Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    I dont care if Cox has no future here, he still had more value than a reliever with basically a 4.5 era. Upgrade attempt failed.
    the way you have been talking it makes it seem like you think a cox for J.Johnson straight up trade was possible

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    St. Louis Cardinals ‏@Cardinals
    #Mujica, 28, has appeared in 41 games (39.0 IP) for the Marlins this season, limiting opposing right-handed batters to a .211 BA.
    ^ This. We can easily use this kind of a pitcher for RH hitters

vCash
    The only thing that is a big negative on him is he's given up a pretty good amount of home runs. But most of those are in 09 and 10. Only 7 last year and 6 this year. 14 each year in 09 and 10

vCash
    We for sure could have gotten something a little better for Cox, but we weren't gonna get a top end relief pitcher for him. No team is going to trade a top relief pitcher for a guy who has struggled in AAA just because he's a top 100 prospect. It's all about how you produce, not where you are rated and Cox isn't producing like they thought he would.

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Source: #Reds get Broxton.
    damn!!!

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Pirates doing work SON! Snider and Sanchez, not flashy names but will fit in nicely around McCutchen and Alvarez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    damn!!!
    Probably gave up less too, to get him than what the Cards gave up.

vCash
    Don't see why the Red's traded for Broxton at all. You can never have enough pitching but you would think that a lefted handed bat would make a hell of a lot more sense than Broxton

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, They got a really good pitcher he would help any pen, but why? They have a ton of relief pitching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    You had an attitude before a trade was ever made. You were gonna hate this trade no matter what relief pitcher they brought in.

They fixed a huge need for this year, risked nothing for next year or the future. We have a third basemen. We have first basemen. There is no where for Cox to play and right now, Cox has low value, He's hitting .254 and only 9 home runs. He's lacking of the power needed to play 3rd/1st. People thought it would develop in the minors and in his 2 seasons it hasn't improved.

We addressed a way to help us win this year and we are still in great position to win next year. Besides that we still have plenty to trade if we want to bring in a starter for the next season.
    Mujica probably isn't worth a first round pick. He might pitch well for us, but idk. I think that cox projected out to be an OK 2B, even though he was playing 3B and an everyday player has exponentially more value than a reliever. He probably got traded because he was a college guy that still hasn't put it all together. But if it gets us to the post season I would be ok with this. Everyone in the central is gearing up today except the Cardinals. Every other team in the running in the NL central did something significant at the deadline, so I doubt this minor move helps at all.
    St. Louis Cardinals
    St. Louis Blues
    Miami Heat
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bpmd2k View Post
    Mujica probably isn't worth a first round pick. He might pitch well for us, but idk. I think that cox projected out to be an OK 2B, even though he was playing 3B and an everyday player has exponentially more value than a reliever. He probably got traded because he was a college guy that still hasn't put it all together. But if it gets us to the post season I would be ok with this. Everyone in the central is gearing up today except the Cardinals. Every other team in the running in the NL central did something significant at the deadline, so I doubt this minor move helps at all.
    The problem is, where can we upgrade? The only place in is the bullpen.

We can't improve the offense at all, the team just needs to hit better in certain situations but that's on them.

Our starters can't get much better, even if we traded for another we would have Garcia coming back or even if he doesn't Kelly is pitching well enough we can get to the playoffs with him.

The bullpen has 1 flaw, the middle innings. We have been horrid in the 6th and 7th. Salas and Zep have been pitching much better, Browning has been a nice surprise and Fuentes could very well turn out to be a great pick up for a released player.

They have addressed the pen with Mujica and Fuentes. Salas and Zep are improved greatly from how they started. Boggs and Motte have been solid all year.

We traded away a talented guy in Cox but it's not coming together for him very quick, he's probably a solid year from the majors at least. He is very replaceable.

vCash
    Sometimes a small move is more of an impact then landing a big name and giving up top prospects. I'll take Mujica, he's a solid reliever from the right side. He'll definitely help us.

vCash
    Rangers just landed Dempster

vCash
    Meh

I don't hate it but I don't like it. The dude gives up a **** ton of homers but hopefully Busch helps

vCash
    Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
    #Royals acquire AAA Lefty Donnie Joseph and AA righty JC Sulbaran for Broxton. #Reds

Michael Wacha