Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    connolly hasn't played less than that in 3 seasons. Odds are very good he'll meet your expectations.
    Have you looked at the 3 seasons prior to that...the ones where he averaged 36 games a year...he could go on the IR from picking up the mail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Have you looked at the 3 seasons prior to that...the ones where he averaged 36 games a year...he could go on the IR from picking up the mail
    yea when he had re-occuring concussion issues. Any player carries a risk to play 36 games. He hasn't had any major injuries since then. He continues to get healthier and produce in his limited minutes.

Don't be so negative, all players in the NHL can get injured.

vCash
    yea when he had re-occuring concussion issues. Any player carries a risk to play 36 games. He hasn't had any major injuries since then. He continues to get healthier and produce in his limited minutes.

Don't be so negative, all players in the NHL can get injured.
    And all NHL teams have a legit shot at the playoffs...just not the Leafs in the past SEVEN years

vCash
    And all NHL teams have a legit shot at the playoffs...just not the Leafs in the past SEVEN years
    please tell me more...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    If he was stuck centreing the 3rd line - yes.
    If he's centreing Kessel and Lupul - no.

He's 6'3, over 200 pounds and is/was a very highly touted spec. Being only 23, and playing with Kessel and Lupul, i expect him to excel. He has the full package, if he can put it together with the top line, LOOK out
    !
    I disagree with your reasoning. I'm not sure if JVR played any C in his amateur days, but just because you're a good player withe size, and playing with good line mates, doesn't usually translate into making a smooth transition. Adjusting to the centre ice position is a HUGE adjustment...not everyone sees the ice the same, and with the head-hunting D-men out there it takes someone who knows not to cut to the middle and has eyes in the back of their helmet. You also take a guy out of position that is used to using his size in the corners and clogging the net...and now asking him to be the playmaker and use the ice in a different manner...it's not near as easy as you might think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    I disagree with your reasoning. I'm not sure if JVR played any C in his amateur days, but just because you're a good player withe size, and playing with good line mates, doesn't usually translate into making a smooth transition. Adjusting to the centre ice position is a HUGE adjustment...not everyone sees the ice the same, and with the head-hunting D-men out there it takes someone who knows not to cut to the middle and has eyes in the back of their helmet. You also take a guy out of position that is used to using his size in the corners and clogging the net...and now asking him to be the playmaker and use the ice in a different manner...it's not near as easy as you might think
    JVR played centre before he was drafted. It was actually well documented in the past week, since Caryle said he wants to play JVR at centre. For anyone who has played hockey, good players make players around them better. Ask joe thornton and Devon setiguchie (sp)

vCash
    better yet ask Mr ChooChoo train about playing with Thorton. If i was ChooChoo i would have a statue of Joe in my huge *** bedroom and kiss it goodnight everynight. That guys owes everything he has to Thorton. He made over 5 million a season.

vCash
    Hearing the Leafs have put in an offer to G Jonathan Bernier. -- Andi Petrillo (@andipHNIC)

Only posting here because its active...take it for what its worth..and its from the legit andi who yes i would **** if anyone carse

vCash
    please tell me more...
    Bruce Wayne isn't real...sell your pj's and and bedsheets while you can
    Last edited by Lavy16; 07-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    better yet ask Mr ChooChoo train about playing with Thorton. If i was ChooChoo i would have a statue of Joe in my huge *** bedroom and kiss it goodnight everynight. That guys owes everything he has to Thorton. He made over 5 million a season.

This is incredibly inaccurate, cheechoos knees were toast, he also didnt always play with joe either. Common misconception. Injuries are what led to the bad numbers.

vCash
    why would i sell my pj's if Bruce wayne isn't real? did he sign them or something?

vCash
    also stick to *****ing about burke and the leafs, your comebacks are so weak without them.

vCash
    also stick to *****ing about burke and the leafs, your comebacks are so weak without them.
    Eeeeeeasy big fella. We're all friends here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Eeeeeeasy big fella. We're all friends here.

what? cmon that was friendly advice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    This is incredibly inaccurate, cheechoos knees were toast, he also didnt always play with joe either. Common misconception. Injuries are what led to the bad numbers.
    Cheechoo was traded in the Danny Heatley deal, before his trade value was completly gone. Then he fell off the face of the earth. Cheechoo was DEFINITELY a product of Jumbo Joe. You kidding me? Forget the injury, when Cheechoo was taken off Thortons line, his production dropped off the face of the earth. I had Cheechoo on my fantasy team, it was a hard pill to swallow.

Also, Glen Murray was another byproduct of Joe Thorton. My point is quite clear, if you have elite talent, they make players around them better.

Stev Nash anyone?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast