Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wk 1-FA signings ended - are you happy with the signings?

It has been a week since free agency started are you happy with our current signings, or do you wish the Wings had gotten someone else.

Samuelsson - I understand it, but I don't like the NTC.

Tootoo - I'm glad they got someone with some grit. Maybe he will be the next Pat Verbeek, but I would have preferred Taylor Pyatt, or someone else with some size.

Brunner - Yes. No brainer for me.

Gustavsson - Yes, but again I don't like the NTC.
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-08-2012 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Why do we need to have so many threads? Unless we sign somebody I don't see why we can't just keep it all in that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash

Wk 1-FA signings - are you happy with the signings?

Wingman, no more fa/trade threads. For the love of all that is good and holy.

vCash
    There was so much focus on adding Suter it's easy to forget the Wings already have gotten better since free agency began five days ago.

They added Jonas Gustavsson, a 6-foot-3 goaltender who provides safety as Jimmy Howard enters the final year of his contract. They added Mikael Samuelsson, who at $3 million a season was a better option than spending $4 million to keep Jiri Hudler: Samuelsson is much bigger, and a better skater. For $1 million, they added Damien Brunner, who's fast and skilled. And they added Jordin Tootoo, an aggravator who can help out offensively. Helene St. James

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    There was so much focus on adding Suter it's easy to forget the Wings already have gotten better since free agency began five days ago.

They added Jonas Gustavsson, a 6-foot-3 goaltender who provides safety as Jimmy Howard enters the final year of his contract. They added Mikael Samuelsson, who at $3 million a season was a better option than spending $4 million to keep Jiri Hudler: Samuelsson is much bigger, and a better skater. For $1 million, they added Damien Brunner, who's fast and skilled. And they added Jordin Tootoo, an aggravator who can help out offensively. Helene St. James
    I would take Hudler at 4 over Sammy at 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Yes I'm happy. We didn't give Suter or Parise the contracts they got from Minnesota.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    Nah, i'll take Sammy with his overall contract any day over Huds

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    I would too, but I don't think I would on a four year deal. I want Tatar and Nyquist up now.. Then you've got Jurco and possibly Pulkkinen in a few years.

vCash
    Overall the signings haven't been to bad, getting the Monster to back up Howie. Tootoo adds the grit the team needs along with being a pesky little fra-cker, something this team has needed sense Maltby retired. Sammy, well I wasn't to impressed, but I have to say he does have a booming shot. Sammy just needs to zero that shot in a little and stop shooting 13 feet wide all the time. Not very accurate! Overall a decent two way player who puts up good #'s come play-off time.

vCash
    Its not who we signed thats the issue, its who we havent or what we havent addressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    Its not who we signed thats the issue, its who we havent or what we havent addressed.
    this.

vCash
    I too have been underwhelmed by Kenny's offseason so far.

I do like the Tootoo signing though. I'm interested to see what Brunner brings to the NHL. Otherwise...

The Monster is anything but.
    Sammy is Sammy. (Eeesh)

I thought there would have been a bigger signing to offset the loss of Lids.

vCash
    I'm sure we are all disappointed we didn't sign Suter but sometimes its the moves you didn't make that help you more than the ones you did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm sure we are all disappointed we didn't sign Suter but sometimes its the moves you didn't make that help you more than the ones you did.
    Definitely disappointed, but they tried. Had the Wings snagged Suter the D would have been basically set and the Wings could have concentrated on tweaking the roster. I don't know if they have that luxury now.

vCash
    If we don't make a move for a top line D-men than i'm guessing there banking on Smith being a stud and producing big time. Otherwise i'm not sure what there thinking, than again the whole FA market seems to be at a standstill waiting for I don't know a new CBA?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast