Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 216 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Being reported that Dempster to Braves is done. The Cubs get a pitcher named Delgado who one reporter said will be a 15 game winner by 2014. Sounds like we lost out on a good pitcher and now the Cubs have a good young pitcher. Goody lol

vCash
    Cardinals weren't going to get Dempster. Braves were his second choice behind the Dodgers and I am sure our price for his services was a lot higher than the price the Braves eventually paid. Mo stated that he wouldn't mind trading within the division only if it didn't cost us key prospects, and in this case it probably would have. Also he is a rental pitcher which wouldn't be wise to trade for either.

Garza to Dodgers trade talks seem to be heating up too. Cubs are looking to land high level pitching prospects.

vCash
    So according to the Ryan Dempster foundation twitter, which people are making sound like it's really his foundations page they are claiming there is no trade. Interesting lol

vCash
    https://twitter.com/RyanDempsterFDN/...85158197043200

THERE IS NO TRADE dont know where this info came from!

vCash
    Several reports still have him gettin ready for tonight's game vs Pittsburgh. Wonder if he's gonna veto it?

vCash
    I think the Braves were on Dempsters' list... which makes this situation weird.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    I think the whole close, hour-by-hour, watch by the media on the trade situation probably has made it a little uncomfortable on all sides involved. Maybe Dempster wants to dress one more time as a Cub wave goodbye and accept the trade after the game. I am sure he isn't going to accept the trade until he gets his family situation in order seeing that he has special family considerations and he has to put that first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    I think the whole close, hour-by-hour, watch by the media on the trade situation probably has made it a little uncomfortable on all sides involved. Maybe Dempster wants to dress one more time as a Cub wave goodbye and accept the trade after the game. I am sure he isn't going to accept the trade until he gets his family situation in order seeing that he has special family considerations and he has to put that first.
    fully agree

vCash
    Would Matt Adams be a potential piece in a Vargas and League deal?

Allen Craig would be what I want from you guys, but not for Vargas obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Would Matt Adams be a potential piece in a Vargas and League deal?

Allen Craig would be what I want from you guys, but not for Vargas obviously.
    Vargas and League for Adams and anything else would be a horrible trade for us. Vargas has given up 25 home runs this year doesn't really have a great strike out rate, If he could lower his home run total he could be a pretty good pitcher. The only thing he really would add to our team would be an effective innings eater.

But the way it stands he isn't any better than Kelly. He's not an upgrade, he's a lateral move.

as for Brandon League, He is pretty useless to us. He isn't anything better than what we have, he's probably worse even than what we have, he has 6 blown saves this year, has 42.1 IP but has given up 41 hits. So basically at hit an inning. 18 walks to 25 Ks isn't good at all, and teams are hitting .271 against him. It doesn't help us at all.

Plus Adams is a top prospects who projects to big a very good big league hitter, a potential all star with big power, It's yet to be seen if he will have home run power or gap doubles power. Either way he is going to become a really good middle of the line up hitter who drives in a bunch of RBIs. It makes no sense to trade him for a couple of players that we already have better versions of.

This isn't directed as an issue with you. We just get this a lot in here, people who want guys like Craig or Adams or Miller and offer just complete useless players to us.

They are serviceable MLB players but they don't help us.

vCash
    Yeah if we are going to take a chance on Vargas we might as well bring up Shelby Miller instead who's gave up less homers in AAA.

We probably won't trade for a starter though.

vCash
    While we are on the topic of the Mariners, They just traded Ichiro to the Yankees it's been reported by the YES network.

Damn, NEVER saw that coming

vCash
    And now Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante to the Tigers. I love the trade deadline. I wonder if Pujols is thanking god he didn't sign with the Marlins. Nothing like a Marlins fire sale

vCash
    What is funny about the Ichiro deal is that the Yankees are playing in Seattle tonight. All Ichiro has to do is walk to the other clubhouse. Would be weird to play your old team on same day you were traded in your old home park. Fans should go wild for him though.

vCash
    Also regarding the Marlins, could they be doing a fire sale? I mean in the first year of their ball park I doubt they do, but its worth Mo making atleast a phone call. Maybe we could land a SP or something.