Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    I think they just kicked the door down that a lot of other bands were breaking the hinges of in years prior. I think what may bother people with that song in particular, is it became the calling for a lot of people who would have just as well listened to Bush, who came out afterward with their clone song not too long later.
    While I was a fan of Bush in highschool they did not appeal to me like Nirvana. I think Cobain's lyrics were far superior and more poetic than anything Rossdale was singing. Anytime you see an artist from that generation talking about that era of music they're very quick to acknowledge that Kurt Cobain was the greatest song writer of their generation. (with the exception of Billy Corgan) I think had any other band broken down the door then they would've gotten credit. Nirvana hit like the Beatles.
    I would however argue that R.E.M. may be superior musically than any other band from that era. I believe at one point both Nirvana and R.E.M. were the most popular bands in the world.
    "Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."-Bill Hicks

vCash
    so is popularity your measure of how great a band is?

vCash
    Anybody else sad that bands like Third Eye Blind and Our Lady Peace are now in their 40s?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not at all. I'm more sad that I ever had to hear those bands on the radio.
    this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcorcoran39 View Post
    Anybody else sad that bands like Third Eye Blind and Our Lady Peace are now in their 40s?
    Unfortunately, everybody gets old. The only thing you can do is enjoy their music from the past.

vCash
    Nirvana may be overrated but they beat Smashing Pumpkins hands down. Even if you think its close the tie breaker should be that Billy Corgan looks exactly like a child rapist.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    man soundgarden is coming out with a new album in like a month, so excited
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    I just went to the Rev:25 4 days of shows here in NYC. Highlights for me were Inside Out, Texas is the Reason, Underdog, Youth of Today and Supertouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456