Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH-TELLER View Post
    so your the guy
    When Hootie was first released, it was all the Frat boys and jocks. They loved that Dan Marino was in Hootie's video. To quote my frat/jock family member, "they look like guys I would hang out with."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Does anybody else think Billy Corgan is an *******? I've seen him say in interviews that bands like the Smashing Pumpkins should have gotten the same recognition as Nirvana, and he always scoffs when Kurt Cobain is mentioned. Smashing Pumpkins were no where near as good as Nirvana.
    He's right. Nirvana is okay, but overrated as hell. Pumpkins destroy just about every other 90's popular rock band, including nirvana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicksAllDay View Post
    I ****ing love Alice in Chains, too. I would've loved to have been born about 10-15 years earlier, and been able to see all these bands back in their heydays.
    yea, this is my fav song of theirs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_601kPxo1lQ

so powerful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedMaskSB View Post
    He's right. Nirvana is okay, but overrated as hell. Pumpkins destroy just about every other 90's popular rock band, including nirvana.
    dunno if i'd say nirvana was overrated, but pumpkins was definitely underrated. The only thing that's kinda annoying is they have good songs interspersed with bad ones, so I can't just put their album in and listen, I gotta steady skip around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    dunno if i'd say nirvana was overrated, but pumpkins was definitely underrated. The only thing that's kinda annoying is they have good songs interspersed with bad ones, so I can't just put their album in and listen, I gotta steady skip around
    this is true, but they have so many good songs.

vCash

ewing

Does anybody else think Billy Corgan is an *******? I've seen him say in interviews that bands like the Smashing Pumpkins should have gotten the same recognition as Nirvana, and he always scoffs when Kurt Cobain is mentioned. Smashing Pumpkins were no where near as good as Nirvana.

Its an accepted fact that he is a total dick. He right though. Anyway, I went to see him a couple of years ago and near the start of the show someone yelled "1979". Billy got all pissed off and told the crowd "im not here to play songs you got laid too in high school". The guy is a total egomanic

vCash

ewing

You youngsters should check out the Eels- very underrated band

vCash

vCash
    Billy corgan did an un-announced surprise solo show at a coffee shop in my hometown a year or two ago. I got a text from my friend and by the time I got there it was too packed to get in, was so bummed.

vCash
    He is, everyone knows it. He sued Collective Soul over their song "Shine" claiming it sounded too much like "Snail"(They really don't sound too similar), but Ed Roland was able to prove that the song was written prior to Snail's release. Later, Ed Roland wrote the song "Smashing Young Man", a song about Billy Corgan (clearly a diss).

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicksAllDay View Post
    I ****ing love Alice in Chains, too. I would've loved to have been born about 10-15 years earlier, and been able to see all these bands back in their heydays.
    x2 for sure, I was lucky to have a brother who was in highschool during the 90s so I got a lot of exposure to the grunge scene from an early age, but man I would have loved to see them in concert.
    Last edited by D-Will4Prez; 08-28-2012 at 11:17 PM.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    QUICKSAND - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicksand_%28band%29

Some of my friends and easily one of the best bands to come out of the 90's. They just had 2 reunion shows this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPzJ...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egzF66hDkFs
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 08-29-2012 at 09:08 AM.

vCash
    I love this thread, this brings back memories and old songs I enjoy listening when I was a kid. I like slipknot, POD, system of a down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedMaskSB View Post
    Why is it when a band is great someone always calls them overrated. If they weren't as good as people claim they wouldn't have changed music and killed that 80's hair metal ********.
    I do believe alot of people thought Soundgarden was going to be the first band from the Seattle scene to really break through. Nirvana did it, they deserve the credit, more kids listen to Nevermind and want to start a band than they do listening to the Smashing Pumpkins. That's a fact.
    I certainly would've never picked up a guitar if it weren't for Smells Like Teen Spirit.
    "Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."-Bill Hicks

vCash
    Why is it when a band is great someone always calls them overrated. If they weren't as good as people claim they wouldn't have changed music and killed that 80's hair metal ********.
    I do believe alot of people thought Soundgarden was going to be the first band from the Seattle scene to really break through. Nirvana did it, they deserve the credit, more kids listen to Nevermind and want to start a band than they do listening to the Smashing Pumpkins. That's a fact.
    I certainly would've never picked up a guitar if it weren't for Smells Like Teen Spirit.
    I think they just kicked the door down that a lot of other bands were breaking the hinges of in years prior. I think what may bother people with that song in particular, is it became the calling for a lot of people who would have just as well listened to Bush, who came out afterward with their clone song not too long later.

vCash
    In the early 90's, I was friendly with the owner of The Beat, a small club in Port Chester, NY. One night my friends and I stumbled in to have some drinks and watch some live music, and as it turned out the band that night was Smashing Pumpkins. I got to watch them play their set from about 10 feet away....lol, on a barstool. Tremendous night.

However, for me...the song of the 90's was Bone Machine by the Pixies.

Buy me a soda?

-Stork

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast