Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    ^ agreed his production was terrible without Joe. He did nothing without him. He had a good shot when he was standing still and that is the only reason he had success, he couldn't skate. Murray is a little different he had a ton of success with Joe but Murray was a good player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Cheechoo was traded in the Danny Heatley deal, before his trade value was completly gone. Then he fell off the face of the earth. Cheechoo was DEFINITELY a product of Jumbo Joe. You kidding me? Forget the injury, when Cheechoo was taken off Thortons line, his production dropped off the face of the earth. I had Cheechoo on my fantasy team, it was a hard pill to swallow.

Also, Glen Murray was another byproduct of Joe Thorton. My point is quite clear, if you have elite talent, they make players around them better.

Stev Nash anyone?
    I agree with you. Cheechoo was a good player then disappeared totally.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Sort of been off the map recently haha haven't been viewing the threads as much but that's mostly because everything has been quiet.

However I still think Burke makes a surprise acquisition. Doan rumors are floating out there but I don't know if its a fit especially because he's gonna demand a high salary.

I have always liked Pavelski from SJ if that is what you guys were discussing, he's small but he's been productive. I personally don't like the idea of having JVR at Center but that's their decision.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Cheechoo was traded in the Danny Heatley deal, before his trade value was completly gone. Then he fell off the face of the earth. Cheechoo was DEFINITELY a product of Jumbo Joe. You kidding me? Forget the injury, when Cheechoo was taken off Thortons line, his production dropped off the face of the earth. I had Cheechoo on my fantasy team, it was a hard pill to swallow.

Also, Glen Murray was another byproduct of Joe Thorton. My point is quite clear, if you have elite talent, they make players around them better.

Stev Nash anyone?
    I seriously hope no one on this forum is remotely comparing JVR to Joe Thornton...there's nothing to suggest he'll EVER be the play-maker Jumbo Joe was/is. I think JVR can be a border-line star player with the Leafs, but I'm not at all confident it's at center ice...I hope I'm wrong though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    I seriously hope no one on this forum is remotely comparing JVR to Joe Thornton...there's nothing to suggest he'll EVER be the play-maker Jumbo Joe was/is. I think JVR can be a border-line star player with the Leafs, but I'm not at all confident it's at center ice...I hope I'm wrong though.
    I'm basically using joe as an example, that good players make other players better. With JVR playing with kessel and lupul, two all stars, it should raise jvr's playing level/production.

I truly believe Burke is trying to land that coveted #1 centre. The. JVR can play on the 2nd line with grabo.

vCash

vCash
    I'm basically using joe as an example, that good players make other players better. With JVR playing with kessel and lupul, two all stars, it should raise jvr's playing level/production.

I truly believe Burke is trying to land that coveted #1 centre. The. JVR can play on the 2nd line with grabo.
    I think so too. Even if JVR didn't play with Kessel and Lupul he would certainly get PP time with them.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    go after Briere!

vCash
    Briere is interesting. If something happens this Weber deal goes through, I can see him being traded. Or at least Hartnell. But you never know. Philly is really going for it this season.

vCash
    Phillies at a point now where they can go in for the kill. Must be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Phillies at a point now where they can go in for the kill. Must be nice.
    Have you seen their goalie? Bryz is a wildcard. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    go after Briere!
    I'm kinda shocked that Burke has yet to make another move, since JVR. After his interview with the FAN, i was expecting Lou/Bernier or a Stashny deal to have happened. Obviously im throwing out names, Burke could very easily surprise us all.

I will say this, which i have said in the past - Burkes head is on the chopping block, HE WILL NOT go into next season without a new goalie and/or a #1 centre.

Burke has already stated, he has moves he can make to upgrade both postions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Have you seen their goalie? Bryz is a wildcard. lol
    He can't play any worse than last year. So even a moderate improvement plus the addition of Weber is scary. Hence going for the kill on this offer sheet.

vCash
    If Philly only has to give up 4 1st round picks, they are laughing. Those picks are going to be crap and Nashville is going to end up with 4 mediocre prospects. Watch Schenn and Weber become the next greatest D duo ever lol.

I don't think we will see a goal tending change til after the center issue is looked after. Burke said he doesn't need a goalie til we start playing. He probably said it to seem less desperate but still. I have a feeling he's looking at centers before goalies. Either way, lots of time left in the off season anyway. But I think I speak for Leafs Nation when I say that I`m very anxious for the next domino to fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    If Philly only has to give up 4 1st round picks, they are laughing. Those picks are going to be crap and Nashville is going to end up with 4 mediocre prospects. Watch Schenn and Weber become the next greatest D duo ever lol.

I don't think we will see a goal tending change til after the center issue is looked after. Burke said he doesn't need a goalie til we start playing. He probably said it to seem less desperate but still. I have a feeling he's looking at centers before goalies. Either way, lots of time left in the off season anyway. But I think I speak for Leafs Nation when I say that I`m very anxious for the next domino to fall.
    I read a thing today that Nashville is going to match unless Philly agrees to re-acquire the 4 1st round picks that they'd send to Nashville for the players that Nashville originally asked for, which includes BOTH of Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier among other pieces. Which would be interesting. Would Philly give up Brayden and Couturier for Weber?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast