Lohse, I'd be comfortable with 3 but if I could get 2 and a mutual option I'd do it in a heart beat. The more and more I think about it the more and more I don't want Greinke this off season.

We could afford it but keeping a guy like Wainwright (gonna be close to or over 20 Million) and then add Greinke for 20 million or more.

I'd rather keep up what we are doing. We have (normally) Carpenter who is an older ace who can still pitch like a true ace but doesn't cost as much because of his age and injury concern. If Miller works out we could have the same set up with Wainwright now being the older ace by the time we have to start paying Miller big money. Wainwright will be much cheaper than 20 Million by the time it would be time to start paying Miller that big money.

I think it would be a great thing to have Greinke but I think the rotation's overall quality would be better without him costing anothe 20 million if we plan to keep Wainwright

vCash
    No way I go 3 with Lohse.

2 Max, and honestly 1 with a club option if my preference.
    Adam Wainwright
    Cards Sig Game (ranks right after list)

11-4 (18 starts)1st
    131.0 IP2nd
    7.63 K/9
    1.85 BB/912th
    4.67K/BB5th
    1.79 ERA1st
    2.50 FIP1st
    50 -ERA1st
    69 -FIP1st
    3.2 fWAR 1st
    5.1 rWAR 1st

vCash
    I just honestly don't trust we get 30 starts a piece from Lynn, Miller, Garcia, Carpenter next year.

vCash
    Lynn I think will definitely get 30 starts. Garcia we will see how he does when he comes back this year and see what happens. Carp???? Big time question mark there we will have to look at possible back up options in the offseason incase carp isn't ready to go. That or hopefully Miller gets his butt in gear and starts pitching like the organization knows he can pitch like.

Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast