Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Do you guys think the Cards and WSox could match up in a deal for Matt Carpenter?
    Doubtful. Carpenter is extremely valuable to the organization. He's a very good hitter and we have had major injuries in 3 of the 4 positions he plays (RF/1B/3B). He's also getting time at 2B.

So he is to valuable to trade from here at this point, so doubt there's any chance he is traded

vCash
    Kind of thought that, but wasn't sure.

vCash
    I, neither, would have much interest in trading away Matt Carpenter. His bat came alive last year and he was able to produce at a very nice level at the plate.
    How he fares at 2nd base, is yet to be seen, but he's undoubtedly very important to us.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Marlins fan posted this on MLB trade rumors site talking about Marlins trading for Stanton..

"As a Marlins fan, I would prefer a package of Taveras, Rosenthal, Martinez, Adams, and either 2 more power arms (maybe Joe Kelly and a minor league bullpen guy) or 1 power arm and an infielder (maybe Mat Carpenter?). "

What a crack up... Why not the whole farm system for one player?

vCash
    10 Most Overrated Players in Major League Baseball

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...aseball/page/4
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    I don't get how Motte is on an over rated list?

What they are saying is true about hitters making to much contact with his fastball but its not like he's been hyped as the best closer in baseball or anyone is talking about how amazing he is all the time? So how do you over rate someone who across the board of major league closers may be a little underated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    Marlins fan posted this on MLB trade rumors site talking about Marlins trading for Stanton..

"As a Marlins fan, I would prefer a package of Taveras, Rosenthal, Martinez, Adams, and either 2 more power arms (maybe Joe Kelly and a minor league bullpen guy) or 1 power arm and an infielder (maybe Mat Carpenter?). "

What a crack up... Why not the whole farm system for one player?
    Take out Taveres and add 1 power arm, like Joe Kelly, and I'd do it
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Even with Tavares removed from the deal & with the inclusion of Joe Kelly and, perhaps, Kolten Wong, this is a deal the Cardinals should pass on. The disruption of the club's future is too risky to allow this kind of deal to come to fruition...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Even with Tavares removed from the deal & with the inclusion of Joe Kelly and, perhaps, Kolten Wong, this is a deal the Cardinals should pass on. The disruption of the club's future is too risky to allow this kind of deal to come to fruition...

Didn't you want us to trade taveras and miller for Cabrera

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    [/B]

Didn't you want us to trade taveras and miller for Cabrera
    hmmm..either too lazy to look up the trade.. or the "convenience" of your memory is now laced with prejudice...

Oscar Taveras, as the Cardinals # 1 prospect was included.. as was Francisco Lindor, the Indians # 1 prospect. Most baseball fans will agree that a premium defensive position (CF, SS, C, 3B etc) manned by an "uber" prospect has a higher value than other spots on the diamond. That's not the case in St Louis where it was stated by a poster on this site that Oscar Taveras was more valuable.. He was wrong..and remains so..

The deal you speak of was presented under the premise that the Cardinals were not looking to solve their SS problems for only the 2013 season. The Cardinals were looking to solve the problem for a much longer time frame. That's where the Cardinals get:

-Asdrubal Cabrera SS, an All Star SS and impact hitter at a premium position who is under contract for two years..

-Vinnie Pestano RP, one of the best if not thee best set up men in the AL and under team control for five years..

-Francisco Lindor SS, the Indians # 1 prospect and best SS in MiLB not named Profar and under team control for six or seven years..

..thereby covering the SS spot for the Cardinals for up to 8 or 9 years.. Not a bad situation to have and one that almost EVERY ML GM COVETS. Oh..and if the Cards needed someone who could play 2B or 3B, Asdrubal remains more than qualified to do so and he'd still be better than ANYONE the cards currently have for the spot.. The responses from this forum regarding the posting were, how shall I put it, so full of their own virtue that they nearly drowned in their own vomit.. In effect, the responses were typical of most of the posters on this site.. uninformed and lacking any substance. As far as Shelby Miller is concerned.. he was never a part of the proposed deal nor should he have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post

That is a laughably horrible list. Wow.

that was really really bad.

vCash
    The only player on that list I remotely agree with is Ubaldo
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post

Even though the list is horrible... a lot of the writers assumptions were due to the players performance at the start of last season. (as this is from April 11th, 2012).

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Having Tavaras and Stanton in the outfield together and in the line up...we have our 3-4 hitters for the next 10 years. We have an enormous amount of depth at the Pitcher position through out the system, giving up a couple arms will not kill us by any means. And I would not add Wong to that. Kelly, Martinez (could be a stud) Adams (could have a lot of power for them) and Rosey (could be a good starter, don't really know) is all I'd offer up. Would they take it? Probably not. If they would take it? Then you know what? We come out on top with that. Give up quality depth and gain a absolute stud in the making

vCash
    Cards and Rockies have been kicking the tires on Tulo according to Strauss, ESPN and FSN Denver. Yahoo sport I guess posted it yesterday or so ago. Got this info from another forum (dont shoot). Cards are really the only team that has enough money to coming off the books and specs to get a deal done. I do not expect anything before the trade deadline at the earliest. But at most I am thinking Martinez,Kelly, Adams for Tulo and that is if they throw in cash ever year on the remainder of his contract. Not many if any teams outside of STL can take on his contract so COL really has no leverage. If they are not willing to eat some of that contract. Then Wacha, Kelly, and Adams is the best they get, maybe give them a Cleto and Sanchez to top it off.