Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    If JVR only wins 20% of faceoffs and still gets to take faceoffs, someone should be fired, or everyone...one of the two...

You can play center without taking faceoffs. I don't really think faceoffs are the biggest issue. Assuming he'll play with Kessel, Kessel could easily win 40-42% of the draws. That's brutal. Nobody sticks at center winning less than 40% of the job...

The LOWEST qualifying center in faceoffs last season was at 42.2% and that was Mike Ribeiro. (Marcus Johansson was 2nd last, Caps aren't gonna win any ****ing draws next season lol)
    Anything but bozak. lmao

Just send steckel out there and then have him get off as soon as the puck is won/lost. Thats pretty much all he's good for.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Anything but bozak. lmao

Just send steckel out there and then have him get off as soon as the puck is won/lost. Thats pretty much all he's good for.
    I'd take 10 Bozaks before I took someone who was gonna win 20% of the draws. You can't have any sort of team game or puck control if you only win 20%. You'd win 20% over a full season just hoping the other guy makes a mistake and it rolls off his stick funny or waiting for a bad bounce.

vCash
    Just play Kadri ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murphdog View Post

to San Jose....Kessel, Gunnarson or Franson and a 2and rounder
    to Us.... Pavelski and Clowe
    And who do you suppose will play right wing for us afterwards? Clowe is a LW isn't he? We already have JVR(not sold on him being a center just yet), Kulemin, Lupol, Macarthur playing LW. Not to mention the main reason Lupol did what he did last year was because he played with Kessel, it's quite possible his production drops if you take him out of the mix.

Yes we lose Kessel but if the leafs make the playoffs do any of us really think he will shine?
    He did great in the playoffs with Boston before he got traded.

to Colorado...... Mac and Kuli
    to Us........ Stastny or O'Reilly ( kinda think O'Reilly is untouchable)

I'm thinking with the 6.6 Stastny makes he may be available, plus the Avs have made some really bad trades in the last few years..
    Why would Colorado do this? If I'm the Avalanche I would want a first round pick and a top 6 forward at least.

What bad trades have they made in the past? The Varlamov one was the only moderately bad trade they've made in the last couple of years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    He did great in the playoffs with Boston before he got traded.
    Offensively yes defensively no

thats why he got traded

vCash
    Well let's be honest though, I don't think anyone expects shutdown defence from Kessel, he has a role and he's relied on primarily to score. But to be fair, he still was a plus 8 in the playoffs, his D couldn't have been that dreadful now could it have?

And to be fair, he got traded because Burke offered up a kings ransom for him, they didn't just trade Kessel for the sake of trading him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Offensively yes defensively no

thats why he got traded
    He got traded because he asked to be traded. Pete C the Bruins GM said so after he made the deal. Kessel will deny he asked for a deal, but whatelse is a fella supposed to say? Just damage control to try to not carry a stigma. Nobody wants to be Dany Heatly. Even if Healty is a "****in all-star" lol.

vCash
    I remember him sitting up in the bleachers against the habs playoff series....CJ hated him

he got pissed, wanted a contract based on his goals boston said no and he asked to be traded

Its not just his defense its the same problem with every pure sniper once you have the lead what do you do with them?

Also play Kadri and Colborne fak!!!! Whats the worst thing that happens they get experience?

vCash
    There's no excuse why Kadri and Colbourne shouldn't get some playing time this year, with our lack of a #1 center what's the worst that could happen really?

vCash
    There's no excuse why Kadri and Colbourne shouldn't get some playing time this year, with our lack of a #1 center what's the worst that could happen really?
    Burke will have his excuses of why

vCash
    Leafs don't make the playoffs, Burke gets fired? hehe!

Seriously though, I agree with you completely.... if we go into the year, as is, and Kadri and/or Colbourne don't get a shot I'm going to be extremely unhappy. I'd much, much rather see what these guys can do in the big show than see overpaid vets who bring very little to the table.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    You guys are both insultingly wrong. Jeez. Check your god-damn facts you horrible posters...

JVR's faceoffs
    09-10: 0 for 2
    10-11: 0 for 3
    11-12: 2 for 5

He's taken a TOTAL of 10 faceoffs and he's won 2 of them in his whole career!

Some people just don't look up anything
    I've probably taken more career faceoffs against NHL players than JVR has...and I'm not joking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I've probably taken more career faceoffs against NHL players than JVR has...and I'm not joking

That seriously made me LOL! Nice work!

I really, really hope that they'll stick JVR in his rightful spot and not completely screw this up. Go get a #1 center Burke... seriously get er done.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Leafs don't make the playoffs, Burke gets fired? hehe!

Seriously though, I agree with you completely.... if we go into the year, as is, and Kadri and/or Colbourne don't get a shot I'm going to be extremely unhappy. I'd much, much rather see what these guys can do in the big show than see overpaid vets who bring very little to the table.
    I would have tolerated a year of Kadri and Colborne's growing pains over watching Tim Connoly that's for sure

vCash
    Truculence boys.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast