Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Jamall Charles> all raiders RBS.
    A year has gone by so people forget he was the best in the league in 2010 and broke the ypc record.
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    Yeah, if McFadden and Charles are both at full health Charles is the better player.
    wow, to each their own I guess...

vCash
    Better YPC, more yards and they've been in the league the same amount of years.
    Both are insanely injury prone and McFadden has been running behind better OL's in their respective careers.

But as you said, each to their own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nips View Post
    We're just simply not on the same page- lemme try again, I know he played LT, I get all that, what I'm trying to get across is that he played guard his entire collegiate career- I'm not saying playing in space is going to be an issue- I'm telling you the reason the Chiefs are moving him to center is because the Center rarely takes on point to point contact with a DT- Guards do- thats why guards are typically 310 lbs and stout- Hudson was a good solid guard in college but he's to undersized to play that position in the NFL- he'll get worked- switching him to center allows him to play in a little more space than a guard does and allows him to aide either guard to double team a particular DT- Even in a 30 front going nose to nose with some toilet clogger- he'll get help from a guard-

That's all good and all, when he's pulling.. but that wont do him any good going up against a bigger,stronger, faster DT

Jesus Christ man, really... this again? I'm questioning the guys ability to handle the guard position in the NFL and his inexperience to never have played the Center position in his career- I'm not questioning his size at the center position.. here, let me try this, maybe it'll work

1) Too small to play guard -that's why they are moving him to center
    2) Never played the Center position in his entire career- Raw, inexperienced
    Interesting you would mention that, because when Lilja went down he filled in at RG the whole time. So im not going to agree with your assessment that he cant handle the guard position, because he was just fine. He played Center for a little while in TC last year, and when they had practice to rest Wiegmann throughout the season he was aswell taking snaps. So the familiarity is there, and I am quite sure Wiegmann took him under his wing and taught him as much as he could..he has experience, just not as much would like. I really see no issue with him at C...KC has the best OL in the division, so he wont have a whole lot on his shoulders.

vCash
    im just curious of what arguments you bring to the table as to why Dmac is better than Jamaal at this point? If it has anything to do with talent and potential..just stop lol. Gotta get a guy who produces consistently, and can atleast stay semi healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    wow, to each their own I guess...
    I think McFadden is the better all round back but I think Charles is the more dangerous. I think he has more moves I think he is more shifty, quick, and faster than McFadden. If I am not mistaken he has also done something McFadden has never done and that's play a whole season.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Both are insanely injury prone and McFadden has been running behind better OL's in their respective careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    I think McFadden is the better all round back but I think Charles is the more dangerous. I think he has more moves I think he is more shifty, quick, and faster than McFadden. If I am not mistaken he has also done something McFadden has never done and that's play a whole season.
    Production wise I have no argument, obviously dmc has had his issues. But as far as what they can do on the field, I don't know, I can't see that. McFadden has every bit as explosive a first step, stick his foot in the ground and cut, and break away speed.

On top of that he has an element that charles doesn't, he can lower his shoulder and bull thru players for extra yards, probably the nastiest stiff arm in the league, spin moves are nasty. There's no doubt in my mind he's the most dynamic back in the league. He can go through or around defenders.

He's also one of the best blocking backs I've seen, he can also legitimately line up at wr and be a legitimate threat from there. If not for all these freakin foot issues I think he'd make a serious push for mvp and opoy year in and year out.

Also, until mid 2010, the raiders o line has been shaky at best. I like charles a lot, like dmc I think he's one of the few players in the league that have a legitimate shot at taking it to the house any time they touch the ball, but I think dmc is pretty clear cut on another level than him. There's nothing charles can do that dmc can't, there's plenty that dmc can do that charles can't. except stay healthy, unfortunately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Production wise I have no argument, obviously dmc has had his issues. But as far as what they can do on the field, I don't know, I can't see that. McFadden has every bit as explosive a first step, stick his foot in the ground and cut, and break away speed.

There's nothing charles can do that dmc can't, there's plenty that dmc can do that charles can't. except stay healthy, unfortunately.
    Sorry nasty really not being a hater I just dont agree. I do agree with all the parts I deleted. I do think McFadden has a power element Charles doesn't. I dont think McFadden is any kind of power back but he is more so than Charles. I do not think he has the same quickness at all. I do believe Charles has that over him. I dont thinks much by any means though.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash

I wouldn't call Jamaal injury prone. He's had 1 freak injury in his whole career

vCash
    GIFSoup
    GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME
    11.13.11 Jon Baldwin KC Chiefs Rookie

Get Whooped in some Madden 13 Private message me with your PSN name and get that *** smashed

vCash
    to sum it up for u since u called Dorsey and Jackson BUSTS and kc has the worst
    This is another 3 year study (2009-2011) where PFF looks at how many tackles to missed tackles defensive linemen have to come up with their tackling efficiency rating. Again, it’s not about totals, but efficiency with the chances they had.

The Results:
    Tyson Jackson was rated the 10th most efficient tackling interior defensive lineman in the NFL.
    Glenn Dorsey was rated the 15th most efficient tackling interior defensive lineman in the NFL.
    With 32 teams in the NFL, one team having two DL rated in the top 15 is pretty impressive. Washington was the only other team to do so. So basically, when Dorsey and Jackson have a chance to make a tackle, they almost always do.

In this study over just the 2011 season PFF looked only at 3-4 DEs and the number of run snaps that they were in for and how many stops they made on those snaps. Then they simply ranked the players based on the highest percentage of stops per snaps.

The Results:
    Tyson Jackson was the #1 3-4 DE in the NFL in both total run stops and run stop percentage.
    Glenn Dorsey was ranked #2 in total run stops and #6 in run stop percentage.
    So not only did Jackson and Dorsey make more stops than any other 3-4 DEs, but their percentage of stops per run snaps were also at the top of the list.

When you combine these last two studies what it tells you is that Dorsey and Jackson are two of the most effective run stoppers in all the NFL.
    GIFSoup

Get Whooped in some Madden 13 Private message me with your PSN name and get that *** smashed

vCash
    Now add a 350 pound NT who can play EVERY snap and run a 40 in under 5 and bench 250 44 times.. and a full season (god willing) from Berry and Houston breaking out the last half of the season! also KC having a better Offense will also keep the D on the sideline more giving them more breaks and keeping them fresher... KCs D can be top 10.. but this was just to prove u have NOOOOO IDEA what ur talking about when u say Dorsey and Jackson are Busts!
    GIFSoup

Nips is offline -> This space for rent <-
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FKNRUEHH925 View Post
    to sum it up for u since u called Dorsey and Jackson BUSTS and kc has the worst
    This is another 3 year study (2009-2011) where PFF looks at how many tackles to missed tackles defensive linemen have to come up with their tackling efficiency rating. Again, it’s not about totals, but efficiency with the chances they had.

The Results:
    Tyson Jackson was rated the 10th most efficient tackling interior defensive lineman in the NFL.
    Glenn Dorsey was rated the 15th most efficient tackling interior defensive lineman in the NFL.
    With 32 teams in the NFL, one team having two DL rated in the top 15 is pretty impressive. Washington was the only other team to do so. So basically, when Dorsey and Jackson have a chance to make a tackle, they almost always do.
    I see you pick and choose

You conveinently left out that the article also stated that Tyson and Dorsey are also in the top 10 WORST pass rushing DT's the last 3 years

The Results:
    Tyson Jackson was the #1 3-4 DE in the NFL in both total run stops and run stop percentage.
    Glenn Dorsey was ranked #2 in total run stops and #6 in run stop percentage.
    So not only did Jackson and Dorsey make more stops than any other 3-4 DEs, but their percentage of stops per run snaps were also at the top of the list.
    Good frekin night... really man?

You're talking about tackling efficiency?

Why don't we look at what really matters... ACTUAL TACKLES

Here chew on this-

Tyson Jackson was ranked 16th and Glen Dorsey 34th

They both also rank in the top 10 as the worst pass rushing DL in the NFL

Awesome, maybe we can make an award for those two guys in regards for accomplishing an amazing feat-

The tackle "Efficency award"

Bottom line still is..

The Chiefs ranked in run defense

2009 - 27th in the NFL
    2010 - 14th
    2011 - 26th

But lets all forget that and concentrate on what an amazing job those to pro bowlers did in the efficiency dept-

vCash
    umm they are 3-4 DE?? they are there to stop the run! not to rush the pasher thats y we have a pro bowl OLB and MLB and a up coming star in houston.. we dont play a 4-3 and dont need those guys to get to the QB.. just stop the run which they r some of the BEST at
    GIFSoup

vCash
    u have NOOOOO IDEA what ur talking about when u say Dorsey and Jackson are Busts!
    The Chiefs tried to trade Dorsey to the Falcons in 2009 after his 2nd year but the Falcons pulled out

I'm not the only one calling Tyson a bust- it's been all over the media with ESPN analyst calling him that

Here's the bottom line

Tyson Jackson - 3rd overall pick
    Glen Dorsey - 5th overall pick

You'd expect better production from players drafted that high

You act like they were 6th or 7th rd'ers

It shouldn't come as a shock to anybody really, the Chiefs history of drafting DL as probably been the worst in the NFL since Nixon was president

Junior Siavi, Ryan Sims.. etc... list goes on and on and on.......

vCash
    umm they are 3-4 DE?? they are there to stop the run! not to rush the pasher thats y we have a pro bowl OLB and MLB and a up coming star in houston.. we dont play a 4-3 and dont need those guys to get to the QB.. just stop the run which they r some of the BEST at
    You are aware that a 30 front (3-4) typically has 5 DL on the line

You do know this right?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast