Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295
Results 4,411 to 4,422 of 4422
    I can't see the new Marlins ownership parting ways with Stanton seeing that he is the face of their franchise. They will need him for at least the start of their first year as owners. They probably would like to shed his contract sometime next season. At the earliest he gets traded next trade deadline. Most likely will get traded the winter after next season.

Ozuna and/or Yelich should be fair game in the meantime.

Rosenthal is getting a 2nd opinion for is elbow ligament issue... these matters don't usually end well

Rosenthal needs TJS... that sucks

Josh Lucas sent down and Ryan Sheriff called up and added to the 40 man with Rosey moving to the 60 day DL.

I assume he gets non-tendered for next year. No sense in paying 8-10 million to a guy who will MAYBE pitch the last month or two of the season.

Too bad they didn't trade him by the deadline..

Don't look now, but Tommy Pham is having one of the better seasons in baseball this year.

Same with Wong... he's a top 10 guy at 2B imo

Trade for: Donaldson and Stanton.

Dondaldson: Gyroko + Piscotty

Stanton: Alcantara + O'Neil/Bader + Hudson

Trade Fowler to whoever he'd be interested in going to. If no where, I suppose hold onto him for another year.

1. Carpenter - 1B
    2. Pham - CF
    3. Fowler - LF
    4. Stanton - RF
    5. Donaldson - 3B
    6. Molina - C
    7. Dejong - SS
    8. Wong - 2B

Bench
    Jose Martinez - OF
    Luke Voit - 1B
    Greg Garcia - INF
    Carson Kelly - C
    Patrick Wisdom - INF
    Randal Grichuk - OF

SP
    Carlos Martinez
    Luke Weaver
    Alex Reyes
    Michael Wacha
    Jack Flaherty

Bull Pen
    Matt Bowman
    John Brebbia
    Tyler Lyons
    Brett Cecil (Puke, hopefully we can replace this)
    Adam Wainwright
    Juan Nicasio (Again, hopefully we can replace this)

Obviously some other small moves, but overall, I think it's very possible. Our line up would be much more potent, starting pitching would be better, assuming Reyes comes back healthy and Flaherty learns a bit more. Bull pen needs a little work, but that may be able to be handled in FA.

I'm pretty optimistic for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Just get Donaldson. Not sure we can take on 2 big contracts but I like the idea

The front office needs to go to fowler and ask if there are any contenders he'd be willing to be traded to that need OF help, i.e. the mets, angels, or even royals or nats.

If he says yes, try and dump his salary. If he says no, he's still very valuable playing LF and I'm fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Trade for: Donaldson and Stanton.

Dondaldson: Gyroko + Piscotty

Stanton: Alcantara + O'Neil/Bader + Hudson

Trade Fowler to whoever he'd be interested in going to. If no where, I suppose hold onto him for another year.

1. Carpenter - 1B
    2. Pham - CF
    3. Fowler - LF
    4. Stanton - RF
    5. Donaldson - 3B
    6. Molina - C
    7. Dejong - SS
    8. Wong - 2B

Bench
    Jose Martinez - OF
    Luke Voit - 1B
    Greg Garcia - INF
    Carson Kelly - C
    Patrick Wisdom - INF
    Randal Grichuk - OF

SP
    Carlos Martinez
    Luke Weaver
    Alex Reyes
    Michael Wacha
    Jack Flaherty

Bull Pen
    Matt Bowman
    John Brebbia
    Tyler Lyons
    Brett Cecil (Puke, hopefully we can replace this)
    Adam Wainwright
    Juan Nicasio (Again, hopefully we can replace this)

Obviously some other small moves, but overall, I think it's very possible. Our line up would be much more potent, starting pitching would be better, assuming Reyes comes back healthy and Flaherty learns a bit more. Bull pen needs a little work, but that may be able to be handled in FA.

I'm pretty optimistic for next year.
    I came in to post something similar.

But I bet we can keep Nicasio for something like 2/24 or 3/36, and if that is the case, then I'd like to hang onto him.

I think a Donaldson trade is realistic actually, especially if Gyroko is included. But, that creates gaps for us after 2018 at 3B, considering Gyroko is under control through 2019, 2020 club option.

Donaldson's age and control make him not all that desirable. But, say Gyroko plus maybe Sierra and a pitching prospect is not unrealistic, and really improves us next year.

Donaldson makes perfect sense.

Hopefully the Jays realize the Red Sox and Yankees are miles ahead of them right now and will let him go

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I came in to post something similar.

But I bet we can keep Nicasio for something like 2/24 or 3/36, and if that is the case, then I'd like to hang onto him.

I think a Donaldson trade is realistic actually, especially if Gyroko is included. But, that creates gaps for us after 2018 at 3B, considering Gyroko is under control through 2019, 2020 club option.

Donaldson's age and control make him not all that desirable. But, say Gyroko plus maybe Sierra and a pitching prospect is not unrealistic, and really improves us next year.
    I personally think Patrick Wisdom should get a shot eventually at 3B for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.