Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luis Robert

Luis Robert

Any chance we sign this kid? Or is he pretty much a White Sox guy at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Im guessing us, the white sox, or astros.

He can sign starting Saturday and I expect him to sign within a week or so. No sense in drawing it out when he knows who the bidders are

How much can we offer? Is there a cap to it?
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

No cap. It's all international money though and we are over our cap so you we pay a dollar for dollar luxury tax if we sign him.

I would guess he signs somewhere for a 25 million or so dollar bonus.

The good news is the Cubs, dodgers, Red Sox and a few other big spenders cannot bid because they spent too much in international money last year

Well I'm hoping we go all out for this kid. He would probably instantly be our top prospect, pretty easily if we did. We kind of need a player like him as well

Him signing would also off-set the fact that we don't pick until 94 overall in this years draft

I'd say it's between us and the White Sox, but I don't see the Cards giving him 25ish M.

I would imagine they don't go over 15ish M.

The front office is pretty disciplined, even if they won't get penalized much, they make good moves on things like this and don't over extend just because of the circumstances.

You have to remember it's a 100% tax.

If we gave him 15M, it means he cost us 30M

He has signed with the White Sox, for over 25M

Damn I had high hopes here

Who cares how much it was, DeWitt had the money for it, this organization easily had the money for it.

TA's obsession in the MLB forum for anti-Cardinals is 100% obsessive.

He posts about nothing else, it's insanity.

Luis Robert signs with the White Sox, and his post is about how nobody wants to be a Cardinal :rollseyes:

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Who cares how much it was, DeWitt had the money for it, this organization easily had the money for it.
    Sure.

But will they spend that $50M elsewhere on another player? Assuming they were even in it that far?

My assumption was that they had 30-40ish they were willing to spend. I think that will come from somewhere else for the team over to coming years.

We are in the middle of a pending shift.

We either double down and start making moves to bolster the roster, or start selling off the pieces that aren't here to stay (Wainwright, Peralta, etc).

If I was in charge, we would likely play out the year since we are competitive. And then I would see who wanted Leake and Wainwright.

Extend Oh and Diaz. Trade Rosenthal's last year for anything. See what Lynn would require to stay a few more years, and start doubling down the money on our farm for the 2018 season and beyond. Focus on a 3-4 year rebuild while having a decent MLB roster (Fowler, Diaz, Oh, Wacha, Martinez, Molina, Piscotty, Lynn, Gyoko, Wong, Carpenter, Reyes, Flaherty, etc). And keep filling in the pieces through the farm so that in 2019-2020 you have something to call up.

The team has over 30M to spend in 2018 on the roster. And if you can move Leake and/or Wainwright for anything, that could bring back even more savings.

That 2018-2019 off-season that sees a ton of huge free agents, could see us landing somebody.

I realize that isn't how we roll, but if we are freeing up the space on the roster, have a good young core, and can offer the most cash with our new tv deal and freed up roster space. Why wouldn't Harper or Machado look to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    TA's obsession in the MLB forum for anti-Cardinals is 100% obsessive.

He posts about nothing else, it's insanity.

Luis Robert signs with the White Sox, and his post is about how nobody wants to be a Cardinal :rollseyes:
    He's more obsessed with the cardinals than he is the cubs lol

Anytime something slightly out of the ordinary happens with the cardinals, I wait for the thread to be made in the MLB Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    He's more obsessed with the cardinals than he is the cubs lol

Anytime something slightly out of the ordinary happens with the cardinals, I wait for the thread to be made in the MLB Forum
    Same here.. It's like his life revolves around St. Louis sports.. He's such a loser..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast