Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 288 of 295 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4416
  1. #4306
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I bet they could get 1 top 75-100 guy for him. He's an inning eater who keeps you in the game. I think he's a very solid #2/3.

    But if you aren't getting someones 2nd or 3rd best prospect back, keep him and get the draft pick when he walks
    Pick would be around the 25th best pick in the draft next year. Also helps with the bonus pool

  2. #4307
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1
    It irritates me to see all the lies and smoke screens baseball writers put out about the big name players the Cards are interested in. Say Stanton or even J.D. Martinez for instance. This organization has not spent the money on a big name player that didn't already play for the Cardinals since McGwire that I can remember. I wish they would get off the pipe and quit getting Cardinal nation excited when our organization isnt talking to these teams about these players. They will not do anything that will be worth watching the news to see. If we get a hitter I expect another average to above average affordable player if we are lucky.

  3. #4308
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    8,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's time to sell
    agreed. 6.5 out of the division and 7.5 or wild card.

    And it's clearly a sellers market. most teams are looking to buy right now with few actually selling

  4. #4309
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Qualifying offer picks aren't usually top 100 prospects.


    right. But they are younger and you have a bigger pool to select from of someone who is more likely to be what i said than what a team currently has of those players.

  5. #4310
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    28,858
    Trade away Carp, Piscotty, Grichuk, (Wong, Gyroko, Lynn, Rosey, Oh at the deadline)

    Carp, Piscotty, Grichuk in the offseason. Make a trade for Stanton ; Bader, Weaver, Alcantara. Then buy Machado.

    All of this AFTER we fire MM

    1B-Voit
    2B-DeJong
    3B-Wisdom
    SS-Machado
    LF-Fowler
    CF-Pham
    RF-Stanton
    C-Molina

    1-Fowler
    2-Pham
    3-Machado
    4-Stanton
    5-Voit
    6-DeJong
    7-Molina
    8-Wisdom


    Although, it probably has to be either Stanton or Machado...

    Staff
    Martinez
    Reyes
    Wacha
    Leake
    Flaherty

    and idk about that bullpen, but it needs a ridiculous amount of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #4311
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    likely buyers now. cards management cant not look at the standings of a terrible division when making decisions. white sox got a top 30 prospect for the awful todd frazier and robertson. while carp cant play third, at least at an average level, he could net us a top 30 prospect in this market, he wont because he wont be traded and we'll go into december an average team, likely to have missed the playoffs again looking to sign average players because they dont cost prospects to play 3b/lf/rf cause carp is clogging 1b. a middle infield bat batting leadoff at a power/middle of the order position.

  7. #4312
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Trade away Carp, Piscotty, Grichuk, (Wong, Gyroko, Lynn, Rosey, Oh at the deadline)

    Carp, Piscotty, Grichuk in the offseason. Make a trade for Stanton ; Bader, Weaver, Alcantara. Then buy Machado.

    All of this AFTER we fire MM

    1B-Voit
    2B-DeJong
    3B-Wisdom
    SS-Machado
    LF-Fowler
    CF-Pham
    RF-Stanton
    C-Molina

    1-Fowler
    2-Pham
    3-Machado
    4-Stanton
    5-Voit
    6-DeJong
    7-Molina
    8-Wisdom


    Although, it probably has to be either Stanton or Machado...

    Staff
    Martinez
    Reyes
    Wacha
    Leake
    Flaherty

    and idk about that bullpen, but it needs a ridiculous amount of help.



    the Cardinals will NEVER buy a superstar free agent, ever, as long as this ownership is here. Let alone adding Stanton and Machado. Asking them to take Stantons contract which according to Goold is a non-starter and paying close to 400 million for Machado over 10 years is never happening, EVER. which is why this team should be in full fire sale mode trying to get top prospects who could develop into cornerstone players because thats the only way this franchise is going to get one.

  8. #4313
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    8,858
    I still want to sell. Its silly to think that the cubs won't win the division this year

  9. #4314
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    28,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    the Cardinals will NEVER buy a superstar free agent, ever, as long as this ownership is here. Let alone adding Stanton and Machado. Asking them to take Stantons contract which according to Goold is a non-starter and paying close to 400 million for Machado over 10 years is never happening, EVER. which is why this team should be in full fire sale mode trying to get top prospects who could develop into cornerstone players because thats the only way this franchise is going to get one.
    Sadly I know...

    We could trade Gyorko to the Red Sox for a top 30 prospect. They are desperate for one, and we happen to have one of the better ones in the league this year. Cheap option as well. Perfect fit for them.

    Jedd/Carp/Piscotty all need to be traded. They are our best options and will actually net us solid prospects.

    Wong/Rosey/Oh/Lynn should all be traded also, but to make room for others/get them off our team.

