Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Oh hey saw Brewers are ready to sell?!!! What do you think of bringing in Rickie Weeks? I wouldn't mind it at all. Allthough I know our offense is fine but Rickie would be sweet to have.

vCash
    I would love to have Weeks.
    Furcal
    Craig
    Holliday
    Beltran
    Freese
    Molina
    Weeks
    Jay
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    I'd keep it at...

Furcal
    Jay
    Holliday
    Beltran
    Berkman
    Freese
    Molina
    Weeks

But it won't happen. Would be awesome though.

vCash
    Weeks would be fine as long as he's 2009-2011 weeks. He's been awful this year. I'd much rather have Skip's .317 average (.394 obp) than Weeks' .210 (.313). Weeks' power is definitely something I'd enjoy, though.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Dont see us going for weeks lol

I think Johnson is possible. I kinda want shields more just for the simple fact with Johnson every time it feels like he could get injured.

vCash
    I believe a year ago today was the Rasmus trade

vCash
    Wow, that's crazy. I still remember sitting at my computer on twitter and watching updates roll through about the trade, I was refreshing every 10 seconds lol

vCash
    One NL GM on Johnson "they want a ton for him"

Another reason I think Shields is the way to go. Innings eater, solid number 2. Signed for next to years (team options), healthy.

Shields will be expensive but not the ink Johnson is and probably a bit cheaper

vCash
    Yeah same here. I got an alert from bleacher report on my phone while at work. Wasn't too excited but didn't hate it either. I like it now tho lol

Also fwiw, I like shields more than JJ too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    One NL GM on Johnson "they want a ton for him"

Another reason I think Shields is the way to go. Innings eater, solid number 2. Signed for next to years (team options), healthy.

Shields will be expensive but not the ink Johnson is and probably a bit cheaper
    Yeah, they are said to want a 'Tex' like return (the Braves-Rangers trade) which is laughable. He will be staying put if that is what they expect for him.

I would be willing to give up 3 of our top 100 specs, and the only one I wouldn't trade is Taveras.

The rest would be available, pick any three and then we would counter back and forth on which three (not Miller, Martinez, and Wong for example) but maybe Miller, Jenkins, and Adams (outside top 100).

vCash
    Jim Bowden of ESPN tweeted that Garza is shut down until after Trade Deadline and probably won't be traded until the offseason. So now more teams will be going after the other top end available SP. The market has narrowed down and the prices probably just rose.
    Last edited by cards7; 07-27-2012 at 12:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yeah, they are said to want a 'Tex' like return (the Braves-Rangers trade) which is laughable. He will be staying put if that is what they expect for him.

I would be willing to give up 3 of our top 100 specs, and the only one I wouldn't trade is Taveras.

The rest would be available, pick any three and then we would counter back and forth on which three (not Miller, Martinez, and Wong for example) but maybe Miller, Jenkins, and Adams (outside top 100).
    We have 2 untouchable players IMO. Tavares because he's a special talent and Wong simply because we have no real replacement for him coming through the minors. He will be a good MLB second basemen, not an all star but a .300 hitter, .350 OBP, good defense, not great but good. He could be the stability we have been looking for at 2B the next 6-7 years. I would definitely trade Wong for a productive 2B with a few years left from a team trying to shed salary or something. But not a starting pitcher, the position needs stability.

I'd trade miller or Martinez but not in the same deal. I'd definitely do the package of Miller, jenkins and Adams.

wong is untouchable though IMO unless we are getting a second basemen who will be here the next 3 years. Not willing to deal him for a starting pitcher who will be here 1 and 1/2 seasons and is injury prone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Jim Bowden of ESPN tweeted that Garza is shut down until after Trade Deadline and probably won't be traded until the offseason. So now more teams will be going after the other top end available SP.
    Will boost trade value of Greinke, Shields, dempster and Johnson.

vCash
    "marlins are asking teams for their top 2 or 3 prospects for Johnson in every trade scenario"

vCash
    That price is way too absurd for a guy with an injury history. Considering they traded Ramirez for basically 2 bags of balls and a hitting tee.

Miller,Adams,Cox is all I would give up for JJ which I have mentioned, same package for Shields as well but I would also want Beckham back in that deal.

I was on another forum yesterday and a RedSox fan suggested Beckett for one of either Miller, Martinez, Jenkins and two B level prospects.

The only one I would consider would be Jenkins, oh and he said any reliever we wanted and a RH bat as well.

Jenkins for Beckett and Bard? He also said Boston would ship in 7 million a year to cover Becketts salary and I laughed at that. Sorry but Beckett is not the same pitcher he was 2,3 years ago.

You either get JJ or Shields or nobody. No way you move and over pay with valuable pieces for an arm in the pen unless its Chris Perez.