Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 181 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Not a trade but the Cardinals are calling one of their top rated Propects for the bullpen, Trevor Rosenthal. He's listed by many as our 3rd or 4th best prospect behind Miller, Martinez and Jenkins.

Rosenthal throws a hard sinking fastball at about 95, can touch 98 and throws a slider and a change up.

He could be in the rotation next year, so worth paying attention to him.

Personally I think he could become a weapon in the bullpen, the kinda guy you don't wanna face in 7th, 8th or 9th.

Starter wise I see a 3/4
    Last edited by Skippy15; 07-16-2012 at 09:48 AM.

vCash
    I like the move. Kid has alot of potential and he definitely has the stuff to get guys out. Just has to use it in a way that doesn't get him in trouble.

vCash
    Do you think this move was made because some teams might have interest in him in a trade and want to see how he handles the big leagues right now? Besides that thought i'm really excited to see what he can do to settle the bullpen down. Hopefully he has the same luck as lynn did last year.

vCash
    I think a stint with the Cardinals in the bullpen will limit Rosenthals exposure to hitters, but I get the feeling that this is a sign of desperation by the front office in calling Rosenthal up. Mo needs to find some quality bullpen help at the deadline. This move helps buy some time but losing leads late has been getting really hard to stomach lately.

vCash
    I don't think it's desperation really. I think it's a band aid. It won't fix the bullpen but it can be a piece to help fix permanently with a trade or till a trade happens

vCash
    Yeah i woud think it's just a band aid with a move coming real soon for a righty reliever via trade.

vCash
    I think it could be permanent if he's doing well. I don't think they're trading him (or it's not why he's been called up I mean). I think this is legit trying to find a good arm for the pen in house and not have to trade for more than 1 righty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I think it could be permanent if he's doing well. I don't think they're trading him (or it's not why he's been called up I mean). I think this is legit trying to find a good arm for the pen in house and not have to trade for more than 1 righty
    I completely agree with you and I also think that the Cardinals needed a fresh arm in the pen. Lets hope this kid can show us something

vCash
    If we don't sweep these Brewers, or at least win this series, our season might be cooked. It's that important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    If we don't sweep these Brewers, or at least win this series, our season might be cooked. It's that important.
    You do have to understand that it is still Mid July. We won't be cooked if we dont sweep or win this series. There is a lot of baseball to be played. But we for sure aren't making it easy on ourselves

vCash
    While I dont think standings wise this series is a absolute must but it will be for this teams confidence, trades could also send a rocket up this teams ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaPilo00 View Post
    You do have to understand that it is still Mid July. We won't be cooked if we dont sweep or win this series. There is a lot of baseball to be played. But we for sure aren't making it easy on ourselves
    Oh of course not, but getting swept by the Reds really set us back. More than people might realize.

We have to beat the NLC teams as much as possible. And we need to get as close to 10 games over .500 as possible before July 31st. That should be the teams goal right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Oh of course not, but getting swept by the Reds really set us back. More than people might realize.

We have to beat the NLC teams as much as possible. And we need to get as close to 10 games over .500 as possible before July 31st. That should be the teams goal right now.
    Yeah that for sure set us back but I have confidence in this Cardinal team. They have the skill in place and its super frustrating when they continue to lose by one or deep in the game.

vCash
    Jon Paul Morosi of Fox Sports wrote that the Mariners were scouting Tyrell Jenkins. Besides Jason Vargas, is there anyone else on the Mariners the Cardinals could be targeting?... Brandon League?... Wilhelmson?

vCash
    Seems like a lot of potential for Vargas, if they are going that route they need to look at Wandy, he's a better version of Vargas.

They are also shopping Millwood and Brandon league, league interest me but he has apt of walks to strike outs
    Last edited by Skippy15; 07-17-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Page 5 of 181 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast