Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals Trade Discussion Thread

Put trades and rumors from reputable sources here. I'll put the stuff we already know or that's been said here in the first post.

Let's start with the thing that really put us in the starting pitcher market

http://twitter.com/FSMidwest/status/220264310755168256

#STLCards‬ P Chris Carpenter will not pitch in 2012. Hear from Carp: http://youtu.be/-hw3nqM4Mfw .
    Ken Rosenthal notes while the Cards would be interested according to a source inside the team they are not willing to meet Brewers price on Greinke

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/B...Yankees-070512

Greinke remarked that some of his Brewers teammates didn’t like when Carpenter shouted at hitters from the mound, saying that, “his presence, his attitude out there is sometimes like a phony attitude.”
    So, how is that Greinke trade for the Cardinals looking?

Well, Greinke’s comments wouldn’t necessarily stop the Cardinals from pursuing him, according to one official with knowledge of the team’s thinking. But the Cardinals would not be willing to meet the Brewers’ price, and doubt that the Brewers would even trade Greinke to a division rival, the official said.

Cardinals could have interest in Wandy Rodriguez and Brett Myers of the Astros

Greinke, Hamels and Garza aren’t the only available options, however. The Astros, who are prepared to move left-hander Wandy Rodriguez and right-handed reliever Brett Myers, among others, would appear an obvious partner; their GM, Jeff Luhnow, drafted many of the Cardinals’ top prospects during his tenure in St. Louis.

Cardinals have shown interest in Cubs Matt Garza

http://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/221277906729578498

Teams that scouted Matt Garza last night, sources say: ‪#BlueJays‬, ‪#Indians‬, ‪#Reds‬, ‪#RedSox‬, ‪#DBacks‬, ‪#STLCards‬.
    Garza is probably my personal first choice since he's under control for next season

Cardinals interested in Trading for Fuentes

https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/sta...06615803936768

the ‪#STLCards‬ have some interest in veteran lefty brian fuentes, who the a's are DFA'ed & are trying to trade.
    Quote via MLBTRADERUMORS

The Cardinals are interested in trading for Athletics left-hander Brian Fuentes, reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (via Twitter). Oakland designated the reliever for assignment on Tuesday after he posted a 6.84 ERA with 6.5 K/9 and 3.6 BB/9 in 26 appearances.

The Cardinals currently have two left-handers in their bullpen but could benefit from adding Fuentes to the mix as Marc Rzepczynski (5.52 ERA) has struggled and Barret Browning has only pitched 4.1 innings in his entire Major League career. Fuentes, 37 in August, is in the second year of a two-year, $10.5MM contract he signed following the 2010 season. He'll earn $5MM this year and his contract includes a $6.5MM club option for 2013 ($500K buyout).
    I think the Fuentes deal is likely unless someone else jumps in and snatches him, we seem to have good luck fixing broken pitchers and this guy can be pretty good when he's right

Discuss and put anything else you'd like in here for trades, rumors and what you would like to see the team do.
    Last edited by Skippy15; 07-09-2012 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    I think the Cardinals are going to go after a similar deal like last year with Toronto/White Sox to land a SP and bullpen help which includes a LHP and set up man. Not sure if this will have to be a three team deal to complete it or not. It seems that Wandy and Brett Myers and getting Fuentes would be the cheapest move for the Cardinals, but not sure if this would be best for the club . The new CBA agreement and the inability of getting draft picks in return may make the Cardinals reluctant to trade away top prospects by going after potential rental SP like Hamels or Grienke unless we can turn around and sign them. I'd like to see the Cardinals go after a 2B as well like Aaron Hill if available, but Skip has been playing well enough so far.

vCash
    I'd rather just keep skip, Descalso and Greene at 2B unless a 2B is part of the deal, pitching should be the main focus.

I'd rather take on Wandy than lose the prospects for a Greinke. My first choice is garza but he will be expensicve

vCash
    According to Bruce Levine (ESPN 1000), #Cardinals & #Indians are interested in trading for Ryan Dempster. #Cubs
    Levine is the Cubs beat writer for the local ESPN affiliate in Chicago.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    I'd be completely fine with dempster, I could get used to his annoying glove twist lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I'd be completely fine with dempster, I could get used to his annoying glove twist lol
    He is not in the long term plans for the Cubs as a player so would love for him to get a chance to go back to the playoffs. He has been an absolute trooper doing everything asked by the team from being a closer to a starter. On top of being an absolute stand up guy in the club house and community of Chicago. Could see him coming back to the team in a front office position after he retires.

With that said wonder what the Cards would have to offer to get him.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    What do cubs need most

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    What do cubs need most
    Pitching AA and above. The farm system is really coming together but everything is below AA in terms of pitching. Not much talent pitching wise in AA and AAA.

vCash
    Honestly I think the cards would be willing to deal anyone outside Miller, Tavares, Wong and maybe Martinez, idk what everyone else thinks. We have a ton of uneeded prospects. We have Adams, Cox who are the biggest trade chips since their positions are pretty much blocked by better players

vCash
    I think for Demp they are probably going to be looking for two players with one being pretty good. He has been outstanding this year and was extremely strong in his first start coming back from his lat strain. Cubs are sitting in a really good position with Demp and Garza to trade before the deadline. Doing so also will help them get the number one draft pick for next season also lol.

vCash
    Lol. Idk. Prospects aren't exactly my domaine, Jeffy could probably tell you exactly which propects would be right. He keeps himself very up to date on prospects. I'm thinking a guy like jordan swagerty but he's working his way back from tommy John now

vCash
    good thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    I think for Demp they are probably going to be looking for two players with one being pretty good. He has been outstanding this year and was extremely strong in his first start coming back from his lat strain. Cubs are sitting in a really good position with Demp and Garza to trade before the deadline. Doing so also will help them get the number one draft pick for next season also lol.
    We can mock it.

What specs do you like of the Cards for Demp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    good thread
    Thank you my good sir

vCash
    The St. Louis Post Dispatch has an article today talking about trade talks surrounding San Diego Padres closer Huston Street. San Diego has had scouts at St. Louis and at our minor league affiliates this past week. Would be a good addition to the bullpen but would cost a fair deal. My guess is that if we were to get Street, Lance Lynn would stay in the rotation, but I think it would be best if Lance Lynn were to have some of his starts skipped to make sure he doesn't wear himself down.

Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast