Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 194 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This could get intresting..I wonder who they want or if they are looking at some guys in the minors and are looking for a guy that is already on the MLB roster to seal the deal...Maybe Matt Carp..It can't be a starter they are looking for if they have been at every game..There is no way they are parting ways with Cano so no Craig getting moved.

vCash
    I doubt a deal happens, but Garza to the Cards makes a ton of sense really, or I'd think anyways.

vCash
    Yankees are probably scouting us in the event that we are either sellers or we are part of a three team or multiteam deal. Yanks might be scouting Lohse, Jay, and Craig. Yanks have been looking for a SP and a replacement for Brett Gardner. The Yankees are not a suitable trading partner for us so I can't see anything in the works besides the yankees preparing just in case we are selling or if we could be part of a three team deal.

vCash
    In a hypothetical world, yes it would make sense for the Cardinals, basically any team, to try to get Garza. Garza will not be going to the Cardinals. That would be stupid for the Cubs to give a team controlled top of the rotation pitcher to their chief division rivals. Garza is probably going to be dealt to an AL team. Boston is targeting Garza pretty hard from what I've read.
    Last edited by cards7; 07-21-2012 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind taking Nova! That would be sweet to get him.

vCash
    Jon Heyman of CBS Sports says the Dempster "sweepstakes" is down to the Braves, Nationals, and Cardinals. Dodgers appear to want Garza instead because he wouldn't be a rental. Can't see the Cardinals getting Dempster. Cubs seem to want 2 pitching prospects in return for him. Plus he would be a rental pitcher.

Nova is an interesting idea, but I don't think the Yanks are dealing SP and from all indications they want to add a SP. Yanks main focus it seems is to find a replacement for Brett Gardner and I guess Swisher is banged up as well.

vCash
    Don't think they have anything we'd be interested in other that their starters. If they want craig they'd better give up a starter for sure. I don't think we will trade craig nor any significant player on our team. I wouldn't be surprised if we land dempster though.

vCash
    Brett Myers just got dealt to the White Sox for a few minor leaguers. Eliminates that option for the Cardinals.

vCash
    Dempster isn't a for sure rental, he could very well sign an extension as part of a trade anywhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Yankees are probably scouting us in the event that we are either sellers or we are part of a three team or multiteam deal. Yanks might be scouting Lohse, Jay, and Craig. Yanks have been looking for a SP and a replacement for Brett Gardner. The Yankees are not a suitable trading partner for us so I can't see anything in the works besides the yankees preparing just in case we are selling or if we could be part of a three team deal.
    Loshe has a No Trade Clause in his contract.. And why would they want to trade their most effective starter? Craig isnt going anywhere either..
    I wouldnt mind a run at Victorino if it looks like Jay has more serious shoulder issues limiting his play.

vCash
    Victorino would cost a **** ton.... they are looking for several top specs. good luck with that philly lol

sad we didn't get Myers.... pretty much looks like the White sox stole that trade IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    Loshe has a No Trade Clause in his contract.. And why would they want to trade their most effective starter? Craig isnt going anywhere either..
    I wouldnt mind a run at Victorino if it looks like Jay has more serious shoulder issues limiting his play.
    I wasn't suggesting that the Cardinals would and they (the team and Lohse) probably won't. We've been speculating who might the Yanks be scouting and why seeing they've been around the Cardinals the past 2 weeks. God forbid if we fade but if we do I wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks asked about Lohse. Yes, Lohse has a NTC, but hypothetically if Mo feels that he could get the right offer he might ask Lohse if he would like a trade. He is in a walk year and could be just a rental player for the Yanks and very well resign here. But we won't be sellersray:

vCash
    Mo said before game we will be buyers.

I don't think becoming sellers was every really a realistic thought though, not with who's on the roster, to much offense and starting pitching not to be

vCash
    Mo says he doesn't think a starter is a necessity. I have to disagree. We have no clue of Garcia will be back, we don't know how Lynn will handle all the innings by August and September. And Kelly has been a walk machine and been quite lucky to get out of them.

Now I'm not saying we need an ace or even a top 3 pitcher, but we at least need a 4/5, who is not Edison Volquez. That or he better really get the pen strong because they could end up pitching a lot of innings

vCash
    We definitely won't be sellers. Yeah I think the asking prices for SP is probably way too high right now which probably gave Mo some room to float to the media the possibility that we might only be able to land relievers. I think Mo has some room to not land a starter and just trade for RP but not enough, and it would be wise to get a SP. There are too many question marks with our rotation which would facilitate trading for a SP. Ultimately I think Mo will trade for a SP but right now the prices are probably way too high right now.

Page 10 of 194 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast