Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Don't know where to put this. But can we for the love of God. Get Taveras some

playing time. I don't know if he pissed in Mikes cheerios or what. But he has been coming along, adjusting very well in the last month or so. Yet every day its Holliday, Jay and PB. I know we won yesterday and in the end that is all that matters. But maybe vs a pitcher who doesnt have gas who lives up stairs (something Taveras likes). We would not have went 5 and 2/3 innings without a hit. Nothing is guaranteed, but I just wonder why, when he produces he is benched and when he struggled early, both times up. He played everyday it seemed. Do they see the #2 prospect in baseball as a career pinch hitter?

vCash
    Preaching to the choir in the forum

vCash
    Maybe you should Tweet Mike Matheny..

vCash
    agreed. For the love of GOD let the kid play! he has been hitting great in August and September.

vCash
    It's not like you can exactly sit Bourjos

The best defensive center fielder in the game has a .817 OPS since July 1

And while Oscar has been improving (.937 OPS in limited action in Sept), he still only has a .667 OPS since Aug 1, and his defense isn't as strong as Bourjos, Jay's and Grichuk's.

Here are the players following numbers since July 1

Taveras - .258/.297/.330
    Bourjos - .304/.360/.457
    Jay - .318/.401/.390
    Grichuk - .333/.351/.389 (only 37 PA, and doesn't include tonight's home run)

And Taveras is the worst defensive player of the group.

It's a struggle to get people playing time AND make certain you win these games. Taveras will probably be playing full time next year, but right now, the team HAS to win.

And I would probably have Bourjos and Jay out there most nights personally.