    Signing Machado shouldn't be toooooo out of the realm of a possibility. Trading for Stanton might be more far fetched.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  10. #4315
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I still want to sell. Its silly to think that the cubs won't win the division this year


    you have to look at who is running this team and who they answer too. You only give Yadi that ridiculous contract if all you care about is nostalgia and money. the mythical war chest is never being cracked open, okay it will slowly over time to raise the team payroll as salaries rise but its never going to be used in an impact way.

  11. #4316
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    8,858
    To be fair, they spent the 3rd most amount in free agency this past off season (not that it's worked out)

  12. #4317
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    To be fair, they spent the 3rd most amount in free agency this past off season (not that it's worked out)

    too be fair, FA was garbage, Cecil might have been the best FA from that class. Cards have spent money on Cecil, Fowler and Leake the last two year. Color me not impressed considering what they could've spent on two years ago and even last December. Needed to find power somewhere with the power we had leaving, did not even address it because Carp is a stick in the mud and never being moved, so that limited our options so we went with another average player and paid him a lot.

  13. #4318
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    8,858
    don't complain that they don't spend money in FA when they just spent 200 million the last two years... just because you don't like the signings doesn't mean they didn't spend the money lol

  14. #4319
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1

    Time To Be Honest Here In St. Louis / Time To Trade

    I do not usually post to forums but could not take it after reading this forum year after year and seeing the same conversation taking place each and every year. In the off season it is always the die hard loyal fans saying this is the year that the Cardinals make a splash in free agency, only to disappoint once again. The season starts with all of the overpriced players that they hang there hat on because it is the Cardinal way, and once again that disappoints. The trade deadline nears and here we go again as fans, will the Cards make the trade to make us better for the year or maybe the next five years, we wind up with somebody nobody has heard of or a washed name that management thinks will fill the empty promises made to the fans, and yes that disappoints.

    The season comes closing to an end, the cards are within striking distance and the most loyal fans in baseball pile into Busch Stadium 3.5 million strong holding on the their dream, the Cardinals will pull of a season like 2006 and sneak into the playoffs with 83 wins and catch lightning in a bottle. It does not happen, but the winter meetings are near, we still have hope for next year as the loyalists go.

    Nothing will ever change with this organization until the fans demand that the Cards be better than a possible, maybe playoff team, start holding the team owners and management to higher expectations as paying fans, and demand that one of the top 5 drawing teams in all of baseball spend some money. The old Cardinal way has faded away, it is time to step up to the plate and start putting a Championship caliber team on the field, THE FANS DESERVE IT WITH THE WAY THEY SUPPORT THIS TEAM! Prospects do not win Championships, MLB Caliber players do. Name the last 3 Cardinal Prospects that are making an All Star impact in the league right now.

    Reyes Hurt - Martinez Depends on if he shows up - Carpenter Average Player - Bader will play in the minors for 5 years unless he is up and down due to injuries on the team - Diaz a flash in the pan that helped keep us mediocre last year - Piscotty one good year lock him up and hope - Grichuk a BUST - Wong inconsistent but pay him so the fans think we are doing something - Carson Kelly will be 30 before Molina is done playing- The list goes on and on!

    Step up to the plate, unload what you have to unload and go get Stanton and Yelich PERIOD.
    Trade Lynn, bring up Weaver - Trade Carpenter for young talent put Molina at first he can still be a leader, bring up Kelly, Trade Wong and give Dejong at a shot at second - Trade Pham while he is hot he hates the Cards for sending him up and down and will not sign here anyway and he is not a 300 Hitter 25 HR's - Throw Grichuck in any deal for an Draft Pick or Minor League Player, Trade Oh he is not coming back, Give Rosenthal the option to wanna close or trade him he is not a starter. If you have to trade Reyes and Bader, do it, If you do not bring up Kelly Trade him.

    It is time for the ownership to stop playing the shell game, and the fans that fill the stadium and make this the number 3 watched team on TV to demand more than a possible playoff team and demand and championship caliber team. August Busch had pride and wanted to win, the Cards have money spend it, Matheny has been successful because of the team he inherited, as the team has gotten older or left he struggles. No more excuses get a leader! And I like Fowler, but the only reason he is here is because he was the only option left and if they had not signed somebody cards nation would have exploded. Fowler is a nice piece, but was not the big bat they needed and was never going to put this team over the top. He had Piscotty and Carpenter numbers, not Cespedes, Stanton or Machado numbers. A lot of money came off of the books last year and this year, spend or draw like a small market team - Just My Opinion

  15. #4320
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    don't complain that they don't spend money in FA when they just spent 200 million the last two years... just because you don't like the signings doesn't mean they didn't spend the money lol

    yes spending on players not making an impact because when it comes to impact players, they arent going to cough up the dough. i said they'l spend because salaries dictate they'll have to but it wont be anything to write home about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •