Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like wandy a lot, I hope we get him.
    Pitches Thrown: 239 Strikes: 145
    15.1 INN 9 K 4 BB
    1 W 1 L 0.59ERA
    Joe "The Bunter" Kelly

vCash
    Been a lot of talks about cards having possible interests in Edison Volquez, I'm okay with the idea but I don't think he's the answer to our needs this year

vCash
    We've been scouting the padres pretty hard and they are scouting our minor leagues. I think we are getting ready to make a deal for Joe thatcher and then make a deal for Wandy Rodriguez and Myers. That would solve the whole pen

Also according to strauss we are talking to Lohse about an extension or talking of trying to extend him, something id like to see. He's been very good here when healthy from his forearm issue, a lot of us forget how good he's really been because his numbers are skewed by injuries

vCash
    Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is getting reports that the Cardinals are going to land Fuentes.

vCash
    I actually got a news feed that said that same thing that the Cards were "closing in on" fuentes. Good deal. Always like him and now we will have our other lefty veteran.

vCash
    Before May 27th

2.84 ERA with a .222 batting average against after 19 appearances for Fuentes

After

0-2 record, a 19.50 ERA and a .452 opponents batting average. In 7 outings

Unless the guy is hurt there's no reason he couldn't regain his form, he needs some confidence and maybe something they didn't catch in Oakland has happened with his mechanics but he could be an asset to this team if he finds his form

vCash
    Also, worth throwing out before the break the Yankees, Blue Jays and White Soxs were scouting us in St.Louis before we left St. Louis and they followed us to Cincy last night. So there is someone they are interested in

vCash
    We've signed Fuentes to a minor league deal

vCash
    They are probably trying to get craig from us lol. No thanks.

vCash
    The only guys I would be willing to part ways with on the current roster is Matt Carpenter, Skippy, Greene, and any of our relievers that don't include Boggs or Motte..Maybe Westbrook, Kelly or Lynn depending on what we get offered..We would have to get a starter in any deal that includes any of our starters..It is sounding like the Cardinals are willing to part ways with Miller and Adams as well so it can get intresting..I am hoping to get at least one starter and a couple of good relievers or maybe 2 good starters and move kelly or Lynn in a LR role..

vCash
    I'm not okay with trading Skip or Matt Carpenter. Both add way to much value and injury protection.

If Freese would get hurt we would have Descalso starting at 3B over a traded Carpenter. Or if Jay get's hurt again we would have Shane Robinson over Skip.

Are Skip and Carpenter gonna be hall of famers? No, not by an stretch but they are both good MLB bats and are better hitter than the replacements. Also we only carry 3 true outfielders (Holliday, Jay, Beltran). Much of our team is built around guys like Carpenter and Craig being able to play both first base and outfield

We would down grade our bench completely by giving us those 2 players.

Greene I would give up, he's had his chance again and failed at it. Westbrook I'd give up but for a solid starter in return, I don't know why we would trade him though, he's been pretty solid outside that stretch of 5 starts or so where he's been horrible. Moving him just doens't make sense though, why would a team trade us their worst starter for our worst starter and a better question why would we want thier worst starter and why they want ours lol.

Kelly for sure, If we got the right offer, though Kelly has shown great ability to pitch out of jams. So he might be an interesting pen option.

Lynn, I'm not trading. We need all the good starters or relievers we can get.

I also wouldn't trade Salas, Zep,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Also, worth throwing out before the break the Yankees, Blue Jays and White Soxs were scouting us in St.Louis before we left St. Louis and they followed us to Cincy last night. So there is someone they are interested in
    Yankee's look like they are going to need to replace Granderson and or Swisher sometime in the next couple of years. They were probably looking at all of ours, from Craig, Robinson and Jay. Sox were probably looking to unload Hudson and the Blue Jays may be looking to get as much as possible for Encanarcion while he's hot. That or they were trying to throw Papa Rasmus off their scent and ditch him somewhere near Forrest park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salto View Post
    Yankee's look like they are going to need to replace Granderson and or Swisher sometime in the next couple of years. They were probably looking at all of ours, from Craig, Robinson and Jay. Sox were probably looking to unload Hudson and the Blue Jays may be looking to get as much as possible for Encanarcion while he's hot. That or they were trying to throw Papa Rasmus off their scent and ditch him somewhere near Forrest park.
    lol. I can't honestly see the cards trading Craig or Jay.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were scouting Lynn, Boggs though

vCash
    I can't see us trading zep... He's the only thing remaining from the Colby trade. He's still got plenty of potential

vCash
    I just asked on the Yankee forum who they thought they were scouting, and they said Craig and Molina. Lol is alli could say.

Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast