Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wainwright likely done for season

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/04/adam-wainwright-could-be-out-for-season.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Cardinals confirmed he injured his Achilles.

Does this mean we go and get Hamel?

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Likely the opposite imo

Phillies refuse for a deal without Martinez. With how Martinez has pitched just honestly ask yourself. Do you wanna give up a 23 year old who is just showing his potential starting to break through for a 31 year old just to go for it this year?

We still can get to the playoffs with the 4 we have if we can just get a solid replacement in there who can eat some innings

vCash
    Lots of decent middle of the rotation guys who can eat innings. Lohse, Haren, Latos, and buehrle were all names that came to my mind of guys who could be available soon

vCash
    On the bright side, things turned out well last time Wainwright was out for the season. Maybe Lackey can be this years Chris Carpenter haha

vCash
    I would rather the Cardinals fill the spot in house if at all possible (big shoes to fill, I know). I don't want to give up Martinez for a guy we might have for a year or two.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Too bad Marco is hurt right now too

vCash
    Honestly think the spot goes to Lyons for probably 2 starts, then goes to whoever can get healthy first Garcia or Gonzales and then they'll figure out what they need in July or June

One thing that will help is we have things that couldn't help us last year. We have 2 relievers in Villanueva and Belisle who can eat about 70+ innings in multiple roles

vCash

Wainwright likely done for season

Oh I agree I wouldn't give up Martinez he is on a tear but imo hamels value is only going down the closer he gets to free agency but then again the Phillies are a terrible organization and would rather keep hamels and let him walk then sell him for his actual worth

Michael Wacha

vCash
    1.) Wacha and Martinez have FIPs of 3.72 and 3.93 respectively. They have not been nearly as impressive as you guys are making them out to be and do not have any sort of history that can warrant anybody to say that they can fill the void left by Wainright. Also Cardinal fans putting any sort of hope into Garcia is more laughable than when Cub fans were doing the same thing with Prior and Wood back in 04 and 05. Lyons? Cooney? Lol...

2.) This was already the Cubs division to lose and now you can go ahead and write them in as the run away favorites. Cardinals didn't have the horses to keep up with their 1/2 punch to start with and now the only guy that could narrow the gap is gone. They don't have the prospects to go get Hamels, their farm is a joke. Karma is a *****, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
    1.) Wacha and Martinez have FIPs of 3.72 and 3.93 respectively. They have not been nearly as impressive as you guys are making them out to be and do not have any sort of history that can warrant anybody to say that they can fill the void left by Wainright. Also Cardinal fans putting any sort of hope into Garcia is more laughable than when Cub fans were doing the same thing with Prior and Wood back in 04 and 05. Lyons? Cooney? Lol...

2.) This was already the Cubs division to lose and now you can go ahead and write them in as the run away favorites. Cardinals didn't have the horses to keep up with their 1/2 punch to start with and now the only guy that could narrow the gap is gone. They don't have the prospects to go get Hamels, their farm is a joke. Karma is a *****, huh?
    You will always be in our shadow little troll

Michael Wacha

vCash
    LOl...Cubs win two series (both against the lowly Reds) and the fans are claiming the title. Not even May yet, hilarious.

So, I mentioned this when Lohse was a Cardinal and lost a season to getting HBP, is it time for the national League to adopt the DH? Interesting commentary from Scherzer, he thinks so.

vCash
    No. They should remove the DH from the AL

Baseball is a nine on nine game. 9 positions. 9 players. If another player is added then a player needs to be removed

My thing is he hurt himself running. After Ryan Howard had this we didn't talk about banning 1B hitting

vCash
    I know what you mean Skippy. I would be a Brewers fan right now if I hadn't felt that same way when I first fell in love with baseball. I grew up in a suburb of Milwaukee in the 70's. I hated the Brewers and the American League in general. I became a Cardinal fan for two reasons, the Brewers played in the AL and my older brother was a Cub's fan.

All that said, I wouldn't be totally against or get upset if the NL brought the DH. Just tired of watching pitchers get hurt when their forced to do something they practice so infrequently. We have two potential Cy young winners missing early starts(Scherzer-at least next start, and Waino-potentially the season)due to something other than pitching. Tough to swallow.

vCash
    I guess what annoys me a ton now also MLB saying they're so worried about pace of play but ignore the DH because it makes them tons of money even though it slows games down

vCash
    We'll be filling from within, but that doesn't mean we won't do a deadline deal for someone like Buerhle or a rental.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast