Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals (71-61) vs Cubs (59-74) Aug 29-31

Friday, August 29, 7:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium

Kyle Hendricks, RHP

Hendricks' streak of six consecutive quality starts ended due to a lengthy rain delay in his last outing. He's allowed just 10 runs in 50 2/3 innings since debuting on July 10.
    Shelby Miller, RHP

Miller was long gone before St. Louis' 12-inning win in Philly on Saturday, but he left with a lead after allowing three runs in six innings. He incorporated a sinker into his repertoire and used the new pitch effectively.
    Saturday, August 30, 1:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium

Felix Doubront, LHP

In his last Minor League rehab outing with Double-A Tennessee, Doubront gave up three earned runs on five hits over 4 1/3 innings. He threw 95 pitches, 59 for strikes, striking out five. He's been on the DL since he was acquired by the Cubs.
    To Be Announced

Saturday, August 30, 7:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium

Tsuyoshi Wada, LHP

Wada held the AL East-leading Orioles to one run on one hit over 6 1/3 innings in his last start, striking out eight. The 33-year-old lefty is making a case for staying with the Cubs next season. He doesn't overpower hitters but has late movement.
    To Be Announced

Sunday, August 31, 1:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium

Travis Wood, LHP

John Lackey, RHP

Lackey has made five starts since joining the Cardinals and he has finished seven innings in three of them. He's been the workhorse the club wanted and he has allowed two or fewer earned runs in four of five appearances.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    ESPN says Masterson is starting the first game of the double-header, but I'll wait until I know for sure.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Two Wrigley Field girls go round the outside... round the outside... round the outside...

Guess who's back... back again...
    YADI'S BACK!!!! TELL A FRIEND!
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Two Wrigley Field girls go round the outside... round the outside... round the outside...

Guess who's back... back again...
    YADI'S BACK!!!! TELL A FRIEND!
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Yadi's Back
    Winner

vCash
    Pretty sad we can't score more runs than 2 against the Cubs..
    #FREECROONER!!!

vCash
    We suck tonight.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Cubs hitting future looks a hell of alot better than the cards. Taveras is a bust. Id take Solar...bryant..or baez easily over Oscar. And look you actually CAN hit hrs in busch. Yet this offense continues to blow. This organization needs to make some offensive changes quick in the offseason.

vCash
    Cubs 4 hrs tonite ....and took the cards 441 at bats to hit 4. Team blows. It really doesnt look good for the future either unless a couple moves are done.

vCash

Cardinals (71-61) vs Cubs (59-74) Aug 29-31

^ go be a Cubs fan then lol

vCash
    agreed... lol

vCash
    I do not like it either. What offense would you rather have at this point of time and in the next couple years? You probably like the punching judy O. Taveras has killed this team. The dude cant hit or play the outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboek View Post
    I do not like it either. What offense would you rather have at this point of time and in the next couple years? You probably like the punching judy O. Taveras has killed this team. The dude cant hit or play the outfield.
    You gotta take the highs with the lows. And in the last 10 years, we've been in the World Series 4 times...won it twice. We've had more than our share of highs, doesn't mean you need to constantly b**** and moan because we're in a "low" (our low is a wildcard spot lol)

This doesn't mean I don't want them to be playing better. I do. I also have patience and confidence in the team and front office that allowed me to see them in 4 World Series the last 10 years.

I don't know, maybe I just have exceptional patience being a dolphins fan and all...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboek View Post
    Cubs hitting future looks a hell of alot better than the cards. Taveras is a bust. Id take Solar...bryant..or baez easily over Oscar. And look you actually CAN hit hrs in busch. Yet this offense continues to blow. This organization needs to make some offensive changes quick in the offseason.
    Oscar isn't a bust lmfao! He's certainly not playing the way we would of hoped YET but that doesn't mean he's a bust. He has plenty of time, he's young still and he's just got to figure the mlb level out. He'll get it going though definitely not worried about oscar!

As far tonights game terrible just plain terrible. Only bright spot is shelby was solid and YADI is back!

vCash
    I don't get all the complaining about the hitting. The Cards have done pretty well in that department the last few weeks. I'm very concerned with the BP though, they have been terrible. Mo's deadline trades have failed. Really, they were inept. Kelly, out of the bull pen, may have helped. Masterson has been a waste. The only starter I find I'm consistently confident in, is Lynn. Not quite sure whats happened to the abundance of pitching, but that is a bigger issue, to me, than the lack of hitting.

vCash
    I have not been impressed with Lackey or Masterson. I wasn't a fan of the trade then and I'm not now.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast