Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bernie Miklasz ‏@miklasz
    Difference between Reds' and Cardinals' deals, Jocketty gave up two decent (or better?) prospects. Zack Cox not in Cards' long-range plans.

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Red's gave up 2 good minor league pitchers who could have easily been a big part of their future, The lefty they gave up looks really good.

The starter is raw, but has talent and is only 22. They gave up that for a rental.

We got a less talented guy but what we needed, a guy to pitch the 6th and 7th for a guy we have absolutely no use for. I'll take it happily

vCash
    I can see mujica taking over the roll dotel had for us in the 2nd half last year. A Guy who can come in and get a tough righty out and be bridge guy to boggs in the 8th. Glad to see we hung on to all are top prospects like miller, martinez, wong, taveras, rosenthal, Jenkins and Adams.

vCash
    Overall. We got a guy who isn't going to be a brilliant pitcher and be the next great bullpen pitcher here.

What we did get is the guy who will bridge us to the strongest part of our pen, Boggs and Motte. He will do a very good job at it, keep us from stretching the pen to the point we use the whole damn thing and it gives us a guy to put in the 6th and 7th. Is he the most talented? No. But he completley fixes our needs. He also didn't cost us an arm and a leg to get. He cost us Cox, who wasn't going to have position here, He doesn't have the power to stay at a corner spot. Cox probably was worth a little more but just that a LITTLE more. He wasn't worth much more. You can't make a trade on potential a guy hasn't shown much of and none of the MLB level. He has talent but had no position here, we absolutely needed a 6th and 7th inning guy and we got him. Mo did a good job getting what we needed, dealing from what we didn't need and keeping Miller, Tavares, Wong, Rosenthal, Jenkins and Adams.

vCash
    Cards next trade target? Felix Hernandez in the offseason.

Seriously would love to get him, not willing to part with Miller, Martinez, and Taveras for him though. Miller, Martinez and Adams, probably I would do but would honestly cry over losing Martinez.

Before anyone jumps on me, MLB network is speculating that it is time for SEATTLE to put him out there this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    Cards next trade target? Felix Hernandez in the offseason.

Seriously would love to get him, not willing to part with Miller, Martinez, and Taveras for him though. Miller, Martinez and Adams, probably I would do but would honestly cry over losing Martinez.

Before anyone jumps on me, MLB network is speculating that it is time for SEATTLE to put him out there this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post

IMO the Cards have to go after him if he becomes available. Everyone is available IMO for Felix but Wong and Taveras for obvious reasons.

I doubt Miller, Martinez, Adams and whoever is enough when Texas would without hesitation start with Profar/Andrus, Olt and Perez. Plus the Yankees would be all over him as well with Nova, 2 of their spec arms and others as needed.

vCash
    IMO the Cards have to go after him if he becomes available. Everyone is available IMO for Felix but Wong and Taveras for obvious reasons.

I doubt Miller, Martinez, Adams and whoever is enough when Texas would without hesitation start with Profar/Andrus, Olt and Perez. Plus the Yankees would be all over him as well with Nova, 2 of their spec arms and others as needed.
    I don't think he'll become available but if he does it will be next trade deadline, make a desperate team pay more

vCash
    Just speculation here reading the main board. Apparently or speculation is Rollins is out there. Jay for Rollins? Or Jay and Cox for Rollins and philly picks up 3-4 million per year of his salary? I mean you can move Skip back to CF and lose nothing really on defense maybe a little, move Furcal to 2B and Rollins at SS. I am only throwing this out there with the speculation of Taveras getting called up, and doubt the Cards would do it any way. Price to steep even if they did go down this route? Rollins would look good in the 1 or 2 spot IMO.
    We would have had to pay all of Rollins contract, and he isn't as valuable as Jay any longer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by revsolly View Post
    I have always believe that Lee is over-rated. He is a good pitcher, but not in an elite category.
    Cliff Lee?

A top 5 pitcher in all of baseball each year for the last 5 years.

Low walk rate, high k rate, keeps the ball in the yard.

A very very good pitcher, def elite.

vCash
    I've always liked cliff lee. Would love to see him and/or Halladay in a redbird uniform. Reason i say halladay is because if he doesn't meet a few things then his option doesn't vest. I don't remember what it was but i read it a little while ago.

vCash
    If they have the money, I see Doc finishing his career in Toronto

vCash
    Nah, He's comin to the Cards next, They are gonna trade for him this off season so him and Chris Carpenter can unite for one season of pure bad assery and show Toronto what they could have had for 8 + years

vCash
    Mike Fontenot has been DFA, Get him. Remove Greene. Please.

vCash
    I dislike that idea of fontenot no thanks. If all we are looking for is a 2nd baseman utility guy then why not bring up eugenio Velez?

He's a switch hitter and is hitting .273 11-HR 50-RBI 28-2B 3-3B 24-SB 29-Attempts 54-Runs 97-Hits 34-BB 78-K's LHP- .250avg RHP .288 AVG

Very solid numbers. Strikeouts maybe a bit high but he'd definitely help out. Plus he could hit against lefties and righties. He'd be a very solid replacement for Greene.
    Last edited by stlfan544; 08-01-2012 at 05:18 PM